Preview Rd 23 Coll v Freo - Prematch Discussion - DaVe 86's Preview post 103 - Teams post 151

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rd 23 v Fremantle - Prematch Selection & Discussion

First time I've ever ventured onto the Collingwood board this

As much as I may dislike Collingwood (being from Victoria and all), I've the horrible feeling that Freo black humour is going to get Freo fans through Friday night.

As unconvincing as Collingwood were last week, I still firmly believe that they are odds on to win the flag cause they are that good.

Collingwood to win by 120 is my tip

Welcome afl08!

We'll have to see the teams named, but if you're guys injury toll is as bad as people are saying, it might be a tough night at the office for your boys.

May also depend on who if any, we rest, but TBH our boys may go close to full strength available to have a dress rehearsal.

Harvey's been criticised for putting the cue in the rack for the final three games of the roster, so that may breed a counterreaction from the players on his behalf, who knows.

Black humour may though, be the best coping mechanism if it gets nasty!! :)

Re: Rd 23 Coll v Freo - Prematch Discussion - DaVe 86's Preview post 103

Krakouer and davis left yesterday as they have family over there, maybe wellingham went too.

So....
Outs: Keeffe, Sinclair, Young, Buckley
INS: Dawes, Davis, Krak, Johnson

but if J-Mac is travelling maybe he'll b sub again?
I would like to see young or Sinclair b the sub.

Wood will b emergency held over. I think J-mac is too.

Good point Falcon, very good point on Cloke.

jennifer witham (writes about Collingwood for AFL) tweeted that Cloke was not seen at the airport...

jennifer witham (writes about Collingwood for AFL) tweeted that Cloke was not seen at the airport...

Add to that her article

Alan Didak, Scott Pendlebury, Steele Sidebottom, Dayne Beams, Dane Swan, John McCarthy, Harry O'Brien, Dale Thomas, Tyson Goldsack, Darren Jolly, Leigh Brown and backup ruckman Cameron Wood were among those who made the trip west.

Of note was Wood on the flight.

You'd think Jolly and Wood would be the rucks allowing Dawes and Brown to play key forward posts.

Pies fans might correct me - but I couldn't imagine you playing all 5 talls in the same side.

Thanks for that big78sam, but hopefully he may have been on a different flight or something, if he truly wasn't with the main group.
A few others came over on earlier flights.

He looked and sounded fresh and keen to play when he appeared on On The Couch, on Monday.

It would be ideal for him to play alongside Dawes, who sounds like will be playing this week, to re-establish their cohesion and overall structure, so close to finals now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Add to that her article

Of note was Wood on the flight.

You'd think Jolly and Wood would be the rucks allowing Dawes and Brown to play key forward posts.

Pies fans might correct me - but I couldn't imagine you playing all 5 talls in the same side.

Cloke would be the perfect player to rest if this is the case.

Throw Dawesy into the thick of it.

Give Wood majority of time in the ruck to make sure he is ready just incase he is called upon come finals.

Jolly and Brown can rotate through Full forward

100% cloke was at the airport..... got him to sign my jumper....

how you go with that bradles - get everyone you wanted ?

BTW as the game is in perth, and no reserves, we are all stuck with nuffin to do.

give us the address of the party and we'll all come over and sing the club song foe her - that'd be nice huh ?

how you go with that bradles - get everyone you wanted ?

BTW as the game is in perth, and no reserves, we are all stuck with nuffin to do.

give us the address of the party and we'll all come over and sing the club song foe her - that'd be nice huh ?
all good mate... got 18 signatures including buckley

all good mate... got 18 signatures including buckley

Yeah, well done mate, glad the boys came through!

Teams should be out anytime...as usual we'll edit the thread title to flag the post...but if the person puts the Pies team only for speed, if you could edit in the Freo team for completeness that'd be great.

Here we go;

http://twitter.com/#!/afl_pkeane

AFL_PKeane Patrick Keane

Frem v Coll; Bradley, Schammer, Duffield, Faulks, Anthony, Lower, Pearce in for Pavlich, McPhee, Mundy, Ballantyne, Silvagni, Pitt, Grover.

And for us;

AFL_PKeane Patrick Keane

Coll v Frem; Davis, B Johnson, Krakouer, Dawes in for Ball, Buckley, McCarthy, Keeffe.

http://twitter.com/#!/afl_pkeane

That only leaves Ball, Wellingham and Maxwell out of our best 22.

Bally deserves a rest too, but Dawesy is back, so all's sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back