RDFL 2017 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Doona
I would've thought this would've been the tightest game of the weekend.
Gee a young Riddell side will have plenty of belief after today next week. Both finals look like crackers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks Doona
I would've thought this would've been the tightest game of the weekend.
Gee a young Riddell side will have plenty of belief after today next week. Both finals look like crackers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Best 4 actual lists of the season are left, buckle yaselves in boys and girls coz any of the 4 could actually win it in my opinion.

Of course u didn't Dave, cos u thought they choked and u always will. Macedon would wanna win it Dave with what they're spending, of course a Ferrarri will beat a Commodore, but 15 points ain't much Dave so maybe the drivers of the commodore ain't doing too bad.

You're not seriously considering Rupo to be a commodore are you? Chambers, Putt, Hetherington, Swallow. Alone they match up with anybody's top 4 players.

You're not seriously considering Rupo to be a commodore are you? Chambers, Putt, Hetherington, Swallow. Alone they match up with anybody's top 4 players.
Was just comparing them to Waters, Harrison, Summerfield, Cooke, Knox, McConnell, Dick, Kilmartin, Wright, Markworth there is ten, Of course Rupo aren't a Commodore however the turn of phrase came to mind when you compare that 10 with Rupo's 4 you have mentioned.

Made the same comment to Fitzy when he was running his eyes over the Cats in the warm up, "Don't worry about them Fitz you don't have the money, they're a Ferrari mate!!!!"

Was just comparing them to Waters, Harrison, Summerfield, Cooke, Knox, McConnell, Dick, Kilmartin, Wright, Markworth there is ten, Of course Rupo aren't a Commodore however the turn of phrase came to mind when you compare that 10 with Rupo's 4 you have mentioned.

Made the same comment to Fitzy when he was running his eyes over the Cats in the warm up, "Don't worry about them Fitz you don't have the money, they're a Ferrari mate!!!!"

Fair enough - I see some logic there. Only so much you can do with tight purses. I think all the squads match up pretty evenly the rest of the way. Coaching and leadership will play a big part in the coming weeks.

Fair enough - I see some logic there. Only so much you can do with tight purses. I think all the squads match up pretty evenly the rest of the way. Coaching and leadership will play a big part in the coming weeks.
Thought rupo were terrific on Saturday to be honest. Yes beaten and the cats second half was excellent but gee rupo did a lot right. Just showed got to play finals til the end. Second week is where I believe the finals 6 system is flawed. Won't go into it old ground but some good match ups. Weather, injury always plays parts in the final 3 weeks. Riddell were as impressive Sunday as Romsey were ordinary. Lack of creative coaching from Romsey, at times got to acknowledge game not on your terms so tactically you can do something about it. Left at half time disappointing final, was not the biggest fan of Clarke oval either. Interested in others opinions just my thoughts. Summer to ponder of the red backs, but to those clubs left, don't die wondering.

Thought rupo were terrific on Saturday to be honest. Yes beaten and the cats second half was excellent but gee rupo did a lot right. Just showed got to play finals til the end. Second week is where I believe the finals 6 system is flawed. Won't go into it old ground but some good match ups. Weather, injury always plays parts in the final 3 weeks. Riddell were as impressive Sunday as Romsey were ordinary. Lack of creative coaching from Romsey, at times got to acknowledge game not on your terms so tactically you can do something about it. Left at half time disappointing final, was not the biggest fan of Clarke oval either. Interested in others opinions just my thoughts. Summer to ponder of the red backs, but to those clubs left, don't die wondering.
Rupo were good for the first half, great pressure. Cats came out in second and showed they're a quality unit. Yeah the finals system, seems third was the place to come given the result. Riddell were as good as Romsey let them be, no pressure, they seemed to let them go, not sure of the merit in starting big Way on the wind, he seemed to let Tommy Alkemade do whatever he wanted.
Weather and big ground sort of dictated that Romsey's side was never going to compete in that final, far too tall and big in those conditions.
Thought it was interesting for Romsey to let Tanner Bell and Ross and perhaps even Walsh waltz off the HBF and move the ball into Riddells forward line.
Gotta say if there is a better 37 year old running around in country footy than Ollie Messoudi he would be a gun, he never surprises with his pressure, attack at the contest and his constant run for a mature player.

Roll on week 2 of the finals

Interesting phrase "For the purpose of senior finals eligibility". I'm no legal eagle but I'm seeing an argument in Wallan's favour here.

