AFLW Rd 3 Sydney Vs Richmond, 14/09 12:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Greiser needs to.nail those.
Be happy for her to nail any, to be honest. Nealy every kick comes off her boot with awkward rotation - she needs to practice the space between ball drop to boot.

Last edited:

Kelly, McKenzie, Sheerin have all been huge
Sheerin is a clearance machine. This made a difference with her back in today, Mackenzie and Sheerin in this year makes our midfield so much more formidable. The Swans have some good top end players like us but it was a strong team effort winning greater % of one on ones. We also worked hard to get a number to contest. Some strong contested players across the ground in Yassir, Hosking, Ford, Lynch, McLelland, and in the air Seymour, Graham, Miller. Shevlin and Demps were good on the wings.

Sheerin is a clearance machine. This made a difference with her back in today, Mackenzie and Sheerin in this year makes our midfield so much more formidable. The Swans have some good top end players like us but it was a strong team effort winning greater % of one on ones. We also worked hard to get a number to contest. Some strong contested players across the ground in Yassir, Hosking, Ford, Lynch, McLelland, and in the air Seymour, Graham, Miller. Shevlin and Demps were good on the wings.
The thing with Sheerin is she a magnificent exploiter of opportunity. It's her first effort in the contest that is superior to every other player, whether it's using her power through the hips, unbalancing an opponent early in the contest, or using an angle to create separation, she is intuitively exploitative.

Kelly running riot in the Ruck, gives us Seymour as an attacking back, and Ferg can now do anything he wants with Sheerin. He must get so happy thinking about it at times. ;)

I was critical of Egan's game last week but one thing i noticed today she handballed less. Last week she had double the amount of handballs which more times than not went astray.

She got pinned a few times but id rather that than handballing to no one.
Egan also had double the meterage today by kicking more with 232 mtrs gained compared to 122 last week which was a real positive.

I was critical of Egan's game last week but one thing i noticed today she handballed less. Last week she had double the amount of handballs which more times than not went astray.

She got pinned a few times but id rather that than handballing to no one.
Egan also had double the meterage today by kicking more with 232 mtrs gained compared to 122 last week which was a real positive.
Egan is an extractor, it's her thing. It's a tough gig, at any level. I'm more than happy to cop her handballing, I just wish she would get the ball up and out a bit higher to help her team mates be cleaner. Her kicking, for the most part, creates chaos.

Egan is an extractor, it's her thing. It's a tough gig, at any level. I'm more than happy to cop her handballing, I just wish she would get the ball up and out a bit higher to help her team mates be cleaner. Her kicking, for the most part, creates chaos.

What I mean by I'd rather her be caught is in a contested situation. Don't just handball blindly hold it in. It's either gonna be another ball up or you're going to get pinned but if she's free I'd rather her just kick down the line for distance (rather than those loopy handballs), to minimise the risk of it going the other way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tess , shevs and sheerin with Ellie Mc in middle with Moncon , good things should happen
How did fordy go , reckon we might have a player there
Really good. Played as a small pressure forward and she made the most of it when she had it and got the rewards kicking 2 goals and also had a goal assist. Her pressure was great, fierce competitor inc a couple of great tackles leading to turnover inside 30m.

Watched the highlights Tessa and sheerin massive additions, hope we can keep the squad together this year , reckon we could go alright

If Grieser can start believing and bully her oppo a bit more we would be really difficult to deal with.
Does seem a quick thinker.

How good is the Lynch tackle? Might be the best in the team.

Just hope we stay healthy 🤞

If Grieser can start believing and bully her oppo a bit more we would be really difficult to deal with.
Does seem a quick thinker.

How good is the Lynch tackle? Might be the best in the team.

Just hope we stay healthy 🤞

We were really spoilt with Wakefield. Vice like hands and a beautiful kick. If she had been 5 years younger we would be talking about her as an AFLW great.

Greiser unfortunately cops the comparison. As you point out she can be clever and she can kick some freak goals.

Gets out bodied a bit more than I would like. Fix that and she’d be pretty potent against any 2nd string defender.

It was a good win. Dominated a side we should have given their outs.

Last edited:
Much better game today by the girl's. Great game from Poppy, Gabby, Sheerin & Ellie, also real good games from Lynch, Ford, Brennan, Shevlin & Hosking. The really good news is we are not relying on Conti, which can only be good when she hits top form.
Well for the first time on our W existence I don’t think Moncon would be leading the bf ,,,Ellie Mc I’d say right now

I would agree along with Poppy Kelly.
Yea she’s been terrific taken a giant step forward . Great seeing sheerin back such a good player, good thing about her , Tessa and shevs they all kick it a mile . Big game looms v an improved blues outfit , will be very telling where we’re at

Best bit about the past 2 weeks is winning without relying on Conti to be BOG. If Ellie stays fit would imagine at least one of her and MonCon get of the leash each week, hard for the oppo to stop both. Also good that we haven't had to throw KB into the middle yet this year when we are struggling
Props to Poppy Kelly for her start to the season, I thought she was miles of it in previous seasons. Happy to eat my words.
Love the nasty/white line fever Beth Lynch has in her game.

Best bit about the past 2 weeks is winning without relying on Conti to be BOG. If Ellie stays fit would imagine at least one of her and MonCon get of the leash each week, hard for the oppo to stop both. Also good that we haven't had to throw KB into the middle yet this year when we are struggling
Props to Poppy Kelly for her start to the season, I thought she was miles of it in previous seasons. Happy to eat my words.
Love the nasty/white line fever Beth Lynch has in her game.

I hope we never see KB in the midfield again. Primarily because she isn't a very good midfielder.

Agree with Poppy. She has done a ton of work preseason and it shows.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Rd 3 Sydney Vs Richmond, 14/09 12:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back