Autopsy Rd 12 Carlton vs Brisbane - Blues suffer winning faTeague

Who played well for the Blues in Round 12 vs the Lions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You were quick to deliver this message in the match thread:

You went too early with it because you didn't expect us to come back. Reason being, Bolts never turned a sh*t performance around like we saw today.

It's not solely on the coach, but he had to be held accountable. The club knew this. He was given so much time to show that things were on the way up and he just didn't deliver. Blame the players all you want, ultimately it is on the coach to get the best out of the players.
Bolts was never a main coach,i suspect he was a decoy planted by the board to just do the basics the first few years...
Bolts was just a coaching tape,he just kept repeating himself....zzz
forget Bolts....
SOS..has a list now...we see the coach soon

You were quick to deliver this message in the match thread:

You went too early with it because you didn't expect us to come back. Reason being, Bolts never turned a sh*t performance around like we saw today.

It's not solely on the coach, but he had to be held accountable. The club knew this. He was given so much time to show that things were on the way up and he just didn't deliver. Blame the players all you want, ultimately it is on the coach to get the best out of the players.
I was a Bolts defender until last week.
Due to work I don't get to attend every game but seeing the same things being exploited constantly with no fix. Watching our guys become helpless against an opponent.

Against the Saints and * we were in it at 3/4 time and failed to fire.

The coach isn't out there kicking the ball but mental conditioning is his job.

This week bolsters my belief he took on a job bigger than he was ready for and couldn't dig himself out.
Hope we back it up and go 2 for 2 from the doggies but today was symbolic of the players new found belief in the club and each other.

48th today so I cleared out the kids for some peace to watch the game.

At 40-3 and the possibility of a birthday ruined, I acknowledged I may be the problem so I got up, sacrificed my own game, and took my jinx with me and the kids for ice cream....got back and we were 56-47 in front....so I went out again as obviously my jinx sacrifice was being rewarded....came back and we'd won!!!

Nice present boys after a long and depressing week....hope we win the replay!!

Happy for the players, the club and the supporters, but can't help wondering as to how Bolton is feeling right now.

Anyway, great to see the unit gel together and for some of the current lesser lights in Gibbons & O'Brien to shine.

Also thought Marchbank showed some good signs today.

Just got in from the match.
Got this to say

We are the navy blues
We are the old dark navy blues
We're the team that never lets you down
We're the only team old Carlton knows
With all the champions
They like to send us
We'll keep our end up
And they will know that they've been playing
Against the famous old dark blues

Just got in from the match.
Got this to say

We are the navy blues
We are the old dark navy blues
We're the team that never lets you down
We're the only team old Carlton knows
With all the champions
They like to send us
We'll keep our end up
And they will know that they've been playing
Against the famous old dark blues
Front runner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOOHOOO WOOHOO, Finally a win and yes I cried as well. I am so proud of the team but why couldn't they do this before. I guess it is the coach, no matter how much they loved Bolts he just wasn't the person for the job. Can someone tell me who the coach is that looks quite young and wears glasses. I think the boys even love Teague a bit. Really like the way each player went up and gave him the love in their own way.

Go Blue boys
Emotional times to be sure! So glad the team responded the way they did today.

I am rapt for the Teaguemeister, but we can't get carried away just yet. A downtrodden team turning it on for a new coach is not a new phenomenon.

But if Teague coaches the boys to another 4-5 wins in the back half of the season though, it may be we have unearthed the coach we need, in our own back yard. Wouldn't that be marvellous?!
"Thank you for your interest in the position Misters Scott, Lyon, Voss, etc... but your services will not be required."

Just a shout out to Paddy Dow tonight. He was just a role player today and not in our best players, but just some acknowledgement of the hard work he's put in his first 18 months. He's been given an absolute baptism of fire. He and Andy Brayshaw, and now Sam Walsh have mixed it with the big bulls from day one. No easing in for them.

Hope he enjoys the win.

48th today so I cleared out the kids for some peace to watch the game.

At 40-3 and the possibility of a birthday ruined, I acknowledged I may be the problem so I got up, sacrificed my own game, and took my jinx with me and the kids for ice cream....got back and we were 56-47 in front....so I went out again as obviously my jinx sacrifice was being rewarded....came back and we'd won!!!

Nice present boys after a long and depressing week....hope we win the replay!!

We thank you for sacrificing your game today for the good of the team. :thumbsu::D

Last edited:
Happy for the players, the club and the supporters, but can't help wondering as to how Bolton is feeling right now.

Anyway, great to see the unit gel together and for some of the current lesser lights in Gibbons & O'Brien to shine.
Yes, I cringed at times during the commentary today when they made reference to the "3 years of pain" or whatever that the players felt released from, as if Bolts was a nasty dictator or something.

'Mens sana in corpore sano'
You should pray for a healthy mind in a healthy body.
Ask for a stout heart that has no fear of death,
and deems length of days the least of Nature's gifts
that can endure any kind of toil,
that knows neither wrath nor desire and thinks
the woes and hard labors of Hercules better than
the loves and banquets and downy cushions of Sardanapalus.
What I commend to you, you can give to yourself;
For assuredly, the only road to a life of peace is virtue.

Agree re: Marchbank too.

He was fantastic today, didn't even feel too worried when he was kicking either. Seemed like he actually preferred the faster style of game too.. which surprised me.

Also thought Marchbank showed some good signs today.

We have the talent and not just because we beat Brisbane today, but because we have the talent, albeit not all in sync with the development cycle.

Club had no choice but to quit Bolton and I'm glad they did.
Pressure released from the players, the executive and the supporters........and presto....a win.

We'll never know, but I wonder what the crowd would have been today had it have been 'business as usual'? Not 32K. Guaranteed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 12 Carlton vs Brisbane - Blues suffer winning faTeague

Back