RDFL Thread 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves Halffull. And tell your smart arse mate Omni wanna Be that I know people who know people.:thumbsu:
whats the matter champ do you think the odds posted are wrong ?
or are you just upset that your battling strong feelings towards the llama your aboard that is missing its teeth and hasnt been to brazilian butterfly for a clean up of the tunnel of love as it prevents easy access for you but with the membership to the butterfly not renewed the numerous flora and fauna it has gathered whilst spelling in the paddock of sir ollie mathews with you would provide just a little bit of a hurdle for yourself ???? think of them as speed humps that could add extra pleasure to the hot and steamy nights spent out in the barn with oneinthepinkoneinthestink!
breaking news
odds slashed on oneinthepinkoneinthestink after it was revealed that jockey aboard is the real llama whisperer and such powers may just see it first past the post !:)

its one in the two pink and one in the stink mate never heard anyone say one in the pink and one in the stin makes no sense n not anywhere near as funny!

its one in the two pink and one in the stink mate never heard anyone say one in the pink and one in the stin makes no sense n not anywhere near as funny!

Up early Van, didn't end up a big night or have you blokes just got home ;)

How you gunna get M Nicholls to saddle up pal ? I believe he is permanently attached to Matt Robertsons leg, dry humping it like a randy beagle !

When will you blokes understand that Robbo is not even #1 in the pecking order for me at Kilmore, let alone in the league.

Went to Riddell's training last night lads, interesting stuff. Just going along very nicely down there at the moment. Reserves looking the goods, and the seniors raring to go. If Riddell can get up this weekend in the magoos I reckon the Kangas might have a tough battle on their hands. Mr S. Trezise has his troops in tip-top condition. As for the iris, Mr Darrin Rowsell that is (new nickname, ask me why one day), he doesn't want to give any ammunition but said that he will have a full list to pick from for the GF. I'm getting toey lads. The finals rust should have disappeared from all sides still competing and it should be a cracker at the Cattery tomorrow. There will be no drinking from behind glass as mentioned pre-season, but the hill will be packed with drunks again no doubt, cheering home their respective sides.

As big Kev would say (god rest his soul) ... I'M EXCITED!

Really???? What would you know clown??? :mad:

Sorry IMS, but that was the word I got also ovr the last couple of weeks, for some reason the Roo boys have been told to keep a lid on things. Just what I've been told. I rekon take the freakin lid off, get excited, you've got a massive chance of being invited to the BIG DANCE. Get past this week and anything can happen. You showed last week at Romesy that you can take it up to Riddell, just need to put 4 quarters together. GET ON THE ROOS:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Sorry IMS, but that was the word I got also ovr the last couple of weeks, for some reason the Roo boys have been told to keep a lid on things. Just what I've been told. I rekon take the freakin lid off, get excited, you've got a massive chance of being invited to the BIG DANCE. Get past this week and anything can happen. You showed last week at Romesy that you can take it up to Riddell, just need to put 4 quarters together. GET ON THE ROOS:thumbsu::thumbsu:

sign of things to come for you harry??

After deciding to play last week I reckon Harry should retire while he still has some dignity :p

Also the word going around is that Mr Giddings made some more changes to Woodend's line-up last night. My source from last week is currently interstate and unreachable, but I hope to get the info back to you by this arvo.

Sorry to disappoint you Harry, I will say what I want to say when I want to say it.. Just had a big couple of weeks with a new job and a Mrs in hospital.. So its been madness to say the least... :eek:

aren't we touchy? Hope the lads haven't been jumping at shadows this week like you seem to be.

Hmmm.. Aha.. Once again, a comment made with basis and justification... Well done... :rolleyes:

After deciding to play last week I reckon Harry should retire while he still has some dignity :p

Also the word going around is that Mr Giddings made some more changes to Woodend's line-up last night. My source from last week is currently interstate and unreachable, but I hope to get the info back to you by this arvo.

i know the big man stacey is out for woodend but i hope for both sides, they can both be as close to full strength as possible, hope its close all day as these 2 clubs have built up a bit of a solid rivalry of late, and it would be a great spectacle,

hats off to both clubs for being as dominant as they have been over the last 2 years, in 2005 they both performed ordinarily in the seniors and to turn into premiership contenders in a short amount of time is a great effort for each club, hopefully teams like macedon, melton, rockbank and lancefield can follow suit and give the league depth all the way down the ladder in coming years...

sign of things to come for you harry??

