Unofficial Preview Rd1 Richmond v Carlton MCG 7:25pm Thursday 19th March Flag Unfurling²

Remove this Banner Ad

Again the economy will eventually bounce back people can recover

There is no coming back from being dead.

This is from someone who will likely be out of a job if we are closed for 2 weeks

Lots of people are going to die regardless. The numbers aren't likely to vary all that much regardless of what gets done....Simply, it's probably going to run it's course before a cure (vaccine) can be found, tested, produced and distributed. The only relevant variable is trying to smooth out the bump a little so more people can get hospital care.

Best case, maybe 10% fewer deaths will occur if everything gets shut down and people minimise contact as much as possible.

OK, 10% fewer deaths is good...especially when we're talking the numbers being discussed with this one.

Let's say we 'only' lose 90,000 dead rather than 100,000.

10,000 fewer deaths from this disease! Good result...right?

Well, if crashing the economy means thousands die in other ways (and lets face it, there are many ways poverty kills), and quality of life for millions is affected, in many cases majorly, for the next decade or so, then no, it's not really a very good result.

Lots of people are going to die regardless. The numbers aren't likely to vary all that much regardless of what gets done....Simply, it's probably going to run it's course before a cure (vaccine) can be found, tested, produced and distributed. The only relevant variable is trying to smooth out the bump a little so more people can get hospital care.

Best case, maybe 10% fewer deaths will occur if everything gets shut down and people minimise contact as much as possible.

OK, 10% fewer deaths is good...especially when we're talking the numbers being discussed with this one.

Let's say we 'only' lose 90,000 dead rather than 100,000.

10,000 fewer deaths from this disease! Good result...right?

Well, if crashing the economy means thousands die in other ways (and lets face it, there are many ways poverty kills), and quality of life for millions is affected, in many cases majorly, for the next decade or so, then no, it's not really a very good result.

Yeah except south Korea handled it fantastically their death ready is sub 1%

Italy ****ed it theirs is about 4%

If 1 million got it
That's a 10,000 or 40,000

I can't believe people value the lives of others so little that their respose is oh well people will die anyway

Italy f’ed it theirs is about 4%

If 1 million got it

I can't believe people value the lives of others so little that their respose is oh well people will die anyway

It's still got a long way to go in both countries, and until it's done, the death counts are just an interim figure. In time, the disease WILL spread, and practically everyone will be exposed. Delaying it is a good thing (especially if you can keep the sick from overwhelming hospital capacity too badly), but it's just that, delay.

It's not that I don't value lives, it's that I recognise the inevitable and try to accept that and find the best, overall, outcome rather than trying to fight against what cannot change.

If 1 million got it

Except for Wuhan and the province where it hit hard and fast, the rest of China is 0.7

Except for Wuhan and the province where it hit hard and fast, the rest of China is 0.7

It helps when you can forcibly lock people in their homes. Because you are a dictatorship and don't give a ****

It helps when you can forcibly lock people in their homes. Because you are a dictatorship and don't give a fu**

china started the virus intentionally and in their own country so that people wouldn't think they created it in a lab, and they already have the vaccine that's why it'll disappear in china quickly while it ****s up the rest of the world

Last edited:
Stockmarket is rebounding.
German state bank ready to lend $US610 billion to stabilise companies.
I would ban all non-essential international flights.
1,000 new cases in Spain in one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Say you have 50 unknowing positive tourists, travelling through Australia.
They would come into passing contact with hundreds of people.
50 cases could infect 2,500 people.
We don't have the resources to cope.
S*** will hit the fan if supermarkets become contaminated.

Say you have 50 unknowing positive tourists, travelling through Australia.
They would come into passing contact with hundreds of people.
50 cases could infect 2,500 people.
We don't have the resources to cope.
S*** will hit the fan if supermarkets become contaminated.
There's basically no evidence that suggests that people who are asymptomatic are able to communicate the virus as almost all cases where this occurred the person who communicated it just had mild symptoms and didn't immediately recognise them.

If 1 million got it

If 1 million got it

Your spot on that Sth Korea has handled it fantastically and has probably slowed the rate of the infection somewhat.

However, using percentages in situations where it is not like for like is useless.

The death rate is not 4% in Italy. It is only 4% against the positive tests.

Italy has done a lot less testing than Korea who have basically set up testing stations on every street corner as well as whole office blocks.

There could be a 100,000 people in Italy with the virus with little or no sign of symptoms. These people will cure in coming weeks and may never have been tested.

The death rate in Sth Korea is more reflective of what this virus will do worldwide as long as you have a reasonable health system.

For what it’s worth it’s just a matter of time before player/players will test positive and the season will be first postponed and then cancelled.

This is a 3-6 month event at best without a vaccine being available anytime soon.

Take it to the Bank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your spot on that Sth Korea has handled it fantastically and has probably slowed the rate of the infection somewhat.

However, using percentages in situations where it is not like for like is useless.

The death rate is not 4% in Italy. It is only 4% against the positive tests.

Italy has done a lot less testing than Korea who have basically set up testing stations on every street corner as well as whole office blocks.

There could be a 100,000 people in Italy with the virus with little or no sign of symptoms. These people will cure in coming weeks and may never have been tested.

The death rate in Sth Korea is more reflective of what this virus will do worldwide as long as you have a reasonable health system.

For what it’s worth it’s just a matter of time before player/players will test positive and the season will be first postponed and then cancelled.

This is a 3-6 month event at best without a vaccine being available anytime soon.

Take it to the Bank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Which bank ?
There all closed lol

The worst case scenario modelling in the U.S. is two million deaths there.
Roche is developing a fast testing system, will test in a couple of hours.
Bill Gates says they can use machine learning to screen vaccines.

Last edited:
If they are going to have a Mickey Mouse comp and tweak the fixture I just don't think it's worth it.
It's not a premiership season.
We are the reigning premiers.
They should just start a 17 round season in the first week of May, that leaves a bye before finals and guarantees the GF will be in September. ( no GF allowed in October this year)

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Rd1 Richmond v Carlton MCG 7:25pm Thursday 19th March Flag Unfurling²

Remove this Banner Ad

Back