Prediction Rd 1 (you know: the first round after the opening round) team

Remove this Banner Ad

what i think will happen (as opposed to necessarily what i want)

Ryan Pearce Walker
Clarke Cox Aish
Brayshaw Young Sharp
Frederick Treacy Walters
Emmett Amiss Tabs
Jackson Fyfe Serong

Johnson JOM Wagner Switta

Em: Erasmus

Ryan Pearce Walker
Clarke Cox Aish
Brayshaw Young Sharp
Frederick Treacy Walters
Emmett Amiss Tabs
Jackson Fyfe Serong

Voss has so much more spring in his step as opposed to Tabs…but can see Tabs getting the nod.

Ryan Pearce Walker
Clarke Cox Aish
Brayshaw Young Sharp
Frederick Treacy Walters
Emmett Amiss Tabs
Jackson Fyfe Serong

Tabs in the pre season was a long long way off AFL standard. No leap, no separation from his defender. Some guy will take 15 intercept marks playing on him. For the love of god please leave him out of the team and see if he can find form at peel.

Our defence doesn't have one piercing kick. Young is the only one, and he's a mid.
They are mostly the flour bag type

Pearce is the only one who kicks flour bags. And Wagner at times (and he is maybe not best 22). Clark has a laser of a boot. Chapman when fit can kick low bullets. The rest have neat enough kicks.

Our opponents will only have one piercing kick down back in Coleman. The rest (Andrews, Payne, Lester, Wilmot, Starcevich, McKenna) are roughly on par with our defenders except for Pearce. Brisbane just run/move better. They didn't miss Rich one bit, and were probably better off without him.

The problem is not our kicking ability (except Pearce). It's the intent and movement before kicking it (from both kicker and receivers).

Pearce is the only one who kicks flour bags. And Wagner at times (and he is maybe not best 22). Clark has a laser of a boot. Chapman when fit can kick low bullets. The rest have neat enough kicks.

Our opponents will only have one piercing kick down back in Coleman. The rest (Andrews, Payne, Lester, Wilmot, Starcevich, McKenna) are roughly on par with our defenders except for Pearce. Brisbane just run/move better. They didn't miss Rich one bit, and were probably better off without him.

The problem is not our kicking ability (except Pearce). It's the intent and movement before kicking it (from both kicker and receivers).
Just as a matter of interest, who would you say is the worst kick out of our defenders, then?

Anyone got this

Fremantle Dockers training notes: Wingman Ethan Stanley injures his ankle, Nat Fyfe on light duties

Fremantle are just a week-and-a-half away from hosting Brisbane in their season opener. Here’s what caught our eye at training as the Dockers fine-tune their preparations.

Fremantle will be without Sean Darcy for next weekend’s season opener, but several of his teammates also failed to train with the main group as they work their way back to full fitness.

Darcy 3 to 5 weeks according to Coach on 3AW

Cooper Simpson had a head knock at training today

Anyone got this

Fremantle Dockers training notes: Wingman Ethan Stanley injures his ankle, Nat Fyfe on light duties

Fremantle are just a week-and-a-half away from hosting Brisbane in their season opener. Here’s what caught our eye at training as the Dockers fine-tune their preparations.

Fremantle will be without Sean Darcy for next weekend’s season opener, but several of his teammates also failed to train with the main group as they work their way back to full fitness.

That's it, no more training until after round 1. Call it all off, exclusively running on treadmills only

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simpson out, Sturt looking unfit, who you gonna call?

View attachment 1921091
not funny no GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

This is my hope, not sure it will be the team selected though. Can’t see Cox coming back from limited prep and playing on Hipwood, can see him playing the third tall interception role though. I just don’t see the point in retaining Reidy on the list if we aren’t going to play him when Darcy in injured. Knobel will likely overtake by the end of this year so we should play him now even if it’s only 50% in the ruck to limit the time Jackson has to go up against the big O.

Ryan Pearce Walker
Clark McDonald Cox
Johnson Young Sharp
Emmett Jackson Frederick
Walters Amiss Treacy
Reidy Fyfe Serong

Brayshaw JOM Aish Switta

Sub: Simpson

I really don't see it happening, but Reidy should play. It's not a question of who the best ruck is, but the question should be why did we recruit Jackson. And that was to be a forward/ruck/impact mid, someone who can generate mismatches wherever he goes. I think we lose a lot more everywhere else on the ground than we gain with him leading the ruck.

If it was just a week of no Darcy, maybe you'd just make do without a second ruck. But for a month or so, especially at the start of the season, it's not the time to completely change the structure we've planned for all preseason. Especially with our key forwards not exactly lighting it up in the practice games.

b: Ryan - Pearce - Wagner
hb: Aish - McDonald - Clark
c: Sharp - Young - Johnson
hf: Frederick - Jackson - Switkowski
f: Emmett - Amiss - Walters
r: Reidy - Serong - Brayshaw

i: Fyfe - Treacy - O'Meara - Hughes

sub: Simpson

I wanted Simpson in the starting team, but realistically we needed an extra defender in the 22 - so Hughes makes his way in as he tends to. The only spot up for grabs was really the small defender, and I don't really mind who gets it out of Walker, Wagner and Worner. Wagner provides the run, but the others would probably be stronger defensively - I suspect Aish will get more shut down roles this year.

But we'll probably just end up going smaller with Banfield replacing Reidy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Rd 1 (you know: the first round after the opening round) team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back