RDFL Thread 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some massive clashes next weekend fellas, with the finals to be at Romsey on Saturday and Kilmore on Sunday.
Here is the prospective betting market for you:

FIRST SEMI FINALS
Seniors: Woodend-Hesket $1.40 v Romsey $2.10
Reserves: Diggers Rest $1.35 v Riddell $2.20
Under 18: Romsey $1.60 v Macedon $1.90
SECOND SEMI FINALS
Seniors: Riddell $1.20 v Sunbury Kangaroos $2.50
Reserves: Woodend-Hesket $1.25 v Sunbury Kangaroos $2.30
Under 18: Woodend-Hesket $1.25 v Diggers Rest $2.30
BOWEN MEDAL
Daniel Bonnici (Kangaroos) $1.40
Justin Belleville (Bombers) $1.85
Matt Robertson (Blues) $7.50
Jeremy Jose (Burra) $15
Mark McInerney (Kangaroos) $15
Dave Cornish (Blues) $15
Shaun Sims (Burra) $15
Aaron Christiansen (Cats) $25
Daniel Sipthorp (Hawks) $25
Adam Johnstone (Hawks) $25
Brydan Morgan (Redbacks) $25
Simon Choate (Tigers) $35
Brian Wheelahan (Centrals) $35
Matt Walker (Rams) $35
Any unlisted player: $101
SENIOR PREMIERSHIP
Riddell $1.40
Sunbury Kangaroos $2.70
Woodend-Hesket $3.20
Romsey $10
RESERVES PREMIERSHIP
Woodend-Hesket $1.45
Sunbury Kangaroos $2.50
Diggers Rest $2.90
Riddell $5.50
UNDER 18 PREMIERSHIP
Woodend-Hesket $1.25
Diggers Rest $2.80
Romsey $5.50
Macedon $6.00
SENIOR GRAND FINAL QUINELLA
Riddell - Woodend-Hesket $1.75
Riddell - Sunbury Kangaroos $1.65
Riddell - Romsey $7.50
Woodend-Hesket - Sunbury Kangaroos $11
Sunbury Kangaroos - Romsey $15

who happened to be lucky,or unlucky enough to get front row tickets to the brawl yesterday?uncle was on the scene and he has his own thoughts about it.id like to hear other thoughts about it.
also can anyone comfirm how many players were sent off in that game?
it would have to be a record SURELY.

It was an ugly incident that I think all of us on here should leave well and truly enough alone and let the league deal with all of the ramafications... It was not good for football...

A few sent off though.

Less than 11 Hours to go until the big night is to begin. Some clubs have a big group coming along, the Roos will have about 30 while i believe Kilmore will be the party group with about 36 going along.
How many do other clubs have? This will be a very big and exciting night.

Less than 11 Hours to go until the big night is to begin. Some clubs have a big group coming along, the Roos will have about 30 while i believe Kilmore will be the party group with about 36 going along.
How many do other clubs have? This will be a very big and exciting night.

Romsey have 40 attending tonight. Harry will be a late withdrawel with family commitments:(.

On a brighter note, great win by the Redbacks on a great day at Woodend. The Burra were very competitive in the first half and then the Redbacks turned it on. They started to run, carry and deliver the ball which saw the Redbacks out to a 48 point win. Stand outs for Romsey were Connellan, who slaughtered Jose in the ruck all day, James Moore, who shut down Heritage in the second half and Ben John, who came right into the game with run and carry in the second half also. Looks like another big clash the Sunday at Kilmore when the Redbacks take on the Hawks for the second time in two weeks.

The incident in the early game yesterday is under investigation with the league, could I ask everyone to refrain from commenting on the incident and let the league follow up and complete the investigation without prejudice... All posts on the topic will be deleted and the person given an infraction.

Thanks...

The incident in the early game yesterday is under investigation with the league, could I ask everyone to refrain from commenting on the incident and let the league follow up and complete the investigation without prejudice... All posts on the topic will be deleted and the person given an infraction.

Thanks...

i understand the reason ehy you wantpplto stop talking about it, but would the tribunail peoplereally takeinto account what is said on here?
i wouldnt think that the tribunialpeople would be influenced by outside information?

hey what time dose tonights big night start?????

Hey ims
we did just finish a discussion about another episode that happened that also could have had an iquiry. there was no sensoring of that. as long as people dont beat it up and only report facts I believe it should be fair game.

Well done to the Kanga's today. Awesome effort by all players.

Congrats. Roo boys good win. Cant let a side get away to start like that against the wind and expect to win. our side was asleep in the first quarter. I can assure you that wont happen again! Great fight back in the third term to turn the game on its head and make a game of it-not many teams capable of doing that in the league. Expect a more focused performance from the Hawks this week! Full credit to the Roos.

Hey ims
we did just finish a discussion about another episode that happened that also could have had an iquiry. there was no sensoring of that. as long as people dont beat it up and only report facts I believe it should be fair game.