Was hearing about potential appeals etc early in the week, but obviously all this has all fizzled out and the Wallan lads can now simply focus on being first in and getting their hands on the pill this weekend.

It's going to be wet cold and miserable Diggers rest in a physical contest by 17 points and Riddle to continue the hoodo of finals over rupo by a point.

Was hearing about potential appeals etc early in the week, but obviously all this has all fizzled out and the Wallan lads can now simply focus on being first in and getting their hands on the pill this weekend.

The club appealed, but were unsuccessful.

It's going to be wet cold and miserable Diggers rest in a physical contest by 17 points and Riddle to continue the hoodo of finals over rupo by a point.

Yep very similar conditions to final h&a game at Macedon where they made diggers look very average. I know it's a different ball game but expect Macedon will still win comfortably so long as the coach doesn't play them all out of position like he did in first half last week.

Yep very similar conditions to final h&a game at Macedon where they made diggers look very average. I know it's a different ball game but expect Macedon will still win comfortably so long as the coach doesn't play them all out of position like he did in first half last week.
Playing for nothing at Macedon expect Diggers to dig in and take it up to the cats at the coal face going to be a tuff day at the office who wins this wins the flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing for nothing at Macedon expect Diggers to dig in and take it up to the cats at the coal face going to be a tuff day at the office who wins this wins the flag
Early mail is that the Cats won't have Dick, nor Henderson in their side, two big outs. Best wishes to both sides, great big ground and the wind is blowing a dog off a chain.

How bad is the Markworth injury?

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk
Not as bad as the umping, omfg as an impartial watcher I think diggers got rogered, Macedon got a fair rails run today I thought. Both teams will b tired boys and I think both sides erred by not using the roadside wing to kick goals downwind. Geez that is a big ground.

Dave, u were wrong on today's result and that means the probable flag winners with the Markworth injury could take in 3 risky players if they play Dick n Henderson.

Dave, u were wrong on today's result and that means the probable flag winners with the Markworth injury could take in 3 risky players if they play Dick n Henderson.

Macedon don't need to worry about that right now, they've qualified for the big dance and their guys get 2 weeks to get ready now. Rupo, Riddell and Diggers are the 3 sides with work ahead of them to earn the right to face them.

How am I wrong read the quote diggers took it up to Macedon not like the game a few weeks ago reckon now Macedon in pole position so hump bear sorry to bust your bubble

Macedon don't need to worry about that right now, they've qualified for the big dance and their guys get 2 weeks to get ready now. Rupo, Riddell and Diggers are the 3 sides with work ahead of them to earn the right to face them.
Yeah righto we know they are in the GF but good luck going in with risky players, my point is that they are pretty damn gettable by any of the remaining 3, or two this time tomorrow night. Not sure after today that the gf will be a replay of today though.

Yeah righto we know they are in the GF but good luck going in with risky players, my point is that they are pretty damn gettable by any of the remaining 3, or two this time tomorrow night. Not sure after today that the gf will be a replay of today though.

Every team will go into this time of year with sore players. It's always nice to use the old ploy at this stage of the year though.

Ya gotta love the weather gods another windy wet cold crapy day in Romsey have thought over this game and I know that rupo have the better list but the bombers will not just lay down and go quietly. So will the sharks turn up with a feeding frenzy and play dome hard core footy or will the bombers take them to the trenchs and scrap hard and inflict more finals pain on the sharks
Looking at the sides you say rupo but it's finals footy and that normally means the sharks don't turn up ( in spirit ) for the good people of rupo land I hope They do or it will be exit stage right once again .

Not as bad as the umping, omfg as an impartial watcher I think diggers got rogered, Macedon got a fair rails run today I thought. Both teams will b tired boys and I think both sides erred by not using the roadside wing to kick goals downwind. Geez that is a big ground.

Macedon tend to regularly benefit from favourable decisions from the men in green. In games I've seen they seem to get numerous advantageous ones resulting in shots at goals when similar incidents are called play on for opposition sides. Fairly nice relationship between Macedon and the league may extend to the umpiring fraternity perhaps.

Sport isn't always a level playing field. And some of the umpires just consistently make horrendous decisions but still get selected for big games.

Let's all pray the remaining finals in all grades are umpired fair and consistent. There will be mistakes but regular, clear as day wrong ones are inexcusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back