RDFL 2016 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I had to attend a player advacote meeting . I thought it would be at Sunbury, much to my surprise it was at Bacchus Marsh. WTF I thought this was the RDFL. I was given the wrong date and rang the RDFL to clarify the date, I was advised that ---------- was out of the office and he Would call
Me back with the information I required. Guess what I'm still waiting for that phone call, 2 weeks later. Its already turned to shit.

Don't blame the league entirely, a lot of the blame lie's with the clubs. I've banged on about this a lot over time, but you guys pay the fee's which make you the key stakeholders giving you every right to appoint who you want to represent you.

Instead of whinging about the board and the fact quite a few appear to be "yes men" for AFL Goldfields, get your collective heads together, understand that the RDFL board is meant to be the conduit between you (stakeholders) and AFL Goldfields and do something about. I get the impression a lot of people attend meetings because "we have to" ... how about pushing back a little when pressing matters bob up and say "hang on a minute you're representing us, not just sitting there to tell us how it's gunna be just coz AFL Goldfields say so."

Correct me if I'm wrong but when the whole sales pitch came on about the Ballarat FL pretty much "administering" our league a reduction on costs may have been floated. There'd be someone more up to speed with all this than me, but if they haven't increased 20% at least since the merge I'd be very surprised

How do you reckon certain members of the board would go if they were requested to go in and fight, and fly the flag on YOUR behalf?

If the answer is not in the positive then again I say please appoint a board that will give you what you deserve for the ludicrous amount of fee's being asked. I'm having this very conversation with members of the committee I'm involved with, and it's tiring coz not one person can change things - but collectively with some of the stronger clubs united you get power ..... and that's what it's gunna take.

So unless you can find people willing to stand for the best interest's of football in what is the RDFL boundary you'll continue to be told how it's gunna be.

Don't blame the league entirely, a lot of the blame lie's with the clubs. I've banged on about this a lot over time, but you guys pay the fee's which make you the key stakeholders giving you every right to appoint who you want to represent you.

Instead of whinging about the board and the fact quite a few appear to be "yes men" for AFL Goldfields, get your collective heads together, understand that the RDFL board is meant to be the conduit between you (stakeholders) and AFL Goldfields and do something about. I get the impression a lot of people attend meetings because "we have to" ... how about pushing back a little when pressing matters bob up and say "hang on a minute you're representing us, not just sitting there to tell us how it's gunna be just coz AFL Goldfields say so."

Correct me if I'm wrong but when the whole sales pitch came on about the Ballarat FL pretty much "administering" our league a reduction on costs may have been floated. There'd be someone more up to speed with all this than me, but if they haven't increased 20% at least since the merge I'd be very surprised

How do you reckon certain members of the board would go if they were requested to go in and fight, and fly the flag on YOUR behalf?

If the answer is not in the positive then again I say please appoint a board that will give you what you deserve for the ludicrous amount of fee's being asked. I'm having this very conversation with members of the committee I'm involved with, and it's tiring coz not one person can change things - but collectively with some of the stronger clubs united you get power ..... and that's what it's gunna take.

So unless you can find people willing to stand for the best interest's of football in what is the RDFL boundary you'll continue to be told how it's gunna be.

Agree doona the problem is and has been for a while that the clubs won't stand up and say anything there for they are controlled by what the league decides there are many issues and a lack of clarity when they are brought up as if it doesn't fit the goldfields direction then it's knocked on the head very quickly and it won't change unless clubs stand together
Can I ask I guarantee that most clubs would have no idea on what the goldfields future vision is and that is a major problem

Unsure if any of you fella's have junior club involvements, but we're chasing an Under 16.5 practice game on Sunday April 10th at Kilmore.
Our club is having practice game's against the Romsey JFC that day, but unfortunately the Redbacks wont be fielding a top age team in 2016.

Are any other club's struggling to field teams? Still yet to sight a junior fiture so assume the league admin is awaiting final confirmations of teams.

In the event of not finding one the Broadford 16's look like helping us out this coming Sunday (April 3rd) but ideally another game on April 10 would be great.

If anyone is available, or have had a club asking who you can't accommodate, please contact myself Chris Nolan on 0419363845.

Unsure if any of you fella's have junior club involvements, but we're chasing an Under 16.5 practice game on Sunday April 10th at Kilmore.
Our club is having practice game's against the Romsey JFC that day, but unfortunately the Redbacks wont be fielding a top age team in 2016.

