Preview Rd 13 St Kilda v Geelong MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it is going to be one of those rivarlies like West Coast Sydney was where it is just always going to be close. More likely now with the weather as well. Still finding it a bit tough to call. Feel Geelong will win but I can't really work out the thing I think will get them over the line. Probably a combination of having too many skillful small forwards, their midfield dominating at some point and their backline keeping us to like 6 or 7 goals.

Shame it's going to be wet but it might end up suiting us with the brand of football we play.

Going to be a night for the small forwards so Milney and Schneider will need to play a big part. Geelong have some pretty handy small forwards too although Chapman out is a big loss for them especially in wet conditions.

Hopefully it will be a great game despite the weather and we can come out on top. Will probably be close either way.

to these people saying that Geelong are deliberately dropping Chapman, surely teams value the 4 points more than that. They would have other reasons to say that there is still improvement, without dropping Chappy.

Chappy's hamstrings are notorious. Slightest twinge and he's out

Don't get me going on the Hamstrings Candyman;)

I actually am sure that Bomber Thompson has dropped Chapman for psychological reasons.

The Saints are clearly understrength, with Riewoldt and Gram out and also without our regular fullback. If the Saints were to win or even go close to winning, this could have a very dangerous psychological effect on the Geelong players. It is a very savvy Thompson who drops Chapman to counter this effect. Now without Thompson having to declare it, Geelong can be seen to be understrength as well. If they win, they did it without Chapman, if they lose, they were understrength too and will be getting boosted by the Norm Smith medallist returning for the GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit awkward timing (Just kicked into the man on the mark) but Gwilt has been awesome on Podsiadly.

I actually am sure that Bomber Thompson has dropped Chapman for psychological reasons.

The Saints are clearly understrength, with Riewoldt and Gram out and also without our regular fullback. If the Saints were to win or even go close to winning, this could have a very dangerous psychological effect on the Geelong players. It is a very savvy Thompson who drops Chapman to counter this effect. Now without Thompson having to declare it, Geelong can be seen to be understrength as well. If they win, they did it without Chapman, if they lose, they were understrength too and will be getting boosted by the Norm Smith medallist returning for the GF.

Get it K but at 3/4 time win or lose that has been nullified by the umpiring decisions critical ones being paid to Cats and not Saints. Also the deliberate dropping of the ball by the Cats and Selwoods head ducking has to be looked at by the AFL its just getting to far out of hand

I have to say the saints have mastered the worst style of play in football history !!
pity u can't master being a good loser mate. it was pissing it down what were u expecting, a shootout?

great performance by the saints, hopefully we can take confidence from that if we meet in finals. spewing we manage an effort like that in the wet now instead of last grand final but at least we've shown we can win outside etihad.

pity u can't master being a good loser mate. it was pissing it down what were u expecting, a shootout?

great performance by the saints, hopefully we can take confidence from that if we meet in finals. spewing we manage an effort like that in the wet now instead of last grand final but at least we've shown we can win outside etihad.

Not a bad game, even if it was a terrible spectacle.. in addition the umpires were far too involved. The final Milne decision comical. That ump will sit out next week for certain.

Regarding the GF comment, hard to compare the 2. Geelong's tackle count way down tonight as well as intensity especially. I think if the Saints played more offensively tonight they could have really won by a lot. Geelong only controlled one of the three quarters, lacked intensity big time in the midfield for 1st, 3rd and last quarters. Scarlett and Mooney lacking game form badly.

Not a bad one to lose as far as I'm concerned. I think 7 in a row for Geelong up until this loss. Go the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back