Preview Rd 13 St Kilda v Geelong MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one hope that Scarlett lines up. Ultimately he's in the same bracket that Hudghton was in in that he will return and do a job, but the risk will be high that once again he'll twang a soft tissue and be underdone on second efforts, which can only benefit our forward line in the process, especially on a ay which by all accounts is going to be conductive to soft tissue injuries and corkies.

Can any cats fan enlighten if he's been back at training a while now, any VFL time or if he's effectively coming into the game "cold"?

As far as Raph goes, I wouldn't say so, he did it in round 12, 2 weeks for a hammy on a guy with a history of hammies is just not going to happen I would think.

does anyone know if raph will be available to play?

You'd think he would be doubtful given that he only did his hammy a week and a half ago. Not sure how serious Raph's was but normally hammies are about 3 weeks recovery minimum.

Not sure what's happening with Gram either, there was talk he might be back for this game but haven't heard anything about him. Would be a handy inclusion but like Riewoldt I would prefer him to be 100% fit before he returns.

Scarlett being included for Geelong is a bit of a blow for us given that he usually does pretty well on Kosi but he may be a bit underdone coming back from a long injury layoff which we can exploit.

Zac's back :

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-against-geelong/story-e6frf9jf-1225883719506

Personally I think we really need him as a suitable matchup for The-Former-VFL-Player-who-should-be-on-the-Saints-list (although probably tempered by the weather forecast which looks real ordinary).

i think that as incompetent as zac can be at times i think his inclusion could really help us.

if he can hold his own against a pods type player, like u suggested, itll be really helpful

it'll mean that fisher and co will be able to play there normal attacking game

on the other hand if he doesnt hold his own then their gamestyle will be compromised

I for one hope that Scarlett lines up. Ultimately he's in the same bracket that Hudghton was in in that he will return and do a job, but the risk will be high that once again he'll twang a soft tissue and be underdone on second efforts, which can only benefit our forward line in the process, especially on a ay which by all accounts is going to be conductive to soft tissue injuries and corkies.

Can any cats fan enlighten if he's been back at training a while now, any VFL time or if he's effectively coming into the game "cold"?

As far as Raph goes, I wouldn't say so, he did it in round 12, 2 weeks for a hammy on a guy with a history of hammies is just not going to happen I would think.

Scarlett did it at training the week of the round 11 game. Was more of a strain than a tear and he's been running since the week of the essendon game, so other than the usual risk of re-injury with hamstrings, he's by no means underdone.

Corey on the other hand, who's been out for over 2 months, would have been underdone, which is why I'm glad he's not playing.

ST KILDA v GEELONG CATS
St Kilda
B:
Steven Baker, Jason Blake, Sam Gilbert
HB: Jarryn Geary, Sam Fisher, James Gwilt
C: Brendon Goddard, Nick Dal Santo, Farren Ray
HF: Clinton Jones, Justin Koschitzke, Adam Schneider
F: Brett Peake, Ben McEvoy, Stephen Milne
Foll: Michael Gardiner, Lenny Hayes, Leigh Montagna
I/C: Robert Eddy, Jack Steven, Andrew McQualter, Rhys Stanley
Emg: Sean Dempster, Zac Dawson, Adam Pattison

In:
Steven
Out: Raphael Clarke (hamstring)

Geelong Cats
B:
Darren Milburn, Matthew Scarlett, Josh Hunt
HB:
Andrew Mackie, Harry Taylor, Corey Enright
C:
James Kelly, Cameron Ling, Jimmy Bartel
HF:
Mathew Stokes, James Podsiadly, Shannon Byrnes
F:
Travis Varcoe, Cameron Mooney, Steve Johnson
Foll:
Mark Blake, Gary Ablett, Joel Selwood
I/C:
David Wojcinski, Taylor Hunt, Trent West, Tom Lonergan
Emg:
Mitchell Duncan, Ryan Gamble, Simon Hogan

In:
Mooney, Scarlett
Out:
Paul Chapman (hamstring), Simon Hogan

Chapman out is a big boost to our chances. Not good for my DT side though, just traded him in last week would you believe.

Good to see Steven getting another run, I guess they decided to go with an extra small given that it's expected to be wet.

Interesting if it's wet and greasy as predicted at this stage, the Cats have gone for two talls and omitted 2 smalls. I guess Mooney and Scarlett are always going to play if available though.

I would rate Chapman as Geelong's most important player. Was Geelong's best player in the GF obviously and probably only behind Bartel in the Rnd 14 game.

I see Zac is an emergency as well as Dempster.

Really big chance for the likes of Steven, Stanley and Geary to lock in a spot here. A good performance against the Cats would be worth 2 against anyone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad to see Steven get a run and also happy to see Chappy out. Really hope we win this and I believe we can. Lot of Geelong supporters getting ahead of themselves and putting it down for a 5 goal+ win.

Fully expecting a tough contest.

Chappy out is a big blow. Scarlo back helps us immensley though.

Hope the rain stays away so we get a high class game.

Zac Dawson an emergency - interesting...

Picking for the conditions - don't mind that.

I would have been a bit worried about Jack being picked given the Collingwoooood game in the VFL was similar conditions (and he couldn't get a touch), but I guess it wasn't particularly flash down at Casey a couple of weeks ago (albeit more of a bog rather than wet & windy) and he had 25 touches.

Can't you blokes jab him up? It's only a hammy! :D

Given he won the Norm Smith with a hammy, yes.

But it's not worth the risk at this stage of the year.

to be honest i'm not that fussed if we actually win this one

i mean i'd be estatic if we did

but i'd be happy if we are competitive and really challange geelong

its only round 13, we've got riewoldt and a few others to come back and obviously dont want to peak too early

if we only beat geelong once this year i'd MUCH prefer it to be on grand final day
i totally agree, but if we do beat them, can u imagine how confident we would be playing them again with roo

Zac Dawson an emergency - interesting...
im glad zac isnt playing, i think lyon has realised we dont need zac, id prefer clarke(when fit)or even miles, if j.smith got fit we would have the best defence in the comp, my mate is a roos supporter, and says a fit smith is better the goddard

Cats by 5 goals - just think the events of the last week won't help saints and especially Milne. Hopefully weather holds and its a good game.

2010 GF preview!!

Cats by 5 goals - just think the events of the last week won't help saints and especially Milne.

I personally think they're nothing events, and we've been through a lot off field this year, and still come out strong.

2010 GF preview!!

You're actually writing off your own team, who are a legitimate chance at it themselves?

Well, that's your opinion, I guess

I personally think they're nothing events, and we've been through a lot off field this year, and still come out strong.

You're actually writing off your own team, who are a legitimate chance at it themselves?

Well, that's your opinion, I guess

Correct - I don't believe we can win it this year - Cats are so far ahead of everyone -its not funny. It's basically their's to lose - so much depth and so much class. Maybe we can all hope they have about 10 injuries and then its anyones!!

i totally agree, but if we do beat them, can u imagine how confident we would be playing them again with roo
Sure, but thats why they've dropped chapman.

Bomber is a weak dog who didnt want to have his best players in so they still have "improvement" in them no matter what the results.

He is a piss weak dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back