Are any other club's struggling to field teams? Still yet to sight a junior fiture so assume the league admin is awaiting final confirmations of teams.

In the event of not finding one the Broadford 16's look like helping us out this coming Sunday (April 3rd) but ideally another game on April 10 would be great.

If anyone is available, or have had a club asking who you can't accommodate, please contact myself Chris Nolan on 0419363845.
Try gisborne rookies or gisborne Giants

Last practice game for Wallan this weekend against Glenroy at Glenroy. Should be a pretty tough game and will give us a clear indication of just where we stand.

What times are you games? RDFL Under 17 team plays Cairns FL at Highgate in the morning. Gunna be a big weekend of footy, Roxy vs Hadfield Friday night, watch the rep game Satdy morning .... stand up if you love local Footy :D:footy::thumbsu:

What times are you games? RDFL Under 17 team plays Cairns FL at Highgate in the morning. Gunna be a big weekend of footy, Roxy vs Hadfield Friday night, watch the rep game Satdy morning .... stand up if you love local Footy :D:footy::thumbsu:

Standard start times for all 3 games as far as I know. Is that Roxy v Haddy game at Roxy?

Romsey U18s seeking practices match sat 2nd and sat 9th both at 11am at Romsey due to cancellations. If anyone knows a team who maybe interested please let me know.
Adam-0417340487

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What has the preseason outcomes been so far? Two weeks out from the start of the RDFNL season, has there been any exposed form to suggest a club moving up the ladder to challenge most peoples predictions of Diggers Macedon Broadford. Easter being last week seems to have impacted clubs preparations with scheduling of games and availability of grounds, games I assume majority teams will be out to have a good hit out this weekend.

What has the preseason outcomes been so far? Two weeks out from the start of the RDFNL season, has there been any exposed form to suggest a club moving up the ladder to challenge most peoples predictions of Diggers Macedon Broadford. Easter being last week seems to have impacted clubs preparations with scheduling of games and availability of grounds, games I assume majority teams will be out to have a good hit out this weekend.

Riddell definitely going under the radar...

Riddell definitely going under the radar...
Dont know whos radar theyre going under??Riddell are sure to go well and im certain will spend less $$$ than most (if not all)clubs fighting out the top 6.They have a proven history of talented youngsters along with good recruits who are happy to play for unders with the promise of team success.

Broadford are too don't worry about that, can't wait for Rd.1 to roll around
You must know lots more than the rest of then Doona2?Going by clearances Broadford look to be pretty similar to last year.Yes they have picked a few up but lost a few also.Also this seasons draw looks a bit harder so I await to see how they can improve.I reckon they may just save a few $$$bucks n wait till mid June then recruit whats needed.Be good to see them in action at the pointy end.Time will tell.

You must know lots more than the rest of then Doona2?Going by clearances Broadford look to be pretty similar to last year.Yes they have picked a few up but lost a few also.Also this seasons draw looks a bit harder so I await to see how they can improve.I reckon they may just save a few $$$bucks n wait till mid June then recruit whats needed.Be good to see them in action at the pointy end.Time will tell.

Let's not forget they finished 3rd last year, may have turned a few over but I'm assuming they'll still stock plenty of firepower. Deano wouldn't have gone up there to work with Skip and Keston if the list was going to go backwards, strike while the iron is hot I say.

Dont know whos radar theyre going under??Riddell are sure to go well and im certain will spend less $$$ than most (if not all)clubs fighting out the top 6.They have a proven history of talented youngsters along with good recruits who are happy to play for unders with the promise of team success.
I have Riddell on the same level as Macedon and Diggers in terms of favouritism. Love the way they go about things.

They are spending plenty too don't worry about that they just hide it well. Some of the guys they got in this year are high quality. They have picked up 5 that will be in their best 10 I would think. Have lost some depth again like last year so their turn over would be their only real concern. Added kids to help there and got some twos players back.

Watch out for Tim Walsh. Great intercept marker down back and plays tall.

Did anybody go down and watch Melton south and diggers yesterday how did both teams look
Didn't see any of that game but.
Saw a very little bit of Romsey game, seconds got beaten by Daylesford and seniors didn't start well.
Lancefield struggled Against East Keilor but got up by a couple of goals.
They were missing a few on the cricket trip.

Anyone else got news from practise matches???

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFL 2016 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back