RDFL Thread 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hes not too far away but our boys are doing pretty well without him so far will be interesting to see when best 22 line up. Im sure few others are in the same boat.

Went down the raod and watched a bit or Romsey saturday, vs macedon. The moved it alright and might be a fair contender. Mclellan is real top on ballerand morgan looked fit kicked a couple good goals. Burlak maybe be a overrated from what ive heard but he is still quality and young bloke they called harro went alright I thought they might struggle this year with the loss of Meldrum Strack and Carrol X 2, but they look alright.
The cats looked competitve at some times. Very young looking group.

hey there sunquist u seem 2 know a bit bout sippy, if u know how hes going one wud asume that ur invoved in the club- supporter or sumthing. how u involved???

why would u go n watch romsey? unless u were talent watching???
so when should we see sippy back?

Good news for Lancefield, Chris Collins back on the track, could play as early as this week.

I hope 4 Lancefields sake that he doesn't rush back early and risk any further damage. He is only young and has plenty of footy ahead of him. Hopefully he will only play when he is 100%. There is no doubt however that they need him out there especially now that pickles is out for the year. Changing the subject, it should be a good game at Kilmore this weekend.

that is one of the best calls u have done nicho, that is right on the spot, he was a proven performer against the weaker teams and a shadow of himself when matched up with a decent opponent, he has bee like that since his days in th 18's.
Lee James was a gun and it didnt matter who lioned up on him he was always going to kick goals, but thta was alsoa confidence thing, he knew he was the best goal kicker and riddell knew/thort they were the best team (last 2 flags say enuff) so they feared no-one and played that style of football.

Hmmm...

Too good of a player to NOT be playing senior footy. Wake up to yourself's selection commitee if you dropped him. No wonder your losing.
Same with Chewy, even if he only came back from overseas he warrants automatic selection. Shame Shame Shame. Maybe it's time for a Extraordinary General Meeting for a clean out?????

Extraordinary meeting????????????? Are you kidding me????? I got dropped because of VERY poor form. I was not doing the job the coaches wanted me to be doing and paid the price.
There is no point keeping an out of form player in a key backline position in the ones. Very costly for the team. Send them back to the twos to find form and do the things required to earn your spot back. They made the correct decision in my book.
But i will work my arse off to get back into the seniors.

Extraordinary meeting????????????? Are you kidding me????? I got dropped because of VERY poor form. I was not doing the job the coaches wanted me to be doing and paid the price.
There is no point keeping an out of form player in a key backline position in the ones. Very costly for the team. Send them back to the twos to find form and do the things required to earn your spot back. They made the correct decision in my book.

very galent of u bev.but lets look at it from a different perspective.
diggers lost by 2 points,you are their key backman.its a very tight race for the finals this year.dropping u may be a contributig factor in diggers missing finals?key players in this league who have a few bad games come good by pushing a bit harder the next week.there is no point having u run around in the magoos,especially when your playing a quality side.
good luck in the ones this week pal:thumbsu:

Bevan I know how you think and your being very careful of what you say. I know how devestated you would of been. Your VERY worst form in the seniors would be super form in the Diggers 2's backline. Only other i see being anywhere close to you in heart and passion would be Paul Downey and that alone would of given Diggers the win against Kilmore in the 1's. A few more of the seniors should take a leaf out of your book and find some heart and passion.

key players in this league who have a few bad games come good by pushing a bit harder the next week.there is no point having u run around in the magoos,especially when your playing a quality side.

So Deano what were you doing running around in the 2's against Rockbank then. Would you have got a better run playing a higher paced more skilled game in the seniors?

So Deano what were you doing running around in the 2's against Rockbank then. Would you have got a better run playing a higher paced more skilled game in the seniors?

just a team rule blueboy.the focus this yaer is to make sure im 100 percent right come finals time.fortunately 4 me my body has come good much quicker than expected.also i would never want a player to lose his spot just coz im back from injury.the team is winning and doing it fairly easy at this stage.i will find it very hard to play seniors this week coz all the players performed great on the weekend.but if i do play this weekend
ill turn it on 4 ya.
as 4 your question,yes seniors would have been better last week but at least i proved my fitness and cruised thru with absolute ease.this is not the start 2 the season that i had hoped 4,but the way my body is going i know i will have a massive impact soon.

Did not expect to see the current ladder positions 4 games in!!! Here's my predictions for the next few weeks;
Sunbury will crack and lose their next 2 games which will drop them back into the race for finals. Just cant imagine them finishing in top 2.
Woodend are the powerhouse of 2007! i said it from the start and ill stick by my word! Be prepared to see the hawks take control over the coming rounds
Riddell are dangerous, and may send the odd msg to the rdfl in 2007
Romsey are another team with the potential to give the league a real shake!
Kilmore will drop off the pace and battle for finals
Diggers rest would be as shocked as myself, if u refer to my previous posts i might have picked them for top 2? anyway would love to see the burra finish in a top 2 position but just cant see it! Will battle for a finals spot with sunbury and kilmore.

