Autopsy Rd 4 v Brisbane - Game Discussion and Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Mitchell Calf injury puts him in doubt tomorrow, which means if he doesn't get up we don't have to play the Hawks in Mitchell's 250th, a rare week without playing a team with a big milestone :D

What the hell . Another one wtf get ******

Grigg has been a regular since we got him from Carlton, and has done quite well overall in Jack Dyer medal finishes, so there's got to be a reason for that. He has been down on form so far this year, but on thursday he was quite good. His run was important. He didn't have a tackle, but last year was fairly high up in our tackle numbers, so I wouldn't judge him on one game on that. There's no need to call him names like "spud" or "dud".

In general, I can't believe the level of disgust and vitriol aimed at both our team, and at specific players, who are OUR players, on this board. It is like a feeding frenzy sometimes.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grigg has been a regular since we got him from Carlton, and has done quite well overall in Jack Dyer medal finishes, so there's got to be a reason for that. He has been down on form so far this year, but on thursday he was quite good. His run was important. He didn't have a tackle, but last year was fairly high up in our tackle numbers, so I wouldn't judge him on one game on that. There's no need to call him names like "spud" or "dud".

In general, I can't believe the level of disgust and vitriol aimed at both our team, and at specific players, who are OUR players, on this board. It is like a feeding frenzy sometimes.
The fact he has got regular games and got votes in the JD is what frustrates most people .
His output doesn't warrant a guaranteed spot nor votes.
He was woeful on Thursday night, his continual lack of willingness to take the game on, or tackle, is a serious concern and why he shouldn't be in a AFL side.

Last edited:
The fact he has got regular games and got votes in the JD is what frustrates most people .
His output doesn't warrant a guaranteed spot nor votes.
He was woeful on Thursday night, his continual lack of willingness to take the game on, or tackle, is a serious concern and why he shouldn't be in a AFL side.

Just on JD votes... Our system rewards consistency over quality. Play every game and you are going to poll well. Jackson won the B&F and got about 3 votes in the brownlow, well behind Cotchin. The last guy to win under such circumstances was Daffy, and we changed the voting system the following year.

I would prefer a 5-4-3-2-1 voting system. It's a Best and Fairest, not most consistent award.

Just on JD votes... Our system rewards consistency over quality. Play every game and you are going to poll well. Jackson won the B&F and got about 3 votes in the brownlow, well behind Cotchin. The last guy to win under such circumstances was Daffy, and we changed the voting system the following year.

I would prefer a 5-4-3-2-1 voting system. It's a Best and Fairest, not most consistent award.

Our JD voting system is based on a players performance against their potential, somewhat similar to how players are being accessed on their value for recruitment.
It would also appear how selection is wrongly IMO also being conducted.

I think I understand and I would say we need a couple with the speed of Cyril and Hill... plus Lids, I think I just drooled on my keyboard...:oops::D

I was just thinking that the other day. If hardwick is trying to model our team/play on hawthorn, as popular belief seems to indicate, we really really need a couple of quick outside ball carriers. Hawthorn have hill, smith and rioli. Where are ours?

I was just thinking that the other day. If hardwick is trying to model our team/play on hawthorn, as popular belief seems to indicate, we really really need a couple of quick outside ball carriers. Hawthorn have hill, smith and rioli. Where are ours?
Ours is playing at port

Finally getting to watch it.

First quarter best:
Jack, Arnot, Lloyd, Conca, Jackson

Tried hard but been a bit sloppy:
Grimes, Cotchin, Petterd, Houli

Hasn't been down back much so hard to rate Astbury and Vlastuin. Which is silly because Vlastuin would be good further up the ground. Hampson needs to wear gloves when it's damp.

Second quarter.

Vlastuin has been really good at times but then completely rubbish at others. Probably in our best for the quarter. Titch has been largely ineffectual. Hampsons tap work is good. Morris has been really bad. Grigg making me angry. Chaplin looking better but he probably has an easy match up. Gonna be good when Rance is back.

Disposal overall is pretty poor, either missing targets completely, releasing too early or too late. They're just not running their lines.

Martin is an interesting one. Looks dangerous and applying good pressure but you wish he could get a hold of it more or be more accurate at goal. I guess half the time it's a case of "what the hell are you doing?", seems a bit lost.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Rd 4 v Brisbane - Game Discussion and Changes for Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back