Game Day Rd 10 - Collingwood @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Concerned when JLo said we didn’t need to change our game too much cos of the wet… justifying the inside 50’s from last week

Well guess what JLo… ya wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WE LOST EVERY GAME LAST YEAR WHEN IT WAS WET. I THINK IT WAS SOMETHING LIKE 0-5.

NOW ITS 0-1 WITH A COMING LOSE.

JLO NEEDS TO WAKE UP TO HIMSELF IF HE SAID THAT.

This is an odd game. I would've liked the umps to be a bit more on the whistle with the hacking off the floor. Several times a Freo player had his head over the ball and it was hacked away dangerously. Would've cut some of it out.

They're hunting the ball and spreading really well, and we're just not clean. Outside of a couple of dumb**** moments though, the only area we're not connecting is i50.

The hope is they'll tire and we'll be able to press more, but really got to get one between the sticks or this'll be a long afternoon.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Because we play so dumb, overuse of the handball and short kicks. Pies are just surging it forward as long as they can, you know wet weather footy

And these pissy little kicks actually give them time time to set up back half

It feels like whoever we play against a team with good tall defenders, we fold, as we have Fck all forwards to worry them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fear we've been worked out. Teams are taking us apart easily now after a period where we looked impenetrable.
Gotta start bringing it back through the corridor or we're screwed. Take some chances.
Disappointing.

Biggest problem is that we are getting killed when the ball hits the deck. Collingwood are just cleaner and run away with it with ease.
Ground ball gets, we struggle to win the ball and get it forward cleanly, while suns last week and pies this week having no such trouble.

On a different note I feel like Darcy isnt giving us much this year?

Lol no shit, glad you've finally come around to the bleeding obvious.
Well I knew. I just assumed we change from last week. We didn’t. It’s literally identical. Only difference is we are winning the contested and clearances so there’s still hope.

Logue -29m in the wet.

We have absolutely no players who can create goals. Speed of ball movement can cover up the lack of forward talent. Sturt might be ‘an offensive only player’ JL but sometimes you actually need that in a player.

Stupid football in the conditions combined lack of forward talent and we have this as a result
This is the core issue. Lack of natural goal-kickers. Also lacking one-touch players which gets exacerbated to comical effect in the wet. Freddy is the worst culprit, but others poor too - Chapman, Colyer both far too fumbly

Tellingly, Walters and Banfield, two small forwards have had 9 disposals between them and moved the ball absolutely nowhere!!! 0 metres gained from 9 disposals!!! From forwards!!! What the **** are you doing Graham!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back