Autopsy Rd 20 Blues never threatened in encouraging win

Who played well for the Blues in Rd 20 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought he was okay?? Nothing to write home about. Hope he gets the rest of the year to make a fist of it but I just don’t see it with him. Happy to be proven wrong.

(hate being somewhat negative after a brilliant win)
First game back, 21 disposals at 81% efficiency is massive. Will be a player just hasn’t been used correctly.

Trying to think who’d be taking votes off him, and we’ve won 8 games........H??
H, Dow the last couple of weeks might be up there. Not many opposition players taking points off him either I reckon.

A massive pre-season coming up for a few players. LOB, Dow, Martin, Williams and McGovern all need to get super fit. Hopefully they follow the example of Walsh and Ed.
Charlie needs to stay away from skateboards, surf boards, paddle boards, basketball courts etc. Take up fishing for the summer. A fit and strong Charlie makes a massive difference to our side.
Owies, Honey and anyone else who will be played as small forward need to spend the summer with Eddie. Eddie has a lot to teach, hopefully they are willing to learn.

He needs to be quicker with his decision making. Gets caught with it a lot but he has been good since coming back in and playing higher up the ground.
Playing as a high half back flanker. Will be interesting to see what happens when Williams gets back into the side.

More impact easily. Ruckman are extremely overrated. Especially tap outs. Around the ground is where they are key. JSOS jumps to negate and is then another midfielder.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Just like Kreuzer used to do... once he was done trying to win the ruck contest, he turned into a 200cm midfielder.

Fear has been drummed into me via how we had been picking our structure and midfield for last couple of years.
Ironically , after so many out with injuries , this was most balanced side we put on field in terms of structure apart from ruck, which more by bad luck with injuries to rucks.
I going to keep fearing what going to happen in ruck until we get someone tall enough there to fill in for next bit of time.
Jones is tallest option fit to go there if TDK out again.
Fingers crossed TDK not seriously injured and can play next week.
All our rucks are down, unfortunately injuries have cruelled our tall options, the balancing act was helped with C Curnow in even if rusty. Imagine if no CC and Jsos rucking. They would have just cramped Big H. Esp with TDK down. Think they delayed sub when TDK was injured to see if Jsos could hold off center clearance dominance and balance TDK's injury risk to how Jsos went. Once Jsos was rolling they subbed.

JSOS is decepitvely strong too. I'd agree he's probably in the right shape, good balance of core strength but not too much bulk to slow him down given he's not a natural speedster.

All our rucks are down, unfortunately injuries have cruelled our tall options, the balancing act was helped with C Curnow in even if rusty. Imagine if no CC and Jsos rucking. They would have just cramped Big H. Esp with TDK down. Think they delayed sub when TDK was injured to see if Jsos could hold off center clearance dominance and balance TDK's injury risk to how Jsos went. Once Jsos was rolling they subbed.
you're not supposed to win a game where you've lost the hitouts by 60 odd............

The most enjoyable part of the night was Charlie getting through unscathed, for sure. I've never felt so nervous about a comeback and every contest made me tense - I'm not sure that feeling will ever pass with Charlie, tbh. He's such a likeable character but can also have such a say in how successful we become.

I made a slightly tongue-in-check comment in the pre-game thread about whether we'd see him go for a roost and shank it off the in-step as he was prone to do pre-injury! We got it with one of his 6 kicks! I think I'm happy that nothing's changed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think they delayed sub when TDK was injured to see if Jsos could hold off center clearance dominance and balance TDK's injury risk to how Jsos went. Once Jsos was rolling they subbed.
Agreed, but look at Jack hobbling into change rooms after the game. They going to get him more injured if he has to keep doing this. Really think they need to call on Liam Jones to do a lot more of rucking if TDK is out. Otherwise we going to lose Jack to injury too.

JSOS is decepitvely strong too. I'd agree he's probably in the right shape, good balance of core strength but not too much bulk to slow him down given he's not a natural speedster.
strong hips and gangly arms. Height is reach and he genitically has reach. Im 5'8 with an arm spread of 6'3. How many times I could come in from side or opponents thought I had gone to far under to mark was huge. he is deceptively tall as was sos

Na seems in the right shape. Maybe shoulders more than arms but hard to do with dodgy shoulders. Arms are overated. Give me core and shoulder strength over biceps.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Yep bit Charlie’s body shape is a bit top heavy a lot of chest and arms hard to leap with th
Traps, deltoids, and triceps along with your core and lower abs. Great for wrestling your opponent out of the way when you're both fighting for front spot.
biceps are overrated glam muscle

strong hips and gangly arms. Height is reach and he genitically has reach. Im 5'8 with an arm spread of 6'3. How many times I could come in from side or opponents thought I had gone to far under to mark was huge. he is deceptively tall as was sos
Ideal is short legs long arms look at Carey low centre of gravity for agility long arms for marking

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 20 Blues never threatened in encouraging win

Back