RDFL Thread 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it a well known fact that good coaches get good results with good teams. But great or better coaches get results out of less stronger playing list. I would like to see how Giddings would go coaching a Macedon or a Rockbank ? Then it would be a true test of his ability to recruit and improve the playing list. Not that I don't think he could do it.

perfect example.jarrod dixon took over the reigns at kanga land 3 years ago.we have all played against the kangas and would agree that they were rabble.and in 3 years the club is like a different world.discipline off the field,new recruits,great teaching of the kids,new ideas,tactical game plans etc.and within the next 5 years the club will be an empire in this league.he hasnt done it alone,but a huge chunk of the credit should be for him.thats the sort of coach i think u were referring to rightfoot sloth

but the games against gissy.i might not be in the best 18,but i wanna play
ha ha ha:D

Trust me.. When Mongrel gets a taste and starts making statements like this he cant... Nay.. HE MUST NOT be left out of the starting line up.. :D

who'd make a reserve's interleague team?

i'm fishing for info on my prospective opponents and teammates. :D

we all know that a reserve team wouldnt work, but not a bad topic, who is playing some good footy for their twos teams, looking to get into their senior sides?
any stand outs for each team running around in the twos?
come close to finals time and injuries these players might be quite important come close to september?
so who is out there????

Big Footys very own James House is Number 6 in Sunburys Hottest Males! Put your hands together for James, well done house party looking good!

of the people who submitted their inter leauge teams?
how much difference do u think there will be come team of the year?
as i read in post someone placed some players solely on rep not what they have done on the field.

would players be welcoming to play inter leauge?

if yes who would be a worthy opponent?

if no whats the reason?

the only reason i can see is that it will take our only break away from us, many-most leauges didnt start on time like us so thay have to play right though.

we all know that a reserve team wouldnt work, but not a bad topic, who is playing some good footy for their twos teams, looking to get into their senior sides?
any stand outs for each team running around in the twos?
come close to finals time and injuries these players might be quite important come close to september?
so who is out there????

I reckon Gav Jenkins and Jimmy McGrath both coming back in the next couple of weeks will lift the Roos and turn the season a little... :thumbsu:

perfect example.jarrod dixon took over the reigns at kanga land 3 years ago.we have all played against the kangas and would agree that they were rabble.and in 3 years the club is like a different world.discipline off the field,new recruits,great teaching of the kids,new ideas,tactical game plans etc.and within the next 5 years the club will be an empire in this league.he hasnt done it alone,but a huge chunk of the credit should be for him.thats the sort of coach i think u were referring to rightfoot sloth

Agreed Mongrel. Jarrod has done a good job but I feel his major strength has been player retention. He wouldn't have lost too many kids since they played under his reign in the 18's. Guys like Welsh and Ploog are a testament to this. Then he incorporated them with the older heads around the club and some outsiders. Then create a cohesive unit which is unbeaten at this stage is a fantastic effort. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Gav Jenkins and Jimmy McGrath both coming back in the next couple of weeks will lift the Roos and turn the season a little... :thumbsu:

so it looks like the roos will only get stronger. what sort of positions do these guys play???

what about other teams?
surely there must be a few players in contention to playing seniors at other clubs?

I think you are forgetting the most important player to come back to the kangas line up One Ben Burridge out and out superstar and club steward. Very underatted player can play on the talls and on the smalls , look forward to see how he goes when he gets back.. Thought i hadnt seen jimmy round 1 what is his story ... INJURY????

My mid-season top 30

AFTER seven rounds in the RDFL senior competition, I list my best 30 players at this stage of the season, comparing them from my pre-season Top 30.

1. Daniel Bonnici (Sunbury Kangaroos) – NEW.
2. Matt Robertson (Kilmore) – Up 1 position.
3. Mark McInerney (Sunbury Kangaroos) – Up 3.
4. Michael Allen (Riddell) – Up 8.
5. Brydon Morgan (Romsey) – Up 12.
6. Cole Laurie (Diggers Rest) – Down 1.
7. Linton Kemp (Kilmore) – Up 8.
8. Steve James (Sunbury Kangaroos) – NEW.
9. Jason Allen (Riddell) – Up 1.
10. Matt McLellan (Romsey) – Up 18.
11. Leigh McInerney (Sunbury Kangaroos) – Up 2.
12. Justin Belleville (Riddell) – Up 8.
13. Matt Stacey (Woodend-Hesket) – NEW.
14. Shaun Sims (Diggers Rest) – Down 12.
15. Garth Ploog (Sunbury Kangaroos) – Up 1.
16. Adam Johnstone (Woodend-Hesket) – Up 13.
17. Warren Else (Woodend-Hesket) – Up 7.
18. Chris Collins (Lancefield) – Down 14.
19. Ryan Connellan (Romsey) – Down 11.
20. Jeremy Jose (Diggers Rest) – Down 11.
21. Daniel Salpietro (Woodend-Hesket) – NEW.
22. David Cornish (Kilmore) – NEW.
23. Rick Dowling (Woodend-Hesket) – NEW.
24. Ben Nettlebeck (Romsey) – NEW.
25. Bobby Johnson (Sunbury Kangaroos) – Unchanged.
26. Leigh Coles (Riddell) – Down 4.
27. Simon Choate (Lancefield) – Down 9.
28. Brian Wheelahan (Melton Central) – NEW.
29. Luke Walker (Rockbank) – NEW.
30. Luke Edwards (Romsey) – Down 16.