Firstly Catters, it's along pre-season and we never know what's around the corner. I would need a blood transfusion to clear all red and black blood from my veins before I could consider a move anywhere.

Secondly, it wasn't just my decision to play last week Pickles. Both myself, and the coaches ummed and aahhed about it for quite some time before the decision was made. Had another player not be impaired after last weeks U18's games, he would've played in my spot. This made the decision for me.

In my defence, I could run and jump with no worries prior to the game starting, it was the first contest I went into that, when I turned to tackle some one the ankle turned the wrong way and I re-ignited the problem. Hence the reason I sat on the bench for all but 4 minutes of the game. Sometimes the instict to play and the want to play overides what your body feels. You convince yourself that you can get through. With some injuries, you can and others you can't. Had I have had a shoulder injury or a hand injury, I would've played the whole game, but ankles are required to carry the whole weight and direction of the body. If I had my time again I would not have played.

As far as dignity is concerned, I think I have held myself pretty well within this league and I don't think my dignity would be questioned based on that one game. If so, fair enough, but I'll hold my head high as I'm proud of what I've acheived in my time in the RDFL.

As you may be able to tell, this has been a very touchy subject for me over the last week and it is something that will stay in the back of my mind for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly Catters, it's along pre-season and we never know what's around the corner. I would need a blood transfusion to clear all red and black blood from my veins before I could consider a move anywhere.

Secondly, it wasn't just my decision to play last week Pickles. Both myself, and the coaches ummed and aahhed about it for quite some time before the decision was made. Had another player not be impaired after last weeks U18's games, he would've played in my spot. This made the decision for me.

In my defence, I could run and jump with no worries prior to the game starting, it was the first contest I went into that, when I turned to tackle some one the ankle turned the wrong way and I re-ignited the problem. Hence the reason I sat on the bench for all but 4 minutes of the game. Sometimes the instict to play and the want to play overides what your body feels. You convince yourself that you can get through. With some injuries, you can and others you can't. Had I have had a shoulder injury or a hand injury, I would've played the whole game, but ankles are required to carry the whole weight and direction of the body. If I had my time again I would not have played.

As far as dignity is concerned, I think I have held myself pretty well within this league and I don't think my dignity would be questioned based on that one game. If so, fair enough, but I'll hold my head high as I'm proud of what I've acheived in my time in the RDFL.

As you may be able to tell, this has been a very touchy subject for me over the last week and it is something that will stay in the back of my mind for a long time.

Well said Harry, I was only having a gentle stir between mates and I know you wouldn't have played if you didn't think you could contribute. I can safely say that you will be at Romsey next year. No chance of you leaving.

Well said Harry, I was only having a gentle stir between mates and I know you wouldn't have played if you didn't think you could contribute. I can safely say that you will be at Romsey next year. No chance of you leaving.

I realise that you were stirring, which is fine, I guess I just wanted to clarify my position on the whole thing. You surround yourself with a lot of IF's BUT's and MAYBE's when things don't go to plan. For example, if Matt McLellan and myself had've been fit, in my opinion we would have won that game, but we weren't fit and we didn't win. By no means am I taking anything away from the effort the Romsey boys put into that game. But it was legs that cost us in the end, we ran out of them, my best assest is my speed and Macca's best asset is his ability to run all day. This may have been the difference in what was an absolute thrilling match. Remember, I stated that this was my opinion only.

As far as me staying at Romsey, it would be very difficult for me to leave. As you well know, I have family ties with the club and you know how WELL I get looked after;):rolleyes:

Good call Harry,it has been a huge couple of weeks with more to come.
Bonnici winning the Bowen (won a quid) and the 4 boys making the team of the year and Jarrod the coach,then the five sides making the finals,with three a huge chance of going all the way.
We as a club stated last year that this is not a one or two year plan,but a plan to make our club a power house on and off the field for many years to come and in hindsight we are heading in that direction.
In relation to being quiet,it is a good feeling for all concerned to soak up the atmosphere and save all our partying for next week.
Three or four years ago we would be reading predomatially negative things about our club and how good is it to read some of the comments over the last couple of years(thanks guys) in effect we are doing something right on and off the ground.
Good luck to all the teams left in the finals and hope to catch up for a few over the next couple of weeks.

Go ROOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometime ago I recall a few posts questioning the umpires association for sending their better umpires to the Ballarat League and Ammo's and neglecting the RDFL.

