Review Rd 22 Review - Freo Do Enough to Win over WC

Remove this Banner Ad

That's interesting, all depends on your perspective I guess as I went to a few games (Including a derby) and never once felt unsafe.

I get that the nuances of the sports are different and the game flows a different way ect, there would still be room for more crowd involvement IMO (after goals especially).

FFS you can barely get a Freo chant going these days
You need a group of like minded supporters in the same area.

Footy gentrification. The boozed-up yobbos have been priced out.
Heading to the 2015 PF when there was a group of dudes on the train knocking off beers from a couple of 6 packs under the seat I knew it was going to be an interesting night.

Heading to the 2015 PF when there was a group of dudes on the train knocking off beers from a couple of 6 packs under the seat I knew it was going to be an interesting night.
Yeah some idiots gave the freo fans a bad look that night.

I get we lost and everyone was gutted but there was no excuse for some of the behaviour that night from some clowns at the game.

Mate. Infiltrate the cheer squad and blow it up from the inside.. they are wet flannels..
I would be there with you if I lived in Perth.
Our crowd used to be the best, I think we are only above gold coast and gws now.
We suck ..
It’s true and I hate it
Majority only cheer for goals or boo umpire calls

FFS take a leaf out of Collingwoods book
They know how to lift their team

I think a very big portion of the crowd aren’t footy people , it’s just entertainment for them .
Or they are so old and broken they don’t know how to cheer anymore

I don’t know what it is but it sucks

When the voice is there it’s bloody loud , it’s just too selective.

End of rant
Carn dockers !!!

It’s true and I hate it
Majority only cheer for goals or boo umpire calls

FFS take a leaf out of Collingwoods book
They know how to lift their team

I think a very big portion of the crowd aren’t footy people , it’s just entertainment for them .

When the voice is there it’s bloody loud , it’s just too selective.

End of rant
Carn dockers !!!
We need Jeff farmer back.. he used to lift us.😊

Probably because gen Z have so much access to entertainment that football fanatics are going to become less common over time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably because gen Z have so much access to entertainment that football fanatics are going to become less common over time.
It’s true
My 2 teenagers love and play footy but aren’t too fussed if they miss a game of AFL .
Always distracted on their devices when they do watch .
In saying that though It’s actually quite encouraging that there are a lot of young crew at the games and they are pretty vocal.
It’s more the old farts that shit me and there are a lot of them , they barely say anything other than to whinge about the umpires or comment how bad we are playing.
Maybe it’s just my mum and all the old farts in the block where we sit 😆
I don’t think the cheer squad is as good as it used to be .
No songs
No chants
Not much banners and flags .

It could be worse , we could be GWS or Gold Coast , that’s just sad .

Generally not one for being polemical on these boards, but there's so much horse sh*t being spewed over these last couple of pages, I can't restrain myself.

There was PLENTY of cheering and chants on Sat. No idea what game you were at not to notice it. Maybe your hearing is going in your old age? Were you not caught up in the Mundy chant ringing around the stadium in the fourth?

I concede that crowd wasn't the most vocal it could possibly have been, and it has certainly been more vocal before, not just way back "in the good ol' days" of Subi, but also routinely in the years since (even, sometimes especially, in the half-filled stadiums of the low years and 2020). But as others have pointed out, 17 behinds against a barely WAFL quality side is hardly fuel to fire enthusiastic celebration and fanatic screaming.

Then we get an argument that so many spectators are fickle and hard-to-please because of too much entertainment presented alongside calls for stupid sing-a-longs and other distractions from what's happening on the ground, because ... why? the game isn't enough entertainment for you?

And — seeing as I've gone this far, outed myself as a crank and set myself up to earn a thumbs down or ten — I might as well add this: all you Mexican wave instigators and supporters just feck off please! I've paid good money to come watch my team play football, not to see you bouncing up in front of me when nothing specific on the field has happened to warrant it.

THe noise was at the stadium.
I was there, it was noisy, very noisy.
Some people may need hearing aids I think.
Must have set up the mics where the noise was. Heard a couple of half chants n the 4th quarter.
From the freo 50m line, front of the top stand..
To many nannas and freagles 😭

Generally not one for being polemical on these boards, but there's so much horse sh*t being spewed over these last couple of pages, I can't restrain myself.

There was PLENTY of cheering and chants on Sat. No idea what game you were at not to notice it. Maybe your hearing is going in your old age? Were you not caught up in the Mundy chant ringing around the stadium in the fourth?

I concede that crowd wasn't the most vocal it could possibly have been, and it has certainly been more vocal before, not just way back "in the good ol' days" of Subi, but also routinely in the years since (even, sometimes especially, in the half-filled stadiums of the low years and 2020). But as others have pointed out, 17 behinds against a barely WAFL quality side is hardly fuel to fire enthusiastic celebration and fanatic screaming.

Then we get an argument that so many spectators are fickle and hard-to-please because of too much entertainment presented alongside calls for stupid sing-a-longs and other distractions from what's happening on the ground, because ... why? the game isn't enough entertainment for you?

And — seeing as I've gone this far, outed myself as a crank and set myself up to earn a thumbs down or ten — I might as well add this: all you Mexican wave instigators and supporters just feck off please! I've paid good money to come watch my team play football, not to see you bouncing up in front of me when nothing specific on the field has happened to warrant it.

Curb Your Enthusiasm Jewish GIF

Love a good Mexican wave

Party Wave GIF by MotoGP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back