WHO’S NEW
Daniel Bonnici – Averaging around 30 disposals a match and is the Kangaroos’ key ingredient in the midfield.
Steve James – Sunbury Kangaroos are on top because of James’ presence in the ruck.
Matt Stacey – Will be leading Woodend-Hesket’s best and fairest at this stage, is dominating in the ruck and around the ground.
Daniel Salpietro – Kicking goals and finding plenty of the ball for the Hawks.
Rick Dowling – Should have been in the pre-season Top 30, all class in the forward pocket.
Ben Nettlebeck – The former Riddell midfield has battled injury this season, but has proved his class for the Redbacks.
Brian Wheelahan – The key performer every week for Melton Central. Needs more support.
Luke Walker – Continues to give the opposition headaches, despite playing in a poorly performed side.

WHO’S MISSING
Notable exclusions from my pre-season Top 30 are:
Daniel Sipthorp (Woodend-Hesket) – Yet to play due to injury.
Steve Burlak (Romsey) - Injured and poor form.
Kar Weng Ng (Woodend-Hesket) – Been overseas.
Steve Ruane (Diggers Rest) – Isn’t having the greatest of years since winning the Bowen Medal.
Chris Payne (Diggers Rest) – Has been banished to the reserves.
Matt Senyschyn (Kilmore) – Shoulder injury.
Dean Helmers (Sunbury Kangaroos) – Starting to find his fitness, expect him to be in my end of season Top 30.
Chris Kakoschke (Lancefield) – Hasn’t delivered on his practice match form. Still been a good contributor for the Tigers though.
Sam Bowen (Woodend-Hesket) – Struggled for consistency.

My pre-season Top 30

1. Daniel Sipthorp (Woodend-Hesket)
2. Shaun Sims (Diggers Rest)
3. Matt Robertson (Kilmore)
4. Chris Collins (Lancefield)
5. Cole Laurie (Diggers Rest)
6. Mark McInerney (Sunbury Kangaroos)
7. Steve Burlak (Romsey)
8. Ryan Connellan (Romsey)
9. Jeremy Jose (Diggers Rest)
10. Jason Allen (Riddell)
11. Kar Weng Ng (Woodend-Hesket)
12. Michael Allen (Riddell)
13. Leigh McInerney (Sunbury Kangaroos)
14. Luke Edwards (Romsey)
15. Linton Kemp (Kilmore)
16. Garth Ploog (Sunbury Kangaroos)
17. Brydon Morgan (Romsey)
18. Simon Choate (Lancefield)
19. Steve Ruane (Diggers Rest)
20. Justin Bellville (Riddell)
21. Chris Payne (Diggers Rest)
22. Leigh Coles (Riddell)
23. Matt Senyschyn (Kilmore)
Warren Else (Woodend-Hesket)
25. Bobby Johnson (Sunbury Kangaroos)
26. Chris Kakoschke (Lancefield)
27. Dean Helmers (Sunbury Kangaroos)
28. Matt McLellan (Romsey)
29. Adam Johnstone (Woodend-Hesket)
30. Sam Bowen (Woodend-Hesket)

I think you are forgetting the most important player to come back to the kangas line up One Ben Burridge out and out superstar and club steward. Very underatted player can play on the talls and on the smalls , look forward to see how he goes when he gets back.. Thought i hadnt seen jimmy round 1 what is his story ... INJURY????

Yeah, injured... Benny is another for sure.. But he is still aways off at this stage...

My mid-season top 30

AFTER seven rounds in the RDFL senior competition, I list my best 30 players at this stage of the season, comparing them from my pre-season Top 30.

1. Daniel Bonnici (Sunbury Kangaroos) – NEW.
2. Matt Robertson (Kilmore) – Up 1 position.
3. Mark McInerney (Sunbury Kangaroos) – Up 3.
4. Michael Allen (Riddell) – Up 8.
5. Brydon Morgan (Romsey) – Up 12.
6. Cole Laurie (Diggers Rest) – Down 1.
7. Linton Kemp (Kilmore) – Up 8.
8. Steve James (Sunbury Kangaroos) – NEW.
9. Jason Allen (Riddell) – Up 1.
10. Matt McLellan (Romsey) – Up 18.
11. Leigh McInerney (Sunbury Kangaroos) – Up 2.
12. Justin Belleville (Riddell) – Up 8.
13. Matt Stacey (Woodend-Hesket) – NEW.
14. Shaun Sims (Diggers Rest) – Down 12.
15. Garth Ploog (Sunbury Kangaroos) – Up 1.
16. Adam Johnstone (Woodend-Hesket) – Up 13.
17. Warren Else (Woodend-Hesket) – Up 7.
18. Chris Collins (Lancefield) – Down 14.
19. Ryan Connellan (Romsey) – Down 11.
20. Jeremy Jose (Diggers Rest) – Down 11.
21. Daniel Salpietro (Woodend-Hesket) – NEW.
22. David Cornish (Kilmore) – NEW.
23. Rick Dowling (Woodend-Hesket) – NEW.
24. Ben Nettlebeck (Romsey) – NEW.
25. Bobby Johnson (Sunbury Kangaroos) – Unchanged.
26. Leigh Coles (Riddell) – Down 4.
27. Simon Choate (Lancefield) – Down 9.
28. Brian Wheelahan (Melton Central) – NEW.
29. Luke Walker (Rockbank) – NEW.
30. Luke Edwards (Romsey) – Down 16.

