Game Day Rd 20 Roos v Cats Hobart 1.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LDU 99 inside 50s so far this year, 8 goal assists. He is tracking worse than Ziebell, Polec or Gibson did at their worst.

Edit: Actually think his I50s have resulted in more goals against us than for us.

Coaching staff can't allow him to just keep turning it over in the corridor like that.

Respectfully disagree. When you have a 1 on 1 against your defender, and you've got the oppo interceptor 20 metres in front of you with his back to the ball, you have to lead at the ball carrier to a space where it takes the interceptor out of the contest and you instead have a 1 on 1. Lead to the pocket, lead to the corridor...

But Larkey did none of that. He wasn't even looking at RHJ when the kick came, and was caught flat footed.

That's on Larkey 100%. Not RHJ.

View attachment 2060361

Or lead to the fat side where there is space and less reliance on a centimetre perfect kick and you can keep possession. Larkey is always making contests and then looking at the umpire after he exaggerates contact, rather than just playing the team first percentages.

Guaranteed if he leads at the ball carrier another player runs in behind into space…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

LDU is a gun but isn’t as damaging as he could be. If he starts getting full value for his possessions for the brilliance of how he gets them he will be the equal of anyone in the comp.
His ability to cause maximum havoc requires a few others to be going with him, links up well but if a quick pass isnt available his quick step is wasted to a degree.

Respectfully I disagree taz. The replay's pretty clear for mine, Larkey has basically the entire 50 to himself over the top. Hansen could have done anything but mung it and we probably end up with a goal.
Normally I’d agree with you FG but Bobby doesn’t have the kind of kick in him.
LDU or Harry, yeh no issues. But Bobby is never kicking it more than 40 metres at best running full tilt.

LDU 99 inside 50s so far this year, 8 goal assists. He is tracking worse than Ziebell, Polec or Gibson did at their worst.

Edit: Actually think his I50s have resulted in more goals against us than for us.

Coaching staff can't allow him to just keep turning it over in the corridor like that.

Bit hard when your forwards lead in your opposite direction. Passing to Ben Brown or Petrie would have been a breeze as they present and you can’t miss them. Larkey only runs to the goal square.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s been a frustrating performance so far, but going off this thread, I get the impression most of our nuffies attend the games rather than watching on tv and posting in here.

FG there is no way Hansen was ever making that kick under that kind of presssure.
They always fall short. Was poor reading of the play by Larkey considering for the whole 2nd quarter the balls been falling short as Geelongs pressure increased around the contest.
Yep. Larkey has to bloody well lead to the ball. You are 2m and 95kgs. Be stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back