Remove this Banner Ad

I really think they need to throw more money at the AFLW
Venues for broadcasting, Tier 2-3 players

At the moment
2 players on 72 thou. Tier 1
6 players on 55 thou. Tier 2
6 players on. 47.3 thou. Tier 3

Everyone else on 39 thou Tier 4

That’s why Wardlaw is at Saints and Toogood chose Essendon.

Maybe if there’s another 100thou on offer in the cap, (2 more Tier 2 or higher rate for the 6) players can spend more time working on their game and it could improve the whole industry.
Those look like the 2022 S7 numbers.

Here's the latest CBA:
aflwcba20232027.png

yeah the Tier system is in because the AFL pays the players wages, not the clubs
sooner the Tier system is stopped the better, maybe make the clubs pay 40-50% wages

maybe bump up the bottom 30% players wages so they can work on footy a lot more
slowly but surely it's getting there, but it'll take baby steps
I think we might be surprised how much, other than Wages, that it costs to run various comps. I know 2 AFLW players who received $10k grants to move closer to training grounds near the city, saving them perhaps 45-60mins each way, each day. Small potatoes, but across a comp of nearly 600 players, it adds up.....

Those look like the 2022 S7 numbers.

Here's the latest CBA:
View attachment 2128120

Some are pushing to increase list sizes due to some clubs having massive injury lists but the above numbers highlight how difficult its going to be to get that over the line.

if we increase club list by just two spots that's another $1.2m the AFL has to fork out in player payments next year assuming the extra 2 will fall into Tier 4 and there is no change to the number of players in the other tiers.

I think they'll just stick to the top up player system.

Montana from what I could make of her highlights looked to be that mobile tall that could take a grab and also get involved , much diff to greiser
She is having a better year and using that bulk to advantage now
As we know talent is still fairly thin in W ranks
We have a decent share , I think if everything went right we could have a fair. Crack at NM
Kb and shev a must and def don’t play Luke too , she must be a spare only

I have my doubts on Montana as a key forward. 30ish games for Adelaide for one goal. It's not like Adelaide didn't have a spot in their forward line with Ashleigh Woodland (Saint) leaving for Port at the end of 2022

I think she was recruited because we had a glaring hole in our ruck area and this hole has pretty much disappeared between seasons with Poppy improving out of sight. I really don't think anyone expected Poppy to get to where she is now and I think she took on Montana's recruitment as a personal challenge. Hope she can keep it up.

I've said before, rucks very very rarely make the transition to a key forward.

Bonny Toogood was the one in my opinion, when she went to Essendon, oh well. Let's see how Grieser develops I suppose, she is still young.

It's not like the Club is not out there trying. There are players on our list we are yet to see. Some things never go as planned or hoped - recruited aged 22, now aged 24:
Richmond used its only selection (pick No. 24) in the AFLW Season Eight Supplementary Draft to recruit Castlemaine key forward Shelby Knoll. A prominent goalkicker, Knoll booted 52 goals in 16 games in Castlemaine’s 2022 premiership side. Knoll was set to spend the 2023 season at VFLW club Casey Demons before the Tigers elevated her straight into the AFLW. Unfortunately, Knoll suffered an ACL injury during the 2023 season, which has also made her inactive for all of 2024. The 23-year-old is yet to feature at AFLW level.

Imogen Brown could deliver some midfield speed and link up work:
Brown joined the Club as a replacement player from the Sydney Swans Academy and VFLW team following Katelyn Cox’s season-ending knee injury in July. Brown averaged 13.5 disposals per game this year while playing for the Swans at VFLW level, catching the eye with her speed, running ability, and link-up play. The dasher also averaged 21 disposals and eight tackles and booted five goals across four matches for Sydney’s Coates League team earlier in 2024.

Bonny would have been awesome. Turned into an even better player in the red sash just by getting super fit. Funny how we have stayed away from Irish recruits. Some pretty decent forwards amongst that lot. Moloney, McDonagh and Tighe to name a few.

I have my doubts on Montana as a key forward. 30ish games for Adelaide for one goal. It's not like Adelaide didn't have a spot in their forward line with Ashleigh Woodland (Saint) leaving for Port at the end of 2022

I think she was recruited because we had a glaring hole in our ruck area and this hole has pretty much disappeared between seasons with Poppy improving out of sight. I really don't think anyone expected Poppy to get to where she is now and I think she took on Montana's recruitment as a personal challenge. Hope she can keep it up.

Poppy has better hands than most Rucks

Bonny would have been awesome. Turned into an even better player in the red sash just by getting super fit. Funny how we have stayed away from Irish recruits. Some pretty decent forwards amongst that lot. Moloney, McDonagh and Tighe to name a few.
Bonny was an ess fan , surprising that appears to have been quite a drawcard for W recruits , I suppose with a flat salary structure these factors come into it

Bonny was an ess fan , surprising that appears to have been quite a drawcard for W recruits , I suppose with a flat salary structure these factors come into it

Should start targeting a few Tigers then. Lets start here....

Dokota Davidson - Very handy key forward who can mark and kick. Still only 25. Bit of strut and agro. Can sometimes rub people the wrong way but her joy at Richmond winning in 2017 premiership easily overcomes things like that.

Should start targeting a few Tigers then. Lets start here....

Dokota Davidson - Very handy key forward who can mark and kick. Still only 25. Bit of strut and agro. Can sometimes rub people the wrong way but her joy at Richmond winning in 2017 premiership easily overcomes things like that.
You don’t say , 4 demons below were tigers
Taylor harris
Mithin
Chaplin
Gillard

I got the strange feeling that Ryan would prefer to play 2 rucks in the team. LMac isn't a ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Rd 5, North vs Richmond 29/09 1:05pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back