Game Day Rd 17 Nmfc v Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty pumped to be on the train on the way in to a Top 8 defining clash... don't think many would have thought we'd be on the way to one of these this season so enjoy it.

Having said that we haven't beat the Swans at Etihad since '07? Can't believe we are faves.

The repeated occurences of Concussion symptoms for Jacobs is super worrying.

As bad as it is for our season, we need to sit him out for a month, Health comes before the team.
Delayed concussion symptoms dont need time in general. You can have them for a week, a month or even a few months but then one day they just disappear.

Nothing can be done, you just need to wait for that day.

They are very scary though. When I had them(they lasted 8 days) every morning I woke up the room was spinning a million miles an hour for 10-15 seconds. I would literally grip my mattress and hold on for dear life. Short term memory was shot for a few days too. I would walk to part of house and not know why lol

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Chadwiko your source re BBB playing is from?

bUNiBy.gif

Delayed concussion symptoms dont need time in general. You can have them for a week, a month or even a few months but then one day they just disappear.

They are very scary though. When I had them(they lasted 8 days) every morning I woke up the room was spinning a million miles an hour for 10-15 seconds. I would literally grip my mattress and hold on for dear life. Short term memory was shot for a few days too. I would walk to part of house and not know why lol

Of course, but by leaving him out for an extended period we minimise the chance of reoccurence.

He came back in a few days after he thought he was fine, next minute he's back out with reoccurence of symptoms

Pretty sure I've been concussed the last 20 years then.

In all seriousness though, we just don't know enough about the brain and concussion. Shit situation.

Just wondering how many more times the Ben Brown is a late change rumour is going to go around before everyone realises it's bullshit?

You saying he's a definite out then?

Of course, but by leaving him out for an extended period we minimise the chance of reoccurence.

He came back in a few days after he thought he was fine, next minute he's back out with reoccurence of symptoms
Ok, yeah 100%.

It's his/club docs call from here. Just bad luck he copped that knock last week late but I'm glad we are erring on the side of caution with him because it is a scary thing to go through...

I think we will lose today. I think with Jack and McVeigh out will benefit the Swans. They slow their midfield down. Hanners also has been average so I think they break even with their ins. Grundy as a late out hurts them.

Our forward line is decimated and I feared that Grundy would have had a field day so that's a relief. However I have a had feeling about this as I think their pace is going to worry us.

Swans by 17 points

BJ super unlucky, playing super footy and something else comes up and interrupts his season. Health is paramount if it takes weeks it takes weeks glad the club are being very careful with this one.

Big opportunity for LDU, crack in like he did in the vfl last week and he’ll be fine.

BBB becomes even more important with Grundy out, big games from BBB and JZ and we’ll win this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy is a massive out for them. He would have played on Brown.

In an interview this week Brown said Rampe has played on him before. They’ll be using their defenders to block his run and basically just jump into him in marking contests. Aliir is a chance as well but they don’t have anyone who can go with him and stop him. It’ll be a team defence. I hope Clarksons meeting with Gill will be in the umps minds today

Jacobs out leaves our midfield lacking a ton defensively.

Hopefully we're not punished too much for it, because Sydney are going to be able to walk the ball out of the middle with Cunnington, Ahern and LDU applying defensive pressure.

Need a huge effort from Goldstein to keep us competitive in the middle today.

I think we will lose today. I think with Jack and McVeigh out will benefit the Swans. They slow their midfield down. Hanners also has been average so I think they break even with their ins. Grundy as a late out hurts them.

Our forward line is decimated and I feared that Grundy would have had a field day so that's a relief. However I have a had feeling about this as I think their pace is going to worry us.

Swans by 17 points

Make no mistake, McVeigh out is a massive boon for us. He dismantled us in Etihad last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand the pessimism, I still think we're a chance. Sydneys outs are a shitload bigger than ours. At worst we have a weaker forward line and somewhat weaker defensive midfield (depending on how LDU fares I guess), but Sydneys lost players all across the ground on top of Grundy being a late out.

Expect big games from Atley & Brown today.

NM members who give away their seats to opposition should have their membership taken away for 5 years min! Swans supporters in Barry Cable GA bay!
I’ve tried tweeting for NM and Etihad on Twitter. But if they have tickets can’t do much, eh? Just win the game and rub it in. Hope when they are losing they go home early!

Jeezuz....how many injuries you had? Remind me never to cross train lines with you.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back