Preview Rd 14 2022 Richmond Vs Carlton MCG 7:20 Thursday 16th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC
Twilight Zone Getting Weird GIF by MOODMAN
At the start of Round 14 in 2019 we were 9th. Guess where we are coming into Round 14 in 2022.

Just a tip for anyone talking to Carlton supporters

Whenever my Carlton supporting mate complains about Weitering being injured I like to remind him that good teams can lose the best defender in the comp for the season in round 1 and still win a flag and he stops talking.
actually we went back to back

You guys must be laughing now we've lost Marchbank to injury, another tall defender. Will struggle now to hold your key forwards. Only Young and Plowman, and maybe Kemp who is out of form, to come in and do the job for us against your forwards. A very tall order. (Pun intended)
Thought Young was one of their better players the other night.

Tougher this week, though

Not allowed to pump up oppo players on this board....or even rate them objectively :straining:

Yeah peak Grimes is up there but we haven't see that version for a couple of years.

WTF …. Grimes won the B&F last year. And he’s a different player to Weitering and May. Grimes kept Robbie Gray to 1 kick - May or Weitering can’t play on smalls. Grimes is the best defender in the competition as he can play on Charlie Cameron, Robbie Gray, Toby Greene, Bailey Fritsch or Buddy Franklin.

I’d take Weitering or May to play on the real big blokes like Hawkins or King, but anyone else I’m taking Grimes every day of the week. He should have 3x AA’s, not just 1. But he’s not flashy enough for the AA selectors… they prefer Darcy Byrne Jones or Bailey Dale types, who couldn’t defend a wet lettuce leaf.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Try and keep the big boys to under 2 goals each and the smalls quiet and that will go a long way to winning the game

The blues midfield worries me and if they get quality ball to there forwards no matter how good your defence is hard to stop.
That’s it exactly. I have faith in our defence, but worry about the ball rocketing in there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WTF …. Grimes won the B&F last year. And he’s a different player to Weitering and May. Grimes kept Robbie Gray to 1 kick - May or Weitering can’t play on smalls. Grimes is the best defender in the competition as he can play on Charlie Cameron, Robbie Gray, Toby Greene, Bailey Fritsch or Buddy Franklin.

I’d take Weitering or May to play on the real big blokes like Hawkins or King, but anyone else I’m taking Grimes every day of the week. He should have 3x AA’s, not just 1. But he’s not flashy enough for the AA selectors… they prefer Darcy Byrne Jones or Bailey Dale types, who couldn’t defend a wet lettuce leaf.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
tumblr_mnhcbr6r8Y1rp0vkjo1_400.gif

That's 6 of our best 22 (Pittonett, Cerra, Weitering, Marchbank, McGovern & Williams). Don't kid yourself.

It's interesting because its not your backline that has been the difference to your fortunes this season, or even your forwardline. The difference has been your midfield and, most notably, your gameplan. So even with those players out, it doesn't affect your fortunes anywhere near as much as if your inside ball winners were stricken.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Lynch and Jack are going to tear you a new one but we would win by far more if Walsh and Cripps went down rather than a few no name players in your backline.

Just saying...

That's 6 of our best 22 (Pittonett, Cerra, Weitering, Marchbank, McGovern & Williams). Don't kid yourself.
Cerra is an accumulator, solid player but not special yet. Pittonet an average ruck. McGovern and Williams disappointments. Marchbank, C'mon. Weitering I gave you, he'd get a game with us.

It's a persistent myth that the biggest noise in football was recorded at a Richmond versus GWS final at the MCG.

The reality is that bigger noises can be heard regularly, whenever Collingwood has injuries. But to their credit, the Bluebaggers have had enough and now shout "Hold my Italian coffee, we have injuries too!"

Shouldn't underestimate an injured blues outfit. Our weakness comes from midfield letting it run through to the forwards. Their mid and forward line is strong.

If we can break even in centre clearance and tidy up disposal then we are in a good position. If their midfield get on top, their depleted backline won't have to worry too much.

My changes would be Lynch in for Soldo
M. Rioli in For Dusty

if Dusty doesn't come up.

Those are the changes I would make with Martin not really playing much midfield anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back