Preview Rd 23 Coll v Freo - Prematch Discussion - DaVe 86's Preview post 103 - Teams post 151

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, anyone who has seen the team sheets, Ben Johnson is named at Centre Half Forward.

10 years too late mick. :thumbsu: :D :p

Yep saw that. It's not to late for Johnno to make CHF his spot.

With Dawesy still not 100%, Johnno has put his hand up to be the focal point. The only downsides I see, is his lack of height, weight and his contested marking ability.

His run and carry off the HF line should result in a few goals from him.

The big question is: Does McPharlin go to Johnno or Cloke?

Dawes almost certain to start sub.
Don't fool yourself, this is the worst Docker lineup in many years.

No it isn't wtf? It's considerably more experienced than the reserves team we sent down to Launceston last year for example. The talent is there, but the confidence is completely sapped right now.

Having said that it's still very average and we'll end up getting smashed, I just hope they show more determination and grit than last week.

Will be interesting to see how JA performs and what kind of treatment he gets from the boys.. no hard feelings as far as I can tell..
hope he goes well personally..

Let's hope that the Troglodyte JA gets his ass handed to him, and the whole night Taz just laughs at his piss weak efforts.

So with Ball, Shaw & Wellers certain to be back next week or week 1 of finals, who comes out for them?

In: Ball, Wellers, Shaw
Out: Young, Sinclair & Blair

Maxwell is out of calculations for the time being....:thumbsu:

Mattys123, Ben Johnson is a Victorian. Our WA boys are Davis, Krakouer, O'Brien and Wellingham followed by Dick, Toovey, Fasolo, Ugle & Perham.

No it isn't wtf? It's considerably more experienced than the reserves team we sent down to Launceston last year for example. The talent is there, but the confidence is completely sapped right now.

Having said that it's still very average and we'll end up getting smashed, I just hope they show more determination and grit than last week.

the big difference between that game last year & tomorrow night is that last year it was a deliberate tactic, everyone knew why, and those given a chance did at least try. this time we have the leftovers, the walking wounded, a few tryers, some lacking full fitness - a recipe for disaster.

traditionally ive thought the pies werent a team wanting to smack the opposition into oblivion (unlike the cats) but i truly fear this could be a massacre of epic proportions this week. the margins against the roos & power could well be small in comparison.

Mattys123, Ben Johnson is a Victorian. Our WA boys are Davis, Krakouer, O'Brien and Wellingham followed by Dick, Toovey, Fasolo, Ugle & Perham.
Yeah, shouldn't have put BJ in there, he's a good old Preston boy, he bleeds black and white, and always has.:)

Sidey will get sub.. only because he's played every game so far iirc and could do with a bit of a rest, but we'll need him next week against Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the big difference between that game last year & tomorrow night is that last year it was a deliberate tactic, everyone knew why, and those given a chance did at least try. this time we have the leftovers, the walking wounded, a few tryers, some lacking full fitness - a recipe for disaster.

traditionally ive thought the pies werent a team wanting to smack the opposition into oblivion (unlike the cats) but i truly fear this could be a massacre of epic proportions this week. the margins against the roos & power could well be small in comparison.

...so you'd agree it's a better team then? Appriciate the concern and effort involved in your post though :thumbsu:

EDIT As per usual, we'll close this thread as Matty's Matchday thread is open.

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back