RDFL Thread 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
kilmore beat diggers by 2 points, good start to season for the blues 3 in a row, good game next week at kilmore vs sunbury!

Great to see Kilmore with another win. Also good to see Cornish with a few goals, looks like his had a great start to the year and another ex wallan player Tomsky in the best. Looks Like all the Wallan boys from last year are doing there bit for the team.

agree would have to say that woodend would be odds on by a mile not many sides are going to get close to them this year.

agree would have to say that woodend would be odds on by a mile not many sides are going to get close to them this year.

I have to say that although I think the Hawks have the best list in the competition they have yet to be tested against good opposition on a large ground.

The results of games they play at Romsey and Kilmore will be a good indicator.

Having Darko as their main target won't win em a GF either, no matter how good Salpy plays.

I have to say that although I think the Hawks have the best list in the competition they have yet to be tested against good opposition on a large ground.

The results of games they play at Romsey and Kilmore will be a good indicator.

Having Darko as their main target won't win em a GF either, no matter how good Salpy plays.

Matt, I thought Darko was pretty good in the finals last year! Done a preseason this year and started to catch a few yesterday, I think the Riddell game showed he doesnt neccessarily have to catch them himself as the other team are pretty keen to get three or four back. If the midfield uses the ball he will be more than a handy asset..

Cant see Lacy or Barker playing unless they both get the a*&^ from the present employment. Woodend won by about 14 goals yesterday. Enjoyed the space on the massive Melton ground..

Like it was said last year in the finals he was hard to match up on, Similar size to A.James but i think Darkos main problem was his kicking let him down, if he kicks straight could be very dangerous up forward.

I thought that with the return of Jose, Diggers would have been hard to beat at home. I didn't realise Sims wasn't playing. Was he the only major out for Diggers.
What happened in the second half? Any injuries or were Kilmore just to good and fitness got them over the line, Great win for the Blues.

Like it was said last year in the finals he was hard to match up on, Similar size to A.James but i think Darkos main problem was his kicking let him down, if he kicks straight could be very dangerous up forward.
James is about 6 foot 2, Darko is about 6 foot 10.

I thought that with the return of Jose, Diggers would have been hard to beat at home. I didn't realise Sims wasn't playing. Was he the only major out for Diggers.
What happened in the second half? Any injuries or were Kilmore just to good and fitness got them over the line, Great win for the Blues.

A couple of injuries to kilmore goudge went off n didnt go back did something to his ankle looked very gingerly at the pub last night, heard that strayney had a bad ankle as well. jason king nullified jose from all reports!

i think Kilmore just started to make the most of the opportunities in the 3rd term, where as in the second when Diggers got out by 5 goals the Blues were just wasteful, but like last year it was yet another close game between 2 well matched sides, and hopefully my nails down take the same sort of punishment next week!!!

we atcually had 5-6 first team players out yesterday (sims, bull, clarke, b.green, Mcchewka , Nolan) but thats no excuse kilmore are a very good side and the second half was the robertson show , i seen first hand how good the bloke is and have to say that IMS was pretty spot on the mark when he said he is one of the best in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This takes my mind back to the late 90's mate , when opposition teams at Macedon would walk into the rooms and be confronted with the writing on the wall, which went something like " Ashes to Ashes Dust to Dust if Polly dont get you then Deano must " .:thumbsu:

the good old days big fella.yeah polly wrote that.i think he wrote it the day b4 we played u guys.by memory we wore the same number on our jumpers me and u

Mongrel how did that old body of yours pull up , how did you go and did you play ones or twos ??

we atcually had 5-6 first team players out yesterday (sims, bull, clarke, b.green, Mcchewka , Nolan) but thats no excuse kilmore are a very good side and the second half was the robertson show , i seen first hand how good the bloke is and have to say that IMS was pretty spot on the mark when he said he is one of the best in the league.
Noticed Bev played 2's last week. Form? Other commitments? Why is it so?

Noticed Bev played 2's last week. Form? Other commitments? Why is it so?

Too good of a player to NOT be playing senior footy. Wake up to yourself's selection commitee if you dropped him. No wonder your losing.
Same with Chewy, even if he only came back from overseas he warrants automatic selection. Shame Shame Shame. Maybe it's time for a Extraordinary General Meeting for a clean out?????

Mongrel how did that old body of yours pull up , how did you go and did you play ones or twos ??

played in the twos ballsy.the old body pulled up fine.as youd expect with the pre season i put in i did it pretty easy.didnt go too hard,but ill step it up this week against kilmore.but the aim is to be ready for the big clash against woodend the following week.

Too good of a player to NOT be playing senior footy. Wake up to yourself's selection commitee if you dropped him. No wonder your losing.
Same with Chewy, even if he only came back from overseas he warrants automatic selection. Shame Shame Shame. Maybe it's time for a Extraordinary General Meeting for a clean out?????

You squeezer...

Chewy has not played a game all year (including practice matches), he got off a plane on the friday before the game. Lucky to play in the 2's IMO. So he is a fair way behind the others.

You have no idea.

RDFL rumours ... with Matt Nicholls

LEAGUE MOVING?
I HEARD last week that the Riddell District Football League is investigating a move to Diggers Rest.
Sources say that RDFL general manager Scott McCartney was having discussions with the Melton Shire to create a new sports administration centre.
The league and the shire recently worked together on creating a second oval behind the main oval, which is bigger than the one currently occupied by Diggers Rest football and cricket clubs.
The wind has always been gusty at Diggers Rest, and it is believed that discussions are already in place to create a wind shield.
There is also speculation that the Sunbury Kangaroos will play home games on the second oval this season as their base at Boardman Oval is currently suffering from the drought.
If a move happens, expect it to be very lucrative for the competition.
GOING TOO FAR?
Junior football often gets a bad reputation because of over-competitive parents, but what about this story I heard?
Three weekends ago when we got all that rain, RDFL junior football matches at Rupertswood in Sunbury were abandoned. The school’s curator said that over 30ml (120 points) of rain had fallen and he didn’t want the kids wrecking the ground after months of hard work.
Now Rupertswood’s opponents want the points! We won’t name the club but the kids aren’t playing for sheep stations.
People need to be reminded every now and again that junior football is about fun and developing our youth. While there is a finals series and a premiership to be played for, adults shouldn’t forget why we play the game.
Scott McCartney confirmed the RDFL was trying to reschedule the game, and was not going to award points to either side at this stage.
ANZAC GAME
Kilmore and Sunbury Kangaroos may become the new Collingwood and Essendon as the Blues and Roos discuss playing an Anzac Day match next season.
Next year April 25 falls on a Friday, with the following two years on Saturday and Sunday.
Bendigo Football League clubs Castlemaine and Kangaroo Flat experimented with an Anzac Day the match this season and received terrific community support.
With the help of district RSLs and the RDFL, the Kilmore and Sunbury Kangaroos clashes could be a highlight of the competition.
Don't know were you get your information from matt but if you asked the right people you would find that the idea of an ANZC GAME was floated to the league this year betwen WOODEND HESKET vs MACEDON the only thing that stopped it was being Mid week I am sure the Hawks & Cats are still keen to persue the idea and reap the rewards of the seeds they have sewn:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back