Game Day Rd 20 Roos v Cats Hobart 1.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commentators are right that we are killing ourselves with forward entry

We are absolutely destroying them out of the middle. If we could hit a target inside 50 you could flip the scores and they’d be more reflective of play.

You are a bunch of weak campaigners. There was nothing wrong with the kick from RHJ.

It needed a forward to lead to the ball.

Lockett leads to that, Dunstall leads to that, Longmire leads to that, Ben Brown leads to that.

Larkey is a full forward. Play like it.

I mean…. Yep

terrible inside 50 kicking, cats defence over rated we just can’t execute to our advantage at all.

Anyone else reckon Sam Landsberger and Todd Goldstein could be related?

We should be smashing these pretenders.

Shit umpiring. Let’s forget the actual rules when it’s Geelong jumper and the amount of times we have torched it under no pressure.

They are ****ing shit and are only in the game because we have butchered it 95% of the time.

Geez that was frustrating, so many opportunities, that came to nothing.
Feeling rather cranky tbh, which means I feel we can win this. Just tidy up 50% of our fwd entries and we'll be fine. Back line all things considered is holding up very well.

So many non HTB against us again. Glimpses of our DNA on show. We just need to to remove dumb acts that give away 3-4 goals a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Half-time thoughts with a delicious sandwich in my belly.
  • Skills and decisions keep letting us down.
  • Turnovers especially are the difference. Too many turnovers leading directly to Geelong goals.
  • LDU and Sheezel our best users with the ball in hand by far.
  • Bailey Scott had a nightmare quarter.
  • I love Chom and he provides a great contest so this isn't a criticism, but I'd like to see him get the ball more than 4 times in a half of footy.
  • Dylan Stephens, Tom Powell, Will Phillips, and Darcy Tucker all with some soul-crushing mistakes/turnovers.
  • Wardlaw is a bull in a china shop.
  • Zurhaar doing pretty good after a quiet game last week.
  • Larkey very frustrating.
  • Simpkin been pretty good but needs to get more of it.
  • Jackson Archer has heart you cannot measure.
  • Will Phillips made some mistakes when he had the ball, but like the job he's doing on Dangerfield who has only touched it 7 times and been largely ineffectual. Good tackles.

he's looked a lot better than last week. that passage on the wing was really good, not his fault nick larkey is allergic to leading up at he ball
BS

There were already 2 v 1 to Geelong on Larkey ahead of the ball.

Hansen’s as useless as a mouthless dog in a frisbee contests !

Good boy Jackson
I have faith in the future, him sheez and Wardlaw, even if they are playing rubbish, just do though things that make you think we are in safe hands
Corr looks done so I wouldn’t be surprised to see the sub at half time.
Came out of the rooms before half time so could come back

You are a bunch of weak campaigners. There was nothing wrong with the kick from RHJ.

It needed a forward to lead to the ball.

Lockett leads to that, Dunstall leads to that, Longmire leads to that, Ben Brown leads to that.

Larkey is a full forward. Play like it.
larkey never plays in front, every time looking for a cheap one out the back. how far does he think RHJ can kick it. did the same thing against gold coast when testy lowered his eyes for 15m pass and he was playing behind his man FFS!!!!

Playing out the back was actually the right move. Hansen needed to kick it longer than 27 metres.
FG there is no way Hansen was ever making that kick under that kind of presssure.
They always fall short. Was poor reading of the play by Larkey considering for the whole 2nd quarter the balls been falling short as Geelongs pressure increased around the contest.

Last edited:
time for Comben to play back for the quarter and bring on Duursma. Cats might be in front but they dont look that good and we can go up a few levels if we can overcome the fumbling. We'll win this.

Is it windy at the ground?

I like him. A bit more intensity on the chase and tackle and we might have a player.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Played some good defensive stuff at half back but our fwd structures are crap for a potential crumber, got to get teakle into the game, have him sit off geelongs tall intercepters to give another option rather than bombing it on koedagni or stewerts heads.

that own goal changed the momentum
Yeah, Phillips chucked that up big time!
Again LDU. He just can't kick goals. Very ineffective by foot today.
Clearly you and others haven’t noticed he’s an average kick full stop. Yes, he’s great at getting it and evading tackles, but he’s kicking is not up to standard at all, never has been.

Umpiring non-calls have been terrible.

We look a bit cooked out there.

Jy is having a howler.

LDU everywhere.

Wardlaw trying but out of touch.

Sheeze brilliant.

Phillips is bringing the physicality: 3 huge tackles.

Powell really poor. Bad kicking, no position. Stinker so far.

RHJ played a decent second quarter.

If only Larkey would lead to the ball…

Handball looked slick.

X doing his thing.

Curtis playing well.

Chom decent.

Stephenson decent in defence.

Stephens great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad