AFLW Rd 5, North vs Richmond 29/09 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

i know the conditions weren't great, but we can't keep playing reid

she was a high draft pick but we gotta just let it go, lacks coordination and urgency which is especially vital in the aflw

1 touch for the whole game, surely literally any other player would've had at least an equal impact if not more

she was a high draft pick but we gotta just let it go, lacks coordination and urgency which is especially vital in the aflw

1 touch for the whole game, surely literally any other player would've had at least an equal impact if not more
if we had Katie instead of Stella, we almost win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sadly you're right, no impact whatsoever, at least Ryan looked like having a crack
Bacon and Ford now gone past her
looks so slow, speed wise and footy nous

Graham is the biggest liability in the team playing the most important position. She costs us plenty of goals
Don't agree, today was ordinary conditions for the best (except Conti), but she has been better than most, at times. Has courage.

Last edited:
I think North were a touch better than us and deserved to win, but it was certainly umpire assisted in the 3rd term.
Fair summation. Our hands were just not as good across the whole team (Conti excluded). Wet weather often shows this up, and today was no exception. It is our kicking and run that has us in most contests - our skills by hand are bottom 4, and not just because of today. Mostly it's about concentration.

Last edited:

I'm not happy to put myself in the same boat as a certain knocker on here, but yeah, Reid is not getting any better. Look at her gait today! Anytime she was near a contest - it was terrible - like being on eggshells. So awkward.

Thought she might find her groove after a so-so season at Port VFLW lasy year, because she can read play and kick OK. She needs a running coach, and fast! If she had an actual affliction, then good on her getting this far, but if not, she needs some help.

Fair summation. Our hands were just not as good across the whole team (Conti excluded). Wet weather often shows this up, and today was no exception. It is our kicking and run that has us in most contests - our skills by hand are bottom 4, and not just because of today.

fair call Phar Ace, regarding our skills by hand are bottom 4 (Conti excluded).
seeing the rain bucket down at the start of the game, i thought we wouldn't kick enough goals to win (Brennan & Shevlin out)
North was always going to have enough shots on goal, I50's weren't out of control

Sheerin to Garner was a great move, but a pretty obvious one, kept her in check until the last Q
Dallaway on Riddell worked fairly well also
Conti doing what she wanted was a bit of a surprise, thought she'd get a hard tag
McKenzie had a non-impact game, which was a shame

but all in all, was a decent game which if dry could've been much worse score wise
Backline and midfield stuck to the task, fwdline was always going to be a problem

I'm not happy to put myself in the same boat as a certain knocker on here, but yeah, Reid is not getting any better. Look at her gait today! Anytime she was near a contest - it was terrible - like being on eggshells. So awkward.

Thought she might find her groove after a so-so season at Port VFLW lasy year, because she can read play and kick OK. She needs a running coach, and fast! If she had an actual affliction, then good on her getting this far, but if not, she needs some help.

yep the highlighted is the main problem for her
Reid seems a lovely young lady, but i wish she had some mongrel about her like Yassir

not sure any more about her making it long term like Molan couldn't
maybe like Molan, Reid's just a good VFLW player?

yep the highlighted is the main problem for her
Reid seems a lovely young lady, but i wish she had some mongrel about her like Yassir

not sure any more about her making it long term like Molan couldn't
maybe like Molan, Reid's just a good VFLW player?
We lost Cont Poss by nearly 30, they are a more exp team but I think it should be a focus going forward.
Players that can win their own ball or win 1v1. We’ve got a few more than last year with Ellie back, McKenzie and Poppy playing well.

I can’t see Reid winning a 1v1 against Bacon, Ryan, Mckenzie. Actually it’s only a ground ball against Poppy or a mark against Dempsey and those are both maybes.

We need to find a mobile marking fwd.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Rd 5, North vs Richmond 29/09 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back