Autopsy Rd 12 Carlton vs Brisbane - Blues suffer winning faTeague

Who played well for the Blues in Round 12 vs the Lions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm known to a few of you blokes around the place.

I would have preferred to celebrate a victory with you without the defeat of the MIGHTY LIONS :D

But, well done - Cripps is a machine, hang on to him at all costs....Kouta Mk II :D

All the best for the rest of the season guys, at least my second team won today lol :p

Was thinking after the game there’s about 14 other teams I would have preferred to beat, but beggars can’t be choosers.

As much as I loved Cripps game I didn't see it that way at all. We had many good players and all tried like mad and got better the more thay ran for each other.
No way in the world was it a one man effort.
Of course there are good performers each week but the reality is Cripps is our barometer our wins few and far between are all based off Kruezer getting it to Cripps for the clearance and ultimately setting up our goals .
The 3rd quarter we won basically every centre bounce clearance and dominated at stoppages largely via Cripps .
Our forward pressure was much better but without Cripps mammoth game today we simply don't win .

Of course there are good performers each week but the reality is Cripps is our barometer our wins few and far between are all based off Kruezer getting it to Cripps for the clearance and ultimately setting up our goals .
The 3rd quarter we won basically every centre bounce clearance and dominated at stoppages largely via Cripps .
Our forward pressure was much better but without Cripps mammoth game today we simply don't win .
That and besides the clearance work, he also kicked 4 goals, contributing a score more than the final margin.

When you have the likes of Setters and even Harry missing easyish shots, Cripps was total clutch today.

I watched today (almost didnt) and almost turned off when my baby girl head butted me and daisy gave up a soft 50 at the same time.

Stayed the course and glad I did, really proud of the boys.

was bloody happy for Weiters today. Thought he was sublime in holding our defence together. Has been good all year, deserves a good result as much as anyone.

Go blues..

What a game up the blue boys!! Talk about emotional roller coaster, first half was devastated intensity was evident but so many basic skill errors! But persistence, persistence paid off and it all started to come together beautifully! Crippa hats off to u mate, bloody fantastic game unbelievable speechless!! Special mention to weiters, cas, ed, Gibbo and O’Brien well done boys!! Let’s build from here boys.
I love winning!

Watched the game with the old man today who is a massive blue bagger since he was fresh off the boat from Sicily all those many years ago and Carlton been the only thing he could relate to at the time. Geeeee, watching game today with him even had me shed a tear at the end seeing him emotional.

So glad i went over for lunch today, and thanks for the cacciatore sausage dad :)

I freaking love Australian rules football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Levi ****en Casboult, another born again backman, ex forward.
Far more reliable in the backline than he ever was in a fwd role. Has the reach and those sticky mits. Good defensive pack punches.
His general play kicking has also been good. Hasn't had his colours lowered very much at all since go back. Not as vigorous as Jones, but a great depth option for us down back depending on match-ups. I was actually feeling quite confident when the pill was heading in his direction today.

Haven't read through the whole thread so no doubt I'm mirroring 100s of others, but that game from Crippa was the best I've seen from a player probably since Koutas (we all know the one )

Awe-inspiring
When he ran around those Lions and kicked that goal on the run (his third), I literally yelled out loud "OH **** OFF outta here Crippa! No way!"

That and besides the clearance work, he also kicked 4 goals, contributing a score more than the final margin.

When you have the likes of Setters and even Harry missing easyish shots, Cripps was total clutch today.
We had more better players today but almost every momentum shift in a game for us is dependant on the influence Cripps is having on the game if he's running hot we are in the quarter doing well if he is quiet in a quarter we have a poor quarter .
We are so reliant on Kruezers tap work and Cripps clearances its unhealthy and doesnt hold up because teams know break even against Cripps in centre bounces limit his clearance effectiveness and Carlton are done .

The one thing that stood out today as well was we actually ran the game out :)
No players dragging their feet to chase or lead to the ball.
Probably the 1st game I have seen for a long time that the boys looked like they could go a 5th quarter.
Better rotations maybe? not sure, but it was a very good sign.
Absolutely, apart from getting jumped early on and not getting value for effort the boys maintained their intensity, held momentum, rebuffed the Bears surges and finished off.

Had to counter the two Bris boys in the box. Which by the way should be illegal in commentary circles. As it clearly isn't, can we have two ex Carlton boys in the box against the Bulldogs. Dont know who theyd be though.
To be fair lynch and brown are reasonably impartial. I reckon big Jonno has a soft spot for the blues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 12 Carlton vs Brisbane - Blues suffer winning faTeague

Back