I think I made it pretty clear... There will be no reporting of the incident...

I think I made it pretty clear... There will be no reporting of the incident...

Looks like you'll have to get Wednesday's Free Press for the story. But I'm with IMS on this one. No need to report about the incident on these pages. Can ruin people's reputations, even if they're found not guilty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing i noticed over the weekend, was how well both grounds were presented from the state they were in a few weeks ago. Big credit to both clubs for the work that has been put in.....

One thing i noticed over the weekend, was how well both grounds were presented from the state they were in a few weeks ago. Big credit to both clubs for the work that has been put in.....

Strongly agree TBR. Woodend's ground was in great knick on Saturday and Riddell's looked pretty good yesterday. Just wait until you guys feast your eyes on the Redbacks oval!!! It's bloody amazing!! Best ground in the league, there I've said it!!! Not the best facilities, but definately the best ground. Going to be another massive week in the RDFL finals series, looking forward to it. :thumbsu:

Strongly agree TBR. Woodend's ground was in great knick on Saturday and Riddell's looked pretty good yesterday. Just wait until you guys feast your eyes on the Redbacks oval!!! It's bloody amazing!! Best ground in the league, there I've said it!!! Not the best facilities, but definately the best ground. Going to be another massive week in the RDFL finals series, looking forward to it. :thumbsu:

Reading back through your post 'Willo' and noticed you will be absent tonight. Was wondering if this was a Jason Akermanis/2006 Brownlow like situation with yourself and if that was the case, sure we would have room for you on ours?:D

Reading back through your post 'Willo' and noticed you will be absent tonight. Was wondering if this was a Jason Akermanis/2006 Brownlow like situation with yourself and if that was the case, sure we would have room for you on ours?:D

The winner of the Bowen is invited and if Harry wins it I'll happy drop my pants and accept his medal and do the acceptance speech. Wilson is a good player but has only been in "Bowen form" for the past five-six weeks.

Yes the the club's put on a good turn....but a fewthought that the Riddell Netball commitee would have given the court a good sweep before the game's. They were very dusty which in turn made them very slippery.:rolleyes:

Looks like you'll have to get Wednesday's Free Press for the story. But I'm with IMS on this one. No need to report about the incident on these pages. Can ruin people's reputations, even if they're found not guilty.

But its okay for you to get on here and name names when it comes to slagging umpires?

But its okay for you to get on here and name names when it comes to slagging umpires?

The difference is that I was commenting on the umpire's performance, not whether they did something outside the rules. Just like when I say that Jeremy Jose was given a bath by Connellan on Saturday, or that Belleville barely got a touch on James House in R18. I wasn't at the game yesterday so I only have second hand information which I'm sure is credible, but I don't want to spread unconfirmed gossip. When the official findings are released, then I'm sure it can be talked about.

Thanks TBR, appreciate the hospitality!:thumbsu: I can assure you it's not a situation ala Jason Akermanis (in that he was leaving the Lions and sat with his new club the Doggies). I have a family situation that takes precedence over the Bowen night, that's all. Had I have been there I would have thoroughly enjoyed sharing a few bevvies with the Roo Boys.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

P.S. Where did you get the "Willo" reference from? By now I'm sure some people know who Harry is, but I don't know of anyone in this league who refers to me as "Willo". And another thing I think Harry is more popular around the league than Chris Wilson.

As far as Pickles's post is concerned, I'm not sure if I should take that as an insult or compliment:confused: On one hand he says if I were to win it he'd bare his back side (in other words I'm no chance and he would laugh at the notion) and on the other hand he has said I've been in Bowen form for the last 5-6 weeks. How do you plead Pickles???

Thanks TBR, appreciate the hospitality!:thumbsu: I can assure you it's not a situation ala Jason Akermanis (in that he was leaving the Lions and sat with his new club the Doggies). I have a family situation that takes precedence over the Bowen night, that's all. Had I have been there I would have thoroughly enjoyed sharing a few bevvies with the Roo Boys.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

P.S. Where did you get the "Willo" reference from? By now I'm sure some people know who Harry is, but I don't know of anyone in this league who refers to me as "Willo". And another thing I think Harry is more popular around the league than Chris Wilson.

As far as Pickles's post is concerned, I'm not sure if I should take that as an insult or compliment:confused: On one hand he says if I were to win it he'd bare his back side (in other words I'm no chance and he would laugh at the notion) and on the other hand he has said I've been in Bowen form for the last 5-6 weeks. How do you plead Pickles???

We all know you suck up to the umps Harry, and have polled well in the past. But no chance my friend. I'll offer 1001-1 odds if anyone is interested :D

As for the past few weeks, you have been sizzling, so perhaps a late run to sneak into the top-10? Me thinks not. My tip? Harry to poll 4 votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back