RDFL 2016 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Wallan beaten by about 50 by Glenroy. Good last hit out. Roll on April 15th.
Spoke to Sal about the game, said it was his best so far since doing his knee. He's really looking forward to the year ahead now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard your finished up at roo land keston.
Yep correct still will support broadford from afar but work commitments and family means 13 years with no break of admin coaching and footy operation has caught up haven't felt this relaxed in a long time but as they say family first :D

Wallan must of had 20 out surely. They will make top 6 with the massive recruiting drive they have had over the pre season.

6 to come in for round 1 I'd guess. Last 1/4 blew out and Glenroy will push for top 4 in EDFL div 1. I don't know about finals, but I think other teams will know they've been in a game.

Bit of controversy at Rupo this week after the coach gave a few of the departing players a clip in the paper. Personally I didn't see much wrong with it other than it was a bit unnecessary. It's also strange to say guys like Brennan, Darragh McGovern best footy is behind them then recruit guys like Burlak and Kaufman. The actual statement probably isn't wrong but as I said it seemed unnecessary.

Tips for this week?

Melton should win fairly comfortably. I hope Rockbank put up a good fight though.

The Woodend vs Lancefield game should be a cracker. I reckon Woodend will get up in a close one.

Just a few questions I hope can be cleared up please. With the new points system in play this year is it self regulating by the club or do the RDFL check the points on all the Senior players to start with for the new season. What happens if a players is down for the wrong points ie a 2 points instead of 3 when submitting the first submission to the RDFL ? Will it get picked up ? I understand that if a player has won the B&F or goalkicking or played VFL/TAC at another club that points will be added but how do you check this or will there be a submission by every club to tell the league who wins a club B&F now at he end of the year ? With all the recruiting going on selection will now be interesting if you have more points on your playing list than you need for selection of your senior side. Let the season begin should be very interesting to see who has improved or who will slide looks set for a good season.

See your point Dons, not a lot to be gained by questioning anyone leaving the club. You never know the context those comments are made in so always hard to judge. From I know and have heard from those close to Fitsy even when at Lancefield and Gisborne is it is not his style to be potting guys that have left, he is focused on guys that have come or are there. Hard to say Burlak is past it, premiership captain last couple of years, went forward in last years GF kicked cracker goal and was a major focal point for Romsey. His body is the issue not this talent. Kaufman got plenty of footy left in him just needs the right environment and I reckon meach had done a great job developing him. Brent Tuckeys best footy is behind him to, but I bet every club would still like to have what he can offer on the field. Burlak influence on the rupo boys I am told has been outstanding and in the middle of winter his presence will be important. Still believe there is a bit unknown on lists than what has been reported or spoken about even a few days out from the start of the season.

See your point Dons, not a lot to be gained by questioning anyone leaving the club. You never know the context those comments are made in so always hard to judge. From I know and have heard from those close to Fitsy even when at Lancefield and Gisborne is it is not his style to be potting guys that have left, he is focused on guys that have come or are there. Hard to say Burlak is past it, premiership captain last couple of years, went forward in last years GF kicked cracker goal and was a major focal point for Romsey. His body is the issue not this talent. Kaufman got plenty of footy left in him just needs the right environment and I reckon meach had done a great job developing him. Brent Tuckeys best footy is behind him to, but I bet every club would still like to have what he can offer on the field. Burlak influence on the rupo boys I am told has been outstanding and in the middle of winter his presence will be important. Still believe there is a bit unknown on lists than what has been reported or spoken about even a few days out from the start of the season.
I have heard he may have been misquoted. Always risky even commenting on that kind of thing. In regards to Burlak and Kaufman it's not a criticism of them just that I would have thought the guys leaving offer at least as much.

Just a few questions I hope can be cleared up please. With the new points system in play this year is it self regulating by the club or do the RDFL check the points on all the Senior players to start with for the new season. What happens if a players is down for the wrong points ie a 2 points instead of 3 when submitting the first submission to the RDFL ? Will it get picked up ? I understand that if a player has won the B&F or goalkicking or played VFL/TAC at another club that points will be added but how do you check this or will there be a submission by every club to tell the league who wins a club B&F now at he end of the year ? With all the recruiting going on selection will now be interesting if you have more points on your playing list than you need for selection of your senior side. Let the season begin should be very interesting to see who has improved or who will slide looks set for a good season.

My understanding is this, all players will be allocated their points by the league and the club has to check it to ensure it is correct. So at the start there will be lots of admin work for the league and the clubs. When the club picks their team and submits it though footy web a team sheet can only be printed if the total points of the team sheet is equal or below the points max for that club. This of course doesn't take into account late changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFL 2016 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back