I spoke to a senior umpire today and they have been told by the Ballarat League that no RDFL umpire will be given a spot in their senior Grand Final, which is a first as far as I can recall...I believe the Rdfl umpires association are now looking at not supplying umpires to the Ballarat League next season, it will also mean that the very best umpires will do this years RDFL grand Final which is good for the league and should mean that the best umpires will do the RDFL games next season ..

Sometime ago I recall a few posts questioning the umpires association for sending their better umpires to the Ballarat League and Ammo's and neglecting the RDFL.

I spoke to a senior umpire today and they have been told by the Ballarat League that no RDFL umpire will be given a spot in their senior Grand Final, which is a first as far as I can recall...I believe the Rdfl umpires association are now looking at not supplying umpires to the Ballarat League next season, it will also mean that the very best umpires will do this years RDFL grand Final which is good for the league and should mean that the best umpires will do the RDFL games next season ..

You may see Harry running around in the orange next year;)

now this isn't the first time i've heard you hint at this hollywood, are you just starting rumors or will you be crossing to the "darkside" next year?

Lets hope he holds off for a while yet. Still has plenty to contribute as a player and I reckon he has one more senior premiership in him at Romsey. I hear rumours that this could be the makeup of Romsey's side next year:

B: J. Moore, W. Kairns, L. Baker.
HB: P. Brady, T. Cox, D. Carroll.
C: C. Wilson, C. Dawson, L. Carroll.
HF: B. Nettlebeck, A. Meldrum, J. Binney.
F: B. Richmond, S. Burlak, B. John.
R: R. Connellan, B. Morgan, D. Harrison.
I: M. McCarthy, D. Hartley, P. Evans, J. McGregor.

If this side hits the park the Redbacks will go awfully close. Stick around for another couple Harry

now this isn't the first time i've heard you hint at this hollywood, are you just starting rumors or will you be crossing to the "darkside" next year?

Lets hope he holds off for a while yet. Still has plenty to contribute as a player and I reckon he has one more senior premiership in him at Romsey. I hear rumours that this could be the makeup of Romsey's side next year:

B: J. Moore, W. Kairns, L. Baker.
HB: P. Brady, T. Cox, D. Carroll.
C: C. Wilson, C. Dawson, L. Carroll.
HF: B. Nettlebeck, A. Meldrum, J. Binney.
F: B. Richmond, S. Burlak, B. John.
R: R. Connellan, B. Morgan, D. Harrison.
I: M. McCarthy, D. Hartley, P. Evans, J. McGregor.

If this side hits the park the Redbacks will go awfully close. Stick around for another couple Harry

Ideally I'd love to play until I was 40, but the reality is with a young family and an ageing body I probably have around 2-3 more years. After that I would suspect my pace will drop right off and I'll only have the so called "footy smarts" left to carry me through. This is something I don't have a lot of. let alone enough to carry me through. I definately will seriously consider the "dark side" option when I finish playing. I get along pretty well with the umpires and it's a bloody hard job. I think that I may have something to offer when I'm done on the field kicking the pigskin around.

Umpire 22, did you and I have a chat during the final at Romsey last week?

One other thing, if that side does hit the park next year, we won't go awfully close, we'll win it by 10 goals!! Not a bad outfit. Hope your mails right Pickles. Just have a look at the names running down the spine; Kairns (Team of the year 2 years running), Cox (unlucky not to be mentioned for team of the year and tuff as nails), Cam Dawson (arguably the best performed player to step out of last years 18's), Al Meldrum (Bowen Medalist, need I say anymore?), Steve Burlak (probably, when on song the most dominant forward in the game) and Morgan (doesn't need anyone to explain his abilities). Let's wait and see.

One other thing, if that side does hit the park next year, we won't go awfully close, we'll win it by 10 goals!! Not a bad outfit. Hope your mails right Pickles. Just have a look at the names running down the spine; Kairns (Team of the year 2 years running), Cox (unlucky not to be mentioned for team of the year and tuff as nails), Cam Dawson (arguably the best performed player to step out of last years 18's), Al Meldrum (Bowen Medalist, need I say anymore?), Steve Burlak (probably, when on song the most dominant forward in the game) and Morgan (doesn't need anyone to explain his abilities). Let's wait and see.

No doubt Romsey will be trying to lure former guns back to the side and retain this year's playing list. If I were the recruiting manager down there I would be trying to get three players: a quick midfielder, an in-and-under midfielder, and another goalkicker (smaller forward though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back