Game Day Rd 17 - Freo vs Carlton @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freddy, Erasmus, Hughes, Walker have given zero. We would have been much better with Wilson, Brodie, Sturt. Hughes in particular just not up to it. takes far too long to make a decision and then his option is cut off. same with walker. 5 second lapses cost us at least 3 so far.

Easy fix for me is bring up walters and Switkowski true crumbing players to rove Darcy in the middle who is on record rucking pace and move the lives of Henry,omera etc forward simple fix
You want dwarfs vs giants..don't think it will end well

Have been arguing here for week with all the optimists that these guys are nowhere near good enough. People are ignoring the evidence hitting us straight in the face every single weekend.
The problem is we have even bigger issues in midfield.
And I don’t care if we come back and somehow win this game. Papering over cracks is all it would be
But we’ve seen them be good enough in the past. Not denying they’re cashing in tickets from previous performances, but each of them have had superb games. Where’s the effort from Freddie like when he ran down Balta last year, or bust a guy to chase down Richards in the final against the Doggies.

Ethan Hughes kick the ball within 5 seconds Challenge (Impossible)

I'm expecting a better second half performance after JL gives the team an absolute affirmative, positive “footy is the winner today boys just have some fun” talk…

Only 2 out of 17 first quarters won and one of those was Essendon where we down with 2 minutes to go. Only Essendons inaccuracy let us win that one
Why has this not been addressed.
Ball comes out of stoppage in the loose - one docker player is running after the ball with three Carlton players. Forward line contest one docker and carton player on floor that ended in a stoppage - I counted one docker and five carlton players around them in support.
Too many spectators at the coalface and when we do get the ball we fill our pants.

Freddy, Erasmus, Hughes, Walker have given zero. We would have been much better with Wilson, Brodie, Sturt. Hughes in particular just not up to it. takes far too long to make a decision and then his option is cut off. same with walker. 5 second lapses cost us at least 3 so far.
Johnson hasn't been much better. He has been given more opportunity than Erasmus to play at the level.

Surely Longmuir isn’t instructing them to play such predictable one dimensional football.
Make some change to style and we can definitely win. Carlton aren’t very good
They're making us look crap ATM.

People keep saying this about Hughes but Ryan is twice as bad. Great intercept mark and doesn't get called out because of it but is the slowest ball I've ever seen play AFL let alone those that play currently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But we’ve seen them be good enough in the past. Not denying they’re cashing in tickets from previous performances, but each of them have had superb games. Where’s the effort from Freddie like when he ran down Balta last year, or bust a guy to chase down Richards in the final against the Doggies.
That’s the difference between average players and decent ones. Consistency. Those types are suitable for bottom 6 clubs, which is exactly what we are

Johnson hasn't been much better. He has been given more opportunity than Erasmus to play at the level.
I've been watching Walker closely , 1 kick and he kicked out on the full , team mates won't pass to him as he is just wanting a cheap 15m kick . He'
s a wafl player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back