Game Day Rd 10 2013 St Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing wrong with umpiring.

Horrible by Stanley.

Fergo showing what happens when you are upgraded from the rookie list on no real form

Corrected to reflect the full gravity of that decision.

Remember that North start very well in matches and then don't do so well after half time, especially in the last quarter.
So we are still a chance, sort of.

55 points to the Kangas, with Black kicking 4, in the first quarter.

I predicted 100 points. I was wrong. This is going to be 200, the way things are going.

Build your percentage, Kangas - please, have that on Scott. It's his present for you.

Melbourne would be in front of us if we were playing them
. I haven't seen such terrible play from the Saints in 10 years

This is the worst I've seen us play in a long time. Can't tap, can't get the clearances, can't defend, can't mark, can't find space, can't kick and to add insult to injury can't get a free kick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst quarter of St Kilda football that I can remember in a long time! North are too quick and desperate. We're not quick - Siposs, Ross especially so as they are the two that stood out for me.....but I'm sure there are others :(

Perce, Ledger would not make much difference to what is happening currently.....
Kipp, did I mention Ledger?

And are you suggesting playing a few clearance players would make things worse?

15 clearances to 6. That inevitably means they are going to have more inside fifties - and lo and behold, they do: 20 to 5.

You can keep telling me off for observing the inconvenient. Doesn't matter. It's still true.

Average team, shit structure, shit result...

Again, I'm sure Scott Watters and the boys know way more than I do, but I would have picked maybe one of Ledger or Curren, or maybe just more midfielders in general? Not that it WAS THE COMPLETELY OBVIOUS THING TO DO or anything, but maybe Scott should have considered it? I don't know... I guess they know more than I do.

Also I don't want to sound crazy but does anyone think we'd be better off with Neeld and Melbourne better off with Watters? We'll never know... Let's just hope Scott knows what he's doing.

That's disgusting.

No forward pressure so we can't keep it up there, but that doesn't matter, because there's:

No quick ball movement, we can't get the ball up forward, but that doesn't matter because there's:
No clearances, so we can't win the ball out of the center AND this DOES matter because there's:

No organisation in defence, so we can't chop off the marks.

That was the worst quarter of football St Kilda has played in over 10 years.
No help from the umpires despite several obvious ones (free kicks NM 7 SK 0) but we are just woeful ATM.

This is the worst I've seen us play in a long time. Can't tap, can't get the clearances, can't defend, can't mark, can't find space, can't kick and to add insult to injury can't get a free kick

Maybe they've done nothing to earn one.

If your only hope on forward entries is to play the Paddock or hold the ball up on the wing outside 50, you're;

a) going to get smashed the other way when new personnel come in, and
b) not teaching your young midfielders to run with the ball and hit leading targets.

Look at the difference in attacking quality compared to what we've seen from our own lot over the last 3 years.

Melbourne would be in front of us if we were playing them
. I haven't seen such terrible play from the Saints in 10 years
Exactly.

We are watching the steady dismantling of all the work of Grant Thomas and Ross Lyon; of Harvey, Gehrig, Hamill; of Riewoldt, Kosi, Dal Santo, Hayes, Montagna, Milne and all our greats for the last decade. We are witnessing our club being sent back to the 1980s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Rd 10 2013 St Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back