Unofficial Preview Rd1 Richmond v Carlton MCG 7:25pm Thursday 19th March Flag Unfurling²

Remove this Banner Ad

The mortality rate is way lower than SARS virus, SARS has a 40 per cent rate compared to 4 per cent, but they still want to minimise the spread.
Telstra has ordered 20,000 staff to work from home.
Medical researchers are working round the clock on a vaccine.

China’s claim of victory over corona virus I suspect may change some thinking .
China went into an extreme lockdown situation that's how they got it under control, for now, few other countries could do that, least of all oz, realistically probably around 50% of people will get it here, winter will be the worst time I'd guess

Will we get canned crowd noises like norf?

Coronavirus, norfs time to shine!!!!

Jokes aside, it will be interesting to see how our boys do without the noise of the army behind them

Coronavirus, norfs time to shine!!!!

Jokes aside, it will be interesting to see how our boys do without the noise of the army behind them
I trust the boys to play well regardless but I have found myself wondering/worrying that we could see a dip in form.

This will gut aligned leisure. Thank Christ we kept the pokies despite the naysayers tears it’s a bankable income.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Italy is where we are headed, pokies being closed will happen to

So when we go B2B, how long will it take for WA nuffies and Kane Cornes to declare what a tremendous advantage it was for Richmond to play in front of 0 fans.
Not long, I’m looking forward to it.

In all seriousness I wonder how Richmond, Collingwood and West Coast are going to adapt to playing silent football games?

China went into an extreme lockdown situation that's how they got it under control, for now, few other countries could do that, least of all oz, realistically probably around 50% of people will get it here, winter will be the worst time I'd guess

We can easily do it but they are too scared about the economy

If they had it closed the borders earlier like 8 weeks ago we wouldn’t have any cases . Whilst tourism would have copped a beating other parts of the economy would have been fine . But govt could have used funds to help tourism sector etc With recovery and encourage Australians to holiday here .
Now tourism is still stuffed anyway and because of virus every other sector will be affected and ripple on affect to the economy will be ten fold because people will now be scared of going out .

China’s claim of victory over corona virus I suspect may change some thinking .

Most of the reporting and comments out of China are dubious at best.

Their efforts in spin and propaganda on this have been massive, so I wouldn't trust anything they say without credible corroboration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a balancing act...and realistically, it has to be.

Crashing the economy could cause more damage that the illness.

Hope we unveil the flag against Geelol in Round 9, the melts would be great lmao.

Round 4 Vs Adelaide would also be good....

Our home game against the Eagles would also be fun, but I'm hoping it'll be long before rnd 14.

It's a balancing act...and realistically, it has to be.

Crashing the economy could cause more damage that the illness.

The economy will bounce back, can't come back from being dead

Anyone else think we lose our 19th man with no crowd?

Our game is pressure and intensity and with no crowds the sting kinda goes outta the game...

Look at Dusty's celebration when he kicked that goal in the last quarter of the grand final. Does he celebrate like that with no crowd? Would be awkward, no?

I known this works both ways but yeah, I reckon no crowd takes out the "manicness" of our game style and favours the Blues, especially given it was gonna be a home crowd for us.

Can we get ourselves up to our normal standard with no fans? I hope so, and I'm sure we'll still be awesome... It's just a bugger really :(

Anyone else think we lose our 19th man with no crowd?

Our game is pressure and intensity and with no crowds the sting kinda goes outta the game...

Look at Dusty's celebration when he kicked that goal in the last quarter of the grand final. Does he celebrate like that with no crowd? Would be awkward, no?

I known this works both ways but yeah, I reckon no crowd takes out the "manicness" of our game style and favours the Blues, especially given it was gonna be a home crowd for us.

Can we get ourselves up to our normal standard with no fans? I hope so, and I'm sure we'll still be awesome... It's just a bugger really :(
will be like a training drill unless any of our players get coronavirus then carltoon will flog us

If they had it closed the borders earlier like 8 weeks ago we wouldn’t have any cases . Whilst tourism would have copped a beating other parts of the economy would have been fine . But govt could have used funds to help tourism sector etc With recovery and encourage Australians to holiday here .
Now tourism is still stuffed anyway and because of virus every other sector will be affected and ripple on affect to the economy will be ten fold because people will now be scared of going out .

China started it so they could buy the world when the stock markets crash and our gov is owned by China so they wanted it to cum here

its not just the economy, its the social effect

in china, the conditions were brutal. dont wear a mask, you're locked up. travel outside your permitted zone, you're locked up. Have a temp or any signs of illness, taken away to mandatory quarantine confinement. And in the locked down zones, locked in your home 24/7 - except for once every three days when one person is allowed out for 20 minutes to buy food, and breach that order outside that one time you get locked up.

Aussies dont like being told what to do at the best of times, we will seriously struggle if the social control measures of china, korea, japan, or singapore are introduced here

The economy will bounce back, can't come back from being dead

A major crash of the economy will probably harm more people, and consumer confidence (AKA 'the economy') can't just be turned back on like a tap.

The virus will have an effect for maybe 3-6 months (somewhat ironically, longer is better). The economic repercussions could (probably will) play out for years.

As I said though, it's about balance.

A major crash of the economy will probably harm more people, and consumer confidence (AKA 'the economy') can't just be turned back on like a tap.

The virus will have an effect for maybe 3-6 months (somewhat ironically, longer is better). The economic repercussions could (probably will) play out for years.

Again the economy will eventually bounce back people can recover

There is no coming back from being dead.

This is from someone who will likely be out of a job if we are closed for 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview Rd1 Richmond v Carlton MCG 7:25pm Thursday 19th March Flag Unfurling²

Remove this Banner Ad

Back