Prediction Rd 1 (you know: the first round after the opening round) team

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I'd be more than happy to walk away from the scratchie with a loss if it meant we got out of it unscathed.

I'd like to see us playing at 80 or even 90% intensity, maybe experiment with some rotations and strategy.

Gotta remember, the season proper isn't for a few weeks yet. We don't wanna walk out of this one with a laundry list of injuries.
OMG, can you imagine the dooms day posters on here if we lose to WC!
Agree though, injury free is more important than the win which is meaningless, experimenting with roles is far more valuable in these preseason games.

Agree though, injury free is more important than the win which is meaningless, experimenting with roles is far more valuable in these preseason games.
WC lost by plenty in 2018😜
But they have to sell something this year so I’m expecting some fireworks.
I’d take a Triumph over a Harley though.

Yeah was my first thought when I posted this. I'll take all the doomsdayers and negative posters stating we should drop Jackson and Amiss after a preseason loss to the Eagles, if it means we come out firing in H&A season.

It's gonna make it even more delicious when the smug Beagles supporters show up on Monday morning full of confidence only to be shot down in the first proper Derby.

yep. Richmond just 'beat' Melbourne. Richmond will be bottom 4. #nopreseasoninjuriesplease

I think Emmett and Simpson played themselves into Round 1 tonight.

Ryan Pearce Walker
Clark McDonald Aish
Johnson Brayshaw Young
Frederick Treacy Emmett
Walters Amiss Jackson
Darcy Fyfe Serong

Bench: Brodie O’Driscoll Simpson O’Meara
Sub: Banfield

Switta was a bit disappointing tonight, lots of side steps but seemed to lack penetration. I can’t see Tabs playing unless injuries strike.

Ryan Pearce Walker
Clark McDonald Aish
Johnson Brayshaw Young
Frederick Treacy Emmett
Walters Amiss Jackson
Darcy Fyfe Serong

Switta was a bit disappointing tonight, lots of side steps but seemed to lack penetration. I can’t see Tabs playing unless injuries strike.

Looks like Hughes will be playing.

We can't play fyfe, JOM and Brodie in the same side.

Jonno has one wing sowed up. Absolute gun.

Switta will play.

NOD okay tonight so will be interesting to see if Sharp or he gets the nod (pardon the pun).

Simpson is going to be unreal for us. Would love to see him play before JOM and Brodie

Ryan Pearce Walker
Clark McDonald Aish
Johnson Brayshaw Young
Frederick Treacy Emmett
Walters Amiss Jackson
Darcy Fyfe Serong

Good effort but I can't see Switta missing out on the team and would have him instead of Simpson. Sharp is likely to play, possibly instead of O'Driscoll. I agree about Emmett, with Simpson as the Sub:

Ryan Pearce Walker
Clark McDonald Aish
Johnson Brayshaw Young
Frederick Treacy Emmett
Walters Amiss Jackson
Darcy Fyfe Serong

Bench: Brodie Sharp Switta O’Meara
Sub: Simpson

Good effort but I can't see Switta missing out on the team and would have him instead of Simpson. Sharp is likely to play, possibly instead of O'Driscoll. I agree about Emmett, with Simpson as the Sub:

Ryan Pearce Walker
Clark McDonald Aish
Johnson Brayshaw Young
Frederick Treacy Emmett
Walters Amiss Jackson
Darcy Fyfe Serong

Bench: Brodie Sharp Switta O’Meara
Sub: Simpson
All preseasons I had Sharp in the side, maybe I’m reading too much into his non-selection in the first 4 quarters.

And if Simpson gets a game, I really hope they don’t make him debut as a sub.

I was getting dejavu watching Draper. It’s like Michael Johnson was out there again. Parts the seas. I was super critical of his WAFL form last year. He’s had a big preseason. He’s in my best 22, he was better than Macdonald and Hughes IMO.

