RDFL Thread 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know were you get your information from matt but if you asked the right people you would find that the idea of an ANZC GAME was floated to the league this year betwen WOODEND HESKET vs MACEDON the only thing that stopped it was being Mid week I am sure the Hawks & Cats are still keen to persue the idea and reap the rewards of the seeds they have sewn:confused:

Kilmore have been trying for a long time and I confirmed with Scott McCartney that the Roos were keen too. I am aware of Macedon and Woodend-Hesket's plan for the Anzac game also.

Came one night (didn't train) and disappeared. No big loss

thats fair enuf to say hes no big loss seeing he hasnt been there.
all the same i rate him as a player and definately as a bloke.
hey blueboy you are copping a bit of backlash from burra land.
i dont know the circumstances so i wont judge,but i do agree that bev is
a great backman and should definately be playing seniors.has a lot of hardness about him.i didnt like his cheapshot at jobe in round1, but if he was in my team i would have loved it.

Big call x_box_x saying the kangeroos will be premiers i would like to be on woodend at the moment, i cant see anyone to get near them, still got Nga,johnston,cunick,patterson and then if lacy and barker come back they will be unbeateble.

woodend are definately flag favourites at this very early stage of the year.and from all reports they are an awesome outfit.but they havent played anybody yet.and yes they supposedly have some guns to come back in.but u can only play 22 players,not 32.not meaning to sound
sarcastic,theres just a very long way to go.riddell are still in 2nd gear,
diggers are far from full strength,romsey are a fantastic side this year and the kangas are travelling well too.as for our opponents this week,kilmore look to be the big improvers.and will test every side

woodend are definately flag favourites at this very early stage of the year.and from all reports they are an awesome outfit.but they havent played anybody yet.and yes they supposedly have some guns to come back in.but u can only play 22 players,not 32.not meaning to sound
sarcastic,theres just a very long way to go.riddell are still in 2nd gear,
diggers are far from full strength,romsey are a fantastic side this year and the kangas are travelling well too.as for our opponents this week,kilmore look to be the big improvers.and will test every side
agree with all you say mongrel although with the lack of recruits at the burra they should struggle this year.

Too good of a player to NOT be playing senior footy. Wake up to yourself's selection commitee if you dropped him. No wonder your losing.
Same with Chewy, even if he only came back from overseas he warrants automatic selection. Shame Shame Shame. Maybe it's time for a Extraordinary General Meeting for a clean out?????

We had a clean out @ the start of the year.WE GOT RID OF YOU U MORON

Looking at stats of goal-kicking .. Payne still hasnt kicked more than 3 (in a game) ??? ... Is there a new scoring target at burra land or are teams just more aware of paynes capabilities?

Looking at stats of goal-kicking .. Payne still hasnt kicked more than 3 (in a game) ??? ... Is there a new scoring target at burra land or are teams just more aware of paynes capabilities?

Or lack of.

Payne used to kick lots in a season because the Burra midfielders could hit him on the *** 15 times against Rockbank etc. and even I could mark a couple of those. So he would get big bags against the weaker mobs. Against strong opposition he would have half the delivery and a better opponent so he wouldn't kick many.

Lee James just needed the ball somewhere in the vicinity and he would snatch it.

Kilmore have been trying for a long time and I confirmed with Scott McCartney that the Roos were keen too. I am aware of Macedon and Woodend-Hesket's plan for the Anzac game also.

Well matt it would have been nice if you acknowledged this early and if it does happen it should be a match between the instigators Macedon and Woodend

Hey Billylid, I see Pistol has departed the Burra for the roos. Wouldn't have thought he would have had any trouble getting a game in the 2's at the Burra, which is all he'll do at Sunbury. Any rift there?

My understanding with Bevan is he was dropped as a wake up call with his footy and has since injured his knee. Sometimes you have to do this to get there and the seniors players attention to say there is no certanties for senior selection. Apparently his form was poor in recent weeks. So BEV get on your bike train the house down find form in the twos and get back into the seniors they need you.

Some ripper matches on this weekend including Woodend-Hesket v Diggers Rest and Macedon v Lancefield - but the one that will have me on Saturday is the Kilmore and Sunbury Kangaroos clash.