WHO’S NEW
Daniel Bonnici – Averaging around 30 disposals a match and is the Kangaroos’ key ingredient in the midfield.
Steve James – Sunbury Kangaroos are on top because of James’ presence in the ruck.
Matt Stacey – Will be leading Woodend-Hesket’s best and fairest at this stage, is dominating in the ruck and around the ground.
Daniel Salpietro – Kicking goals and finding plenty of the ball for the Hawks.
Rick Dowling – Should have been in the pre-season Top 30, all class in the forward pocket.
Ben Nettlebeck – The former Riddell midfield has battled injury this season, but has proved his class for the Redbacks.
Brian Wheelahan – The key performer every week for Melton Central. Needs more support.
Luke Walker – Continues to give the opposition headaches, despite playing in a poorly performed side.

WHO’S MISSING
Notable exclusions from my pre-season Top 30 are:
Daniel Sipthorp (Woodend-Hesket) – Yet to play due to injury.
Steve Burlak (Romsey) - Injured and poor form.
Kar Weng Ng (Woodend-Hesket) – Been overseas.
Steve Ruane (Diggers Rest) – Isn’t having the greatest of years since winning the Bowen Medal.
Chris Payne (Diggers Rest) – Has been banished to the reserves.
Matt Senyschyn (Kilmore) – Shoulder injury.
Dean Helmers (Sunbury Kangaroos) – Starting to find his fitness, expect him to be in my end of season Top 30.
Chris Kakoschke (Lancefield) – Hasn’t delivered on his practice match form. Still been a good contributor for the Tigers though.
Sam Bowen (Woodend-Hesket) – Struggled for consistency.

My pre-season Top 30

1. Daniel Sipthorp (Woodend-Hesket)
2. Shaun Sims (Diggers Rest)
3. Matt Robertson (Kilmore)
4. Chris Collins (Lancefield)
5. Cole Laurie (Diggers Rest)
6. Mark McInerney (Sunbury Kangaroos)
7. Steve Burlak (Romsey)
8. Ryan Connellan (Romsey)
9. Jeremy Jose (Diggers Rest)
10. Jason Allen (Riddell)
11. Kar Weng Ng (Woodend-Hesket)
12. Michael Allen (Riddell)
13. Leigh McInerney (Sunbury Kangaroos)
14. Luke Edwards (Romsey)
15. Linton Kemp (Kilmore)
16. Garth Ploog (Sunbury Kangaroos)
17. Brydon Morgan (Romsey)
18. Simon Choate (Lancefield)
19. Steve Ruane (Diggers Rest)
20. Justin Bellville (Riddell)
21. Chris Payne (Diggers Rest)
22. Leigh Coles (Riddell)
23. Matt Senyschyn (Kilmore)
24. Warren Else (Woodend-Hesket)
25. Bobby Johnson (Sunbury Kangaroos)
26. Chris Kakoschke (Lancefield)
27. Dean Helmers (Sunbury Kangaroos)
28. Matt McLellan (Romsey)
29. Adam Johnstone (Woodend-Hesket)
30. Sam Bowen (Woodend-Hesket)

excitable little fella, aren't you pickles?????? a slow day at the free press?

excitable little fella, aren't you pickles?????? a slow day at the free press?

From my own experiences not too many fast one's . . . . . 4-5 sport pages and a week to fill em means a lot of time surfing the net hey Matt me ;)

From my own experiences not too many fast one's . . . . . 4-5 sport pages and a week to fill em means a lot of time surfing the net hey Matt me ;)

I don't only do sport though doon.

Plus fellas, this is as close to the midseason break as we will get.

No RDFL to report on this week so gotta fill the pages in somehow.

I don't only do sport though doon.

Plus fellas, this is as close to the midseason break as we will get.

No RDFL to report on this week so gotta fill the pages in somehow.

Nope.. I reckon we will be closer to the midseason break at the conclusion of Round 9 myself :D

Doesn't do too much. The Senior coach runs the show. You would expect the team to be undefeated with the senior guys playing in the side at the moment. Come finals time we all know the old thoat tightens up.
To be fair only 5 of last weeks side played any senior footy last season and I think mosts sides would have a similar amount. Woodend has had some big names in the reserves as have Riddell yet they are not undefeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back