These are the 6 teams battling for a finals spot! Melton and lancefield may cause the occasional upset but will not be any major cause for concern.

Did not expect to see the current ladder positions 4 games in!!! Here's my predictions for the next few weeks;
Sunbury will crack and lose their next 2 games which will drop them back into the race for finals. Just cant imagine them finishing in top 2.
Woodend are the powerhouse of 2007! i said it from the start and ill stick by my word! Be prepared to see the hawks take control over the coming rounds
Diggers rest would be as shocked as myself, if u refer to my previous posts i might have picked them for top 2? anyway would love to see the burra finish in a top 2 position but just cant see it! Will battle for a finals spot with sunbury and kilmore.

These are the 6 teams battling for a finals spot! Melton and lancefield may cause the occasional upset but will not be any major cause for concern.
I personally don't think the ladder will change much between now and the end of the season! I think Woodend will be outright top (currently equal, but 2nd on percentage) and Romsey may finish above Riddell. But I reckon the line currently drawn between top 5 and bottom 5 is a wall that won't be crossed for the remainder of the year.

of course bev would be upset to be dropped, hes a proud man. but he is also an honest footballer and would always admit when he isnt playing well. i dont think hes being careful just honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

at sunbury we dont mind people not rating us.
but ill ask u this,have u actually seen us play this year?
easy to ride us off without even watching us.this is the most talented team the kangas have ever fielded.keep riding us off please.
coz this side is better than the riddell of last year.big call i know,but keep watching and youull see

easy to ride us off without even watching us.this is the most talented team the kangas have ever fielded.keep riding us off please.
coz this side is better than the riddell of last year.big call i know,but keep watching and youull see

I have watched them twice this season, and I do agree with Mongrel that it would be the most talented side the club has ever put on a ground and most of all the are exciting to watch, even when they are 149 points up there is still excitment in the game,

I think you might be right re being better than last years Riddell side, however I'm not sure your better than this years Woodend side. Can't wait for the first meeting between the Roos and the Hawks. Should be a cracker!

Sorry mongrel but i cant see that being the case that many teams /people will right off Sunbury i would have thought given there start to the year it will be a case of sunbury becoming the huntered and not the hunter. Its very early in teh season and im sure the line at the club is one week at a time but i dare to suggest that Sunbury will defaintly be top 3 if not higher.. 4-0 is a great start in anyones language....

Sorry mongrel but i cant see that being the case that many teams /people will right off Sunbury i would have thought given there start to the year it will be a case of sunbury becoming the huntered and not the hunter. Its very early in teh season and im sure the line at the club is one week at a time but i dare to suggest that Sunbury will defaintly be top 3 if not higher.. 4-0 is a great start in anyones language....

no arguments from me billy.and joeblow i reckon your right,woodend are a powerhouse.will be a massive game

Billy apparently not according to OM28!!!

Just a sign of how strong sides are in the area at the minute

Sunbury Kangaroos 4-0
Sunbury Lions 3-0
Rupo 3-0
Gisborne 2-0

Billy apparently not according to OM28!!!

Just a sign of how strong sides are in the area at the minute

Sunbury Kangaroos 4-0
Sunbury Lions 3-0
Rupo 3-0
Gisborne 2-0

Its all about Opinions i have mine , OM28 has theirs and you and mongrel have yours, thats what makes life so grand we all have differing opinions. Come september we will see who was closer to the $$$$. In regards to BG im predicting a return in 2 weeks and ive never hidden the fact of my opinion that he is the best CHB in the business in RDFL so look out for first a return from injury and a return to form from the him. But i can tell you now when he does return 2 good footy youll have your critics say ohh he should have never been dropped in the 1st place.

Its all about Opinions i have mine , OM28 has theirs and you and mongrel have yours, thats what makes life so grand we all have differing opinions. Come september we will see who was closer to the $$$$. In regards to BG im predicting a return in 2 weeks and ive never hidden the fact of my opinion that he is the best CHB in the business in RDFL so look out for first a return from injury and a return to form from the him. But i can tell you now when he does return 2 good footy youll have your critics say ohh he should have never been dropped in the 1st place.

thats true billy.but all i was saying is people shouldnt judge a side if they havent seen them play

How good is this Sunbury to drop the next two,that might happen(debatable) but people talking about us as a finals contender is enough to make us happy.
Our plan is nowhere near as long as Terry Wallace and we are on track to get there in the near future,both on and off the field.

OM28 is just as entitled to his opinion as everyone else!!! And i stick by my guns!

here are my tips for round 5;

Diggers will try to repair their damaged season and regain opposition respect, and altohugh this may happen the 4 points will not! woodend by 7 points

Kilmore's ground will host the end of sunburys dream run...just as it did in the 2006 final. kilmore 16 points

Riddell over melton with ease. 81points

Romsey by an amount too large to disclose.

Lancefield over macedon 45points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back