Big test for both sides.

If the Blues I'll seal them in for a top five berth, with Diggers to miss out.

The Roos will be looking to remain undefeated also, with top spot just about assuring a berth in the RDFL grand final.

A full preview to come later in the week.

if we can get 3 a week off chris is has played all but the 1st game Across half forward it would be defiantly a win.. Alot of players have been rotated through FF so you could say there are alot of new scoring targets

Hey Billylid, I see Pistol has departed the Burra for the roos. Wouldn't have thought he would have had any trouble getting a game in the 2's at the Burra, which is all he'll do at Sunbury. Any rift there?

Honestly no idea , IMS would know more then me but i was flabbastered to see Matty turning out for Kangaroos. And no thats not a personal dig at the kangaroos i just thought matty enjoy playing for the burra

(Log in to remove this ad.)

l_1c475c7d234f54303ce4df2aeac092ac.jpg

26/5/2007 - More information via http://www.myspace.com/sunburykangaroos

or at

http://sunburykangaroos.footballvic.com.au

Why should he? The bloke is very good at what he does as his living!!! People only give curry to people who they are jelous of.....

Good on him and a number of us are going to his gig this weekend to promote awareness for youth suicide!!!!

Well there ya go housey! sorry mate i didnt really read much into the page just glanced across it the other day n remembered, would go alrite with the ladies being a singer ey?

Well there ya go housey! sorry mate i didnt really read much into the page just glanced across it the other day n remembered, would go alrite with the ladies being a singer ey?

Nah, its sweet mate all good! Um people just don't understand what he does it for and what he raises money for thats all! As far as the ladies as concerned he does well for himself let's put it that way!!!

Sorry BIGPAWS, but i think ppl would prefer to go watch a contest in Blues v Roos rather than watch Woodend train around withces hats dressed in blue and white hoops

Woodend thought that in 06 at mcg I think!!!!
Cats may be depleted this year, we all go thru ups and downs , how long ago did Riddell go under ????

when the day arrives that u can drink bourbon behind the glass at the m.c.g, i think youll find that the cattery will be right up there again.
i might even come back in an off field role halffull.
any barman needed?

Duffy, you tell Dayson (hawker28) to stock up in supplies, the boys are coming up in force this weekend? 'We got a great big convoy'!!!

Tell Goudge to get of the KFC, from all reports since Wallan has purchased a KFC, Adam has become quite the resident.

thats fair enuf to say hes no big loss seeing he hasnt been there.
all the same i rate him as a player and definately as a bloke.
hey blueboy you are copping a bit of backlash from burra land.
i dont know the circumstances so i wont judge,but i do agree that bev is
a great backman and should definately be playing seniors.has a lot of hardness about him.i didnt like his cheapshot at jobe in round1, but if he was in my team i would have loved it.

BB Loves the Diggers backlash. Keep it coming.

Whats the go with Sipthorp ? Is he still injured ? not training ?

hes not too far away but our boys are doing pretty well without him so far will be interesting to see when best 22 line up. Im sure few others are in the same boat.

Went down the raod and watched a bit or Romsey saturday, vs macedon. The moved it alright and might be a fair contender. Mclellan is real top on ballerand morgan looked fit kicked a couple good goals. Burlak maybe be a overrated from what ive heard but he is still quality and young bloke they called harro went alright I thought they might struggle this year with the loss of Meldrum Strack and Carrol X 2, but they look alright.
The cats looked competitve at some times. Very young looking group.

Or lack of.

Payne used to kick lots in a season because the Burra midfielders could hit him on the *** 15 times against Rockbank etc. and even I could mark a couple of those. So he would get big bags against the weaker mobs. Against strong opposition he would have half the delivery and a better opponent so he wouldn't kick many.

Lee James just needed the ball somewhere in the vicinity and he would snatch it.

that is one of the best calls u have done nicho, that is right on the spot, he was a proven performer against the weaker teams and a shadow of himself when matched up with a decent opponent, he has bee like that since his days in th 18's.
Lee James was a gun and it didnt matter who lioned up on him he was always going to kick goals, but thta was alsoa confidence thing, he knew he was the best goal kicker and riddell knew/thort