RDFL 2016 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Young Will Brock certainly a positive addition, would serve ya's better as a rotation for a guy like Wight though as the RDFL does boast some big mature aged grown men in its ruck stocks at present

Can confirm lads. Along with Wight from Romsey.

Wow once again some mobs are gunna outlay some serious coin to be no hope at finals. Good to see however that Lancefield attracting a few, talk was battling to hit 20 at training but with these kinda inclusions things can turn quickly in terms of interest created.

Wow once again some mobs are gunna outlay some serious coin to be no hope at finals. Good to see however that Lancefield attracting a few, talk was battling to hit 20 at training but with these kinda inclusions things can turn quickly in terms of interest created.

Terrific to see clubs having a crack to improve themselves. Just see sobotknicki from rams going to sunbury. That's a real,shame not judging the kid but he was the rams big hope from a local sense. I wonder whether this says a bit about the rams plight for him to leave. Wish them all the best

Terrific to see clubs having a crack to improve themselves. Just see sobotknicki from rams going to sunbury. That's a real,shame not judging the kid but he was the rams big hope from a local sense. I wonder whether this says a bit about the rams plight for him to leave. Wish them all the best
Lions or kangaroos

So the bye could be back
Whats that movie were the team was built up with retired or unworthy players? The replacements? Could be the new name Rockbank Replacements, heard they signed up Romsey/Sunbury Ruckman Steve James and a Lee Sporle could be back to help is troubled big brother.

It is always easy to sit and take pot shots from a high horse, and there is always going to be those that take their pot shots at me because I put myself in a position to be a target by always being around this board in previous years and working hard to ensure that wherever I am, I am working to improve the position of that club.

Rumors and hearsay will always exist, I can cope with that, but just to help everyone out, I am happy to clarify exactly where our club is positioned and what our plans are to improve.

Yes, as a club, we found it difficult to compete with the money being paid out in the competition and over the past two years have tried to push the boundaries of what the club could cope with in order to A) Maintain players and B) Recruit players. Whilst the club budgeted these years, issues external to these payments left the club short of funds in the second half of last year. Despite not being an excessive amount of money being paid out, unforeseen costs to the club contributed to the shortfall.

Due to this, the people who have busted their ass for years at the club are still working hard to correct this shortfall and ensure that the club is positioned for the future, this is the most critical part of the plan. Ensuring the club is in a stable financial position for the short to medium term. This will absolutely see a turnover in players this year as the club can't continue to pay players for the sake of keeping them at the club and not gaining any return.

The goal this year is to play players that want to play football for the right reasons, rather than playing for the cash. We will focus on providing opportunity to young players who want to play senior football and want to play a role in creating the right culture at the club. As part of that, we need to find some experienced players that can help guide and instruct the younger players without once again grabbing at cash.

There is no doubt that we will have our ups and downs next year, there might be weeks where we are reaching at numbers for our Reserves side, but that is no different to the past 5 years, it's not like we have a deep pool of locals we can call on to top up the list. This is the same as many other clubs, last year, we had clubs forfeit Reserves games during the year. Rockbank never had to do that, and our goal is to make sure that doesn't happen this year either.

I, and others at the club will continue to work toward the goals we have set over the past 4 months at the club and will get through the other side, those that come along for the ride will be rewarded for their commitment.

The club has a business plan for the future, and will work to achieve that plan and ensure that Rockbank won't just survive the short term, but position ourselves as a financially viable, strong entity for the long term.

Thanks for your concern though and glad that we could be a preseason foil for those other teams that needed a diversion over the off season.

Absolutely terrific mate good stuff and good on you for sticking fat and seeing it through. How often do you see people go into a club with big ideas, they don't pan out as planned or gets tough and they then bail leaving others to pick the pieces up. One thing for sure is a ball has not been kicked as yet, and based on the last 3 years, Rockbank have been an extremely competitive team and playing in finals. Like you said most teams last year struggled with reserve numbers. A tough gig in the short term with locals and other options for football in the area, but to hang in and then work in partnership with the new developments in the area will see big rewards in the next 5-10 years. Good on you, we all know how much you love your footy and I am sure many join me in wishing you well.

I actually think there is something in your last line to!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every year I see the practice matches as a good opportunity to test the strength of the RDFL. Would love to see a Diggers Rest/Riddell vs. Sunbury Lions game.

Just to keep you all awake and interested what was the outcome on the Burkett boys. Keston did they go elsewhere or was our mail right and they are staying!
Spoke to Deano at training on Monday they are staying at romsey they would have come at about 3 & 4 points I believe had to take that into consideration also
but believe they where happy to stay at romsey anyway

Plenty of guys are happy to club hop, and do the whole 3 clubs in 3 years thing but these lads come from good shock and don't strike me as those types

Plenty of guys are happy to club hop, and do the whole 3 clubs in 3 years thing but these lads come from good shock and don't strike me as those types
These guys are good kids but I don't think loyalty comes into it after one year at a club the door was open at a point but the way the points system etc is it means those you pick need to fit into one your plan and two the point allocation

Just to keep you all awake and interested what was the outcome on the Burkett boys. Keston did they go elsewhere or was our mail right and they are staying!
Was me not keston who put it up turbos.Im happy to be wrong and glad to see em stay at the redbacks.Both very good players and im told ripping blokes.

Was me not keston who put it up turbos.Im happy to be wrong and glad to see em stay at the redbacks.Both very good players and im told ripping blokes.

Sorry mate. I suppose I was just asking Keston as he thought they might be moving with his Naaaaa reply.
PS: just joking with the Naa stuff boys.

On another subject how are Romsey looking this season? How is the new coach Bubb going? Will they challenge again this season?

Diggers will win by 15 plus goals if they play at even half strength!

So Danger do you think Melton Centrals "might" overtake both Melton Sth and Melton in the next few years as the best team in Melton? Interested to hear your thoughts. To me this would be a tragedy as both Melton Sth and Melton have some great history. Both sides were strong many years ago!!

So Danger do you think Melton Centrals "might" overtake both Melton Sth and Melton in the next few years as the best team in Melton? Interested to hear your thoughts. To me this would be a tragedy as both Melton Sth and Melton have some great history. Both sides were strong many years ago!!
Hard to gauge given they're in different comps but given the recent struggles of each of them it'd be great if they can all take a step forward.
I know that Melton South were playing some better footy towards the end of last season..

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFL 2016 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back