Autopsy Rd 12 Carlton vs Brisbane - Blues suffer winning faTeague

Who played well for the Blues in Round 12 vs the Lions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say, if they really wanted to "do it for Bolts" they had the last two matches to do that. Maybe they did it to spite him?
Unfortunately things don't go that way to the perfect script. Sometimes adversity has to happen in abundance for the change needed to actually happen. In football as in life. At the game when we got to that low point my mate and I agreed it seemed like what a waste it had been to sack the coach and find out it was never his fault. The players know they cost Bolts his job and they went and did something about it.
Bolts would have been smiling and cheering them after the siren where ever he is.
Thats my take.

Your welcome to yours.

Thank you brother ... I even had a collingwood supporter next to me singing the song and cheering on Crippa ... what are the odds of this happening and us winning ... now thatā€™s a multi ... :p

One of my daughters is a Collingwood member, as is her husband, They have one child...my youngest grandchild.. .a 3yo girl. My daughter sent me two small videos during this last week of this little girl sitting in her carseat and singing the Carlton song.. she knows all the words and loves the song. I just may have to re-write my will... this kid could easily become my favourite grandchild.

Must we really call out our own supporters?
There were stretchs of the game of the game where I'm sure that we were all concerned - I know I was.
We know Arrows perspective, if anything, I respect him more for sticking by his views rather than flipping the script just because we've got a win.

Not something I like to do, but come on, I mean after another loss, I can understand frustrations are high and people get into a back and forth argument in the autopsy threads.

But when we have a win like that, is it still necessary?

What are your insights from today? I enjoy your analytic.
We just finally put the pedal down, and backed our ability to move the ball with an extra number through midfield without focusing absolutely on a player behind the ball when things weren't going our way, nor exclusively picking out one of the tall forwards when transitioning up the wing.

We just picked a good target in our first 2-3 seconds with the ball, and if it was by hand or a shorter pass by foot, continued to support that in our area instead of disconnecting from it.

The energy saved by properly committing to these immediate tasks built up across quarters 2 & 3 allowed us to run out the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An open letter to Patrick, my Captain Cripps.

Please my Captain, please, stick with us .... I promise we will get you to where you want to go.

Just please do t leave us.

You are everything we aspire to. Everything we want to be. You embody what this game is about and we delight and feel warm due to your brilliance.

You are the shining light that will lead us out of the darkness .... today I saw what true leadership was. Today I saw the rebirth of the mighty Blues.

Trust in Cripps.

Amen.

Unfortunately things don't go that way to the perfect script. Sometimes adversity has to happen in abundance for the change needed to actually happen. In football as in life. At the game when we got to that low point my mate and I agreed it seemed like what a waste it had been to sack the coach and find out it was never his fault. The players know they cost Bolts his job and they went and did something about it.
Bolts would have been smiling and cheering them after the siren where ever he is.
Thats my take.

Your welcome to yours.
Agree B&B, no way did the boys do it to spite Bolts. They are made of better stuff than that. Bolts would be absolutely rapt for the team and the club today.

This this and this.

I think Bolton could have saved his career if he played Ed as a run with player. Too many times we've let a teams best midfielder run around by themselves.
I always was a Bolts defender, but I always wondered about this! That and playing Gibbons as our deepest forward when we have Charlie, McKay, and McGovern in the side.

Loved seeing players like Zach, Dow, and LOB play with more flair, confidence and freedom today too.

Not something I like to do, but come on, I mean after another loss, I can understand frustrations are high and people get into a back and forth argument in the autopsy threads.

But when we have a win like that, is it still necessary?

He's staunch in his views and his repeatedly acknowledged as much.
As it stands he's neither right or wrong, IMO that we won shouldn't cause a complete about-face for any of us, regardless of our perspective.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We just finally put the pedal down, and backed our ability to move the ball with an extra number through midfield without focusing absolutely on a player behind the ball when things weren't going our way, nor exclusively picking out one of the tall forwards when transitioning up the wing.

We just picked a good target in our first 2-3 seconds with the ball, and if it was by hand or a shorter pass by foot, continued to support that in our area instead of disconnecting from it.

The energy saved by properly committing to these immediate tasks built up across quarters 2 & 3 allowed us to run out the game.

Yes! I'm with you on this.

There was a lot less kicking back and trying to switch play.

Just on the eye test and without looking at the stats, it felt like we moved the ball by hand more often than usual, particularly after the first quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 12 Carlton vs Brisbane - Blues suffer winning faTeague

Back