Preview Rd 14 2022 Richmond Vs Carlton MCG 7:20 Thursday 16th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may be missing their main 3 key defenders but they didn't have Sam Walsh last time, pretty massive IN for them. He's a gun anyway but against us is the exact sort of player that will run rings around us, he'll have 40+ touches and will seem like he is absolutely everywhere. We either need to tag him or just make him really earn it otherwise he'll generate too much ball for them which will make it really hard to stop their big forwards. Worried about what he'll do in conjunction with Cripps as well as probably some gobbies from the umpires.

We're definitely still a half-decent chance despite likely missing Dusty. Sucks though, we haven't been full strength since the 2020 GF and I was looking forward to seeing how we went with everyone finally fit. Not to be this week it seems, hopefully next week. The hard part about constantly picking up 1-2 injuries every week is that not only do we not have access to our best 22 (which we need more than most given the age profile and lack of good depth), we aren't being afforded the chance to figure out exactly what our best 22 is, we dunno if Edwards belongs in it anymore, we dunno which of the kids belongs once everyone else is back, etc. It's annoying.

Anyway with all of their outs, if we can't win then our best hope is a finish between 7th and 8th, and we're just gonna be making up the numbers you'd think.

What I really want, regardless of the result, is for Carlton to show a little humility...

I made a fair and affable post there after their game vs Essendon, just agreeing with someone else about how they should have shut the door sooner on the Bombers, then went on to say how we would likely need to be full strength to beat them despite their outs, and all the best. I then had a reply to my post and the bloke says something like "Diddums, you're upset cause you can't go with us anymore"

Read that again: "can't go with us anymore"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Go with them anymore? When have we needed to go with them?! Despite all of their top 5 draft picks, big money trade-ins, slogans like "They Know We're Coming", they couldn't go with us for eight whole years. The only reason they're even ahead of us now is because of yet more trade-ins (Cerra, Hewett) and the fact that we're still playing almost the exact same 22 blokes, but now they're all using walking frames to get around the field. They should be beating us by now the f c kwits.

Nice one Blues 🤣
Cerra out somewhat offsets the Walsh in who isnt playing to his 2021 level just yet.

u campaigners are pussies

blooze are rubbish, they have the easiest draw in the comp, getting sucked off severely by umps every week

with a draw like ours they are a 10th/14th side

without favourable umpiring they would be well outside the 8. umps have got them over the line in all their close wins

in round one we didnt have vlastuin or lambert and presita went down in the first quarter, jack broke his thumb in the first quarter and couldnt do anything, it was also carltoons grand final after not beating us for a decade and we still led in the last quarter by 20 something before umps guinea pigged us for the new dissent 50 rule

blooze are the druggies from last year, easy draw handed to them in hope that they will make the 8, but they also have umps throathing them every week too

if we play to 50% of what we're capable of we'll easily win this, even with the umpires throating them

blues are probably the stronger team at full strength, but we arent anywhere close to it
Don't mean to cause offence but you sound like a Pie fan circa the time Flynn Appleby got injured.

the crying is coming here and seeking sympathy from it. the equivalent of going home from school and telling your mum that someone teased you

anyway, youre favourites because youre still a bloody good team and despite dusty, have the healthiest list in the comp

blues are probably the stronger team at full strength, but we arent anywhere close to it
Perhaps fair enough, but on your board, the amount of "guess what I saw them say over on the Richmond board" was enough for me to want to also share my own experience with my fellow Tigers. Also I was just a bit miffed by the comment the bloke made, banter or not.

I don't feel like we have anything left to prove, it's not about being able to "go with" the Blues, it's whether or not the Blues can sustain being "better" than us now that they're primed (amount of talent + age profile) and now that we're a bit over the hill. Only time will tell on that.

Odd comment, either troll or clueless.

Weitering is incredible and is better than every player in the Tiges backline.
Pitto is our no.1 ruck and made your rucks his bitches in round 1.
Cerra is a great mid with elite disposal.

How you like them Applebys?
Definitely not trolling. Apologies my comment was Nothing to do with the specific players. Was just the tone of the post. I think it needs a hashtag #piesblueshaveinjuries

Odd comment, either troll or clueless.

Weitering is incredible and is better than every player in the Tiges backline.
Pitto is our no.1 ruck and made your rucks his bitches in round 1.
Cerra is a great mid with elite disposal.

How you like them Applebys?
Weitering is solid, certainly not proven himself incredible yet. He’s also not better than every player in our backline.

Weitering is solid, certainly not proven himself incredible yet. He’s also not better than every player in our backline.
has anyone seen cerra hit a target with that elite disposal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again looking forward to this game.

Feels like the 3 main factors are with the Tigers, healthy list, speed and height. Think it will be a cracking game

Will Lynch come in at the expense of Soldo? Personally I would keep the height advantage as you don't lack speed/runners
We have speed and runners and with your mids, I reckon we need more.

We have speed and runners and with your mids, I reckon we need more.

I don't think you need to add more speed/runners/agility to the centre square, when you can use Bolton, Baker, Edwards. You also have the likes of Rioli, McIntosh, Pickett on the outside but still win their own pill and then Balta

Adding more speed would improve that advantage, but staying tall would add to the advantage

Bombers are short people through the middle and spanked us at centre clearances because of that agility, but being a poor side, they couldn't trouble us due to poor structure/usage

I don't think you need to add more speed/runners/agility to the centre square, when you can use Bolton, Baker, Edwards. You also have the likes of Rioli, McIntosh, Pickett on the outside but still win their own pill and then Balta

Adding more speed would improve that advantage, but staying tall would add to the advantage

Bombers are short people through the middle and spanked us at centre clearances because of that agility, but being a poor side, they couldn't trouble us due to poor structure/usage
Hmmm good point, problem is, that extra tall you speak of, Soldo, is a liability and gets the ball 4 times a game

Just a tip for anyone talking to Carlton supporters

Whenever my Carlton supporting mate complains about Weitering being injured I like to remind him that good teams can lose the best defender in the comp for the season in round 1 and still win a flag and he stops talking.

Just a tip for anyone talking to Carlton supporters

Whenever my Carlton supporting mate complains about Weitering being injured I like to remind him that good teams can lose the best defender in the comp for the season in round 1 and still win a flag and he stops talking.

This comment needs to be sticky'd LOL

WTF? Dont do that.

Literally have no issues with opposition fans coming and having a discussion. When they're here just to stir the pot and criticise our posters for being fragile, though, I have a problem with that. You're fine with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back