Clark Pearce Ryan
Young Cox Walker
Brayshaw Serong Sharp
Frederick Treacy Walters
Emmett Amiss Jackson
Darcy Fyfe Brodie
Int: Aish Johnson Erasmus Draper
Sub: Switkowski

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was getting dejavu watching Draper. It’s like Michael Johnson was out there again. Parts the seas. I was super critical of his WAFL form last year. He’s had a big preseason. He’s in my best 22, he was better than Macdonald and Hughes IMO.

Clark Pearce Ryan
Young Cox Walker
Brayshaw Serong Sharp
Frederick Treacy Walters
Emmett Amiss Jackson
Darcy Fyfe Brodie
Int: Aish Johnson Erasmus Draper
Sub: Switkowski
Oh snap. Watching the lanky no 37 just striding through acres of space with all the time in the world before dropping a neat low pass to a target down the guts was probably the highlight of the game for me.
Well that & Fyfe looking like he’s playing against a bunch of kids at times.
The return of Nat is going to lift our midfield game hugely.

As long as he’s not playing terribly (which he hasn’t yet) JOM will always be in the 23. I personally think he’s somewhere between getting the vest and starting HFF if the game was to be played today. Sounds like he played a bit of wing in the sim..so that’s an option.

Speaking of if push comes to shove AB and JOM are seasoned enough to transition on the wing if need be. We have heaps of midfield bulls where there may be a dilemma that we have a overflow of inside mids who could take the “genuine” wingers spots. Those wingers are the like of Sharp, Noddy and the mid season recruit from last year..what’s his name 🤔.

Aish has already got the tap on the shoulder that he’s playing in the backline and Chappy needs to get his body right.
I agree with Jaeger Bomb. Either on a forward flank or bench.

Can have a 15-20 disposal game and kick a couple of goals

Simpson and Delean have it. Draper fast becoming an afl player.

Are you getting Delean confused with Stanley? I thought 46 was Delean after the commentators called him that, didn't even think about Stanley with his name never being called. But afterwards I realised Stanley was 46. Delean was 40, the one who kicked the ball out on the full from a set shot straight in front.

Are you getting Delean confused with Stanley? I thought 46 was Delean after the commentators called him that, didn't even think about Stanley with his name never being called. But afterwards I realised Stanley was 46. Delean was 40, the one who kicked the ball out on the full from a set shot straight in front.

I may have. Long hair blonde kid who had a wicked shimmy, good skills and was good overhead.

Well we started with this today didn't we:
Ryan McDonald Hughes
Clark Pearce Aish
O'Driscoll Serong Johnson
Switkowski Jackson Frederick
Treacy Amiss Walters
Darcy Brayshaw Fyfe

With the following the first off the bench:
Young, Emmett, O'Meara, Worner

I think that gives a good indication at our round 1 line up based on coach preference and player fitness. Obviously expect a couple of changed there too.

There was a passage of play, first or 2nd quarter where Alex Pearce was playing loose in front of the contest and a smaller player, maybe Hughes then Worner were manning a larger forward. The Eagles managed to kick over Pearce’s head each time and the forward won their contest. I don’t like this method of defense. I feel like Pearce needs to man the key forward, not play loose. I appreciate it doesn’t always go to plan, but the loose player if he’s in front of the contest might get bypassed. A guy with Pearces height and skills shouldn’t be the guy standing 60m from goal in front of the contest inside 50. Was only 1 passage of play, but I’ve seen it happen a lot during games. We seem to have an aim to keep Pearce free, I’d prefer Ryan, Clark, Cox being the interceptors.

Ryan Pearce Walker
Clark McDonald Aish
Johnson Brayshaw Young
Frederick Treacy Emmett
Walters Amiss Jackson
Darcy Fyfe Serong

No way all of Fyfe, OMeara and Brodie play.

Would choose Fyfe, Erasmus and Simpson. Brodie has serious doubt to play competitive AFL. His form/game isn’t there all of a sudden

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Rd 1 (you know: the first round after the opening round) team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back