Game Day Rd 10 2013 St Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

That was the worst quarter of football St Kilda has played in over 10 years.
No help from the umpires despite several obvious ones (free kicks NM 7 SK 0) but we are just woeful ATM.
Bit hard to get a free when you're not first to the ball.

Something stinks, while we all were expecting a thrashing, this is another level. Just on pure competitiveness alone, the team from the first 6/7 rounds would destroy this one of the past 3 weeks.

Bit of a joke too that BigFooty posters could tell what was going to happen all week, but the coaches couldn't.

I'm going to be on the Ross Lyon band wagon with what I feel I need to say. I seen some talk this week about Eddy and McQualter which was quite negative. While true they had limited football ability and were very borderline being on any AFL list they were given their chance for doing the hard yards and the 1%ers.

That's always been the reason me personally have wanted Clint Jones in the team. Hes the one who can win some clearances, lay a tackle and do the grunt work.

He has been crucified under Watters and again our midfield looks a shambles. Is Montagna supposed to do it all by himself when he's more an outside player anyway.

So much wrong all over the ground with matchups and positioning. Our skills look substandard. Our stamina is poor. Our effort is getting worse every week.

I like listening to Watters talk. He's calm, cool and collected when he addresses the media. He's always positive. Unfortunately that's as good as it gets. He's an embarrassing match day coach.

Worst time to come up against North too. They'll be going for the throat right up until the very last second.

I'm feeling shades of Melbourne @ Geelong 3 years ago.

Maybe they've done nothing to earn one.
Over five minutes into the second quarter until we get our first. We've been terrible but to suggest Norf haven't infringed in all that time is ludicrous

Kipp, did I mention Ledger?

And are you suggesting playing a few clearance players would make things worse?

15 clearances to 6. That inevitably means they are going to have more inside fifties - and lo and behold, they do: 20 to 5.

You can keep telling me off for observing the inconvenient. Doesn't matter. It's still true.

You're taking my post all wrong. All I'm saying is exactly what I said. Ledger would not make a difference to how badly we are getting beaten all around the ground! Ledger is not that good IMO and he would not change what is currently happening!! You suggested in your previous post(s) that if Ledger/Curren had played things would be different. I am here to say that they would not!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those grand finals seem so far away today . The tide has turned I forgot what it was like to be like this .

Over five minutes into the second quarter until we get our first. We've been terrible but to suggest Norf haven't infringed in all that time is ludicrous

Nonsense. They've been running around with the footy, mostly unaccompanied. They haven't had much opportunity to infringe.

Melbourne are going alright against Hawthorn compared to this sh**.
Hawthorn aren't as desperate as North.

I think if we can keep it to sub/low 100s, that would be a win.

Also North have been stung by all the close games and the lead they gavc up last week. Unfortunate we met them after last week...it's a learning thing unfortunately and a lot of supporters aren't used to this as it has been a while!

Those grand finals seem so far away today . The tide has turned I forgot what it was like to be like this .

Being like this is normal for long-time fans. My sister and I both agreed the last 10 years were very abnormal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Rd 10 2013 St Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back