Preview RD.2 Gold Coast Suns v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harden up princess.
Hows your 33 point prediction going?:rolleyes:
Don't post here mate if it is going to be shit like that.:thumbsdown: If that is how some of the Carlton supporters were acting, then it is a disgrace. This was a new side, playing some of the most talented youngsters in the country, and they could only play to their current level, which clearly isn't good enough. Enjoy your reality check against Collingwood next week, I'll certainly have a good laugh.

Don't post here mate if it is going to be shit like that.:thumbsdown: If that is how some of the Carlton supporters were acting, then it is a disgrace. This was a new side, playing some of the most talented youngsters in the country, and they could only play to their current level, which clearly isn't good enough. Enjoy your reality check against Collingwood next week, I'll certainly have a good laugh.
Another sensitive little petal.
If you go to footy park you will hear 10 times more abuse than what was said at the gabba.
Idiots are always going to yell stuff out at the footy,why should a new club be exempt.
Anyway,go back to the bay and troll because your opinion is irrelevant.

Harden up princess.
Hows your 33 point prediction going?:rolleyes:

Unveiling the the flag against your mob will be oh so much sweeter this Friday night. Gold Coast will learn a lot from Carlton, having a lot of No. 1 draft picks in your side does not guarentee success.

I certainly hope my supporters dont act in the same way. I must admit not as if Carlton has had much success recently so a big win was something for their fans to be excited about

..usually new afl teams are mostly men with some kids thrown in.. ..GC is kids, with a few men.. ..unfortunately, not a few good men.. ..brennan and harbrow are gonna wanna improve their playing attitude or bluey's gonna rip 'em a new one.. ..fraser will try hard, but games passed him by.. ..and Bock's playing for his pension.. ..GAblett's underdone and will need to hunt his own ball more [shift balance more to his inside game], Harris is an honest hard working foot-soldier and exactly the kinda senior player GC needs.. ..very good get for them..

..some good kids obviously, will take a few seasons to become AFL hardened.. ..skills are there, footysmarts will shine once they're comfortable with the tempo.. ..but takes a few pre-seasons to get the gut running and core body strength to genuinely compete one on one..

..will be more competitive later on vs bottom 8 teams, but some teams will seriously monster them.. ..expect the Pies to terrorise and aim for a huge percentage boost.. ..or conversely, rest a star player or two vs them..

Unveiling the the flag against your mob will be oh so much sweeter this Friday night. Gold Coast will learn a lot from Carlton, having a lot of No. 1 draft picks in your side does not guarentee success.

I certainly hope my supporters dont act in the same way. I must admit not as if Carlton has had much success recently so a big win was something for their fans to be excited about
You are right,draft picks mean nothing if you don't use them properly.
I think the gold coast have been smart with their recruting.The more games they get into them the better they will be.

Another sensitive little petal.
If you go to footy park you will hear 10 times more abuse than what was said at the gabba.

The difference being that it will all be directed toward Nathan Bock. :D

Oh well guys,

can pull glimpses of brilliance out of that minefield! and they will grow into a strong footy club, none of these Vic teams can say they have supported their teams from the VERY beginning!

Having just watched the Hawthorn Melbourne match, I'm actually wondering if we played the worst quarter of footy on the w/e.
That 19 shots to 2 3rd quarter nearly made us look competitive!

Well glad that one's out of the way. Wasn't expecting that scoreline but at quarter time I decided to do what any right-thinking supporter would when you get blown off the park early and get drunk - made the evening much more enjoyable :D

Was very happy with the crowd figure and the crowd were remarkably upbeat despite the pounding. Good to see so many people decked out in club colours and like my new scarf :)

The umpiring was pretty ordinary.

Unfortunately we weren't able to do what we had to and put pressure on them from the get go, and my worst fears were realized when they got hold of us in the midfield.

Very disappointed with most of our senior players efforts although a few looked underdone.

Happy with the efforts of Dixon, Smith, Toy (he won't be a sub next week), Swallow, McKenzie, Bennell and Matera.

After spending years watching the Bears cop thrashings much worse than that with much more experienced sides, I know this journey will be very sweet when we do start to taste success as our players mature as individuals and as a team.

Just to highlight how far it is possible to come in less than four years, check this score out below:

Round 16, 22 July 2007 at the Gabba -

Brisbane 25 13 163
Carlton 6 10 46

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't know where to post this but I just made this picture while I was bored.

gcsuns.png

Right click, view image.

Also made this video earlier today, not sure if some of you want to watch it :p But in case you missed the game
[youtube]RnlYStJKR68[/youtube]

..will be more competitive later on vs bottom 8 teams, but some teams will seriously monster them.. ..expect the Pies to terrorise and aim for a huge percentage boost.. ..or conversely, rest a star player or two vs them..

Carlton looked sharp from the start.
With game won by quarter time, they didn't exactly put the cue in the rack but another team would've put on 200 pts clear.
GC won't get murdered by Bulldogs or Dees or Port, but Bombers will be looking to make a statement in Rd 6, and Lions in Rd 7.
STBO I know. :eek:

Just to let you know... I liked the look of some of your kids on Saturday. In a couple of years once they have some serious pre-season work put into them, they will be awesome but at the moment, you are too young and inexperienced and will get hammered a few more times this year.

I look forward to seeing you guys in a couple of years taking it up to the likes of Carlton and Collingwood who will probably be the only two teams to hand you true spankings this year.

Just to let you know... I liked the look of some of your kids on Saturday. In a couple of years once they have some serious pre-season work put into them, they will be awesome but at the moment, you are too young and inexperienced and will get hammered a few more times this year.

I look forward to seeing you guys in a couple of years taking it up to the likes of Carlton and Collingwood who will probably be the only two teams to hand you true spankings this year.
Well yes Carlton, because that's all they do, beat truly terrible teams then get ripped apart by teams that are even just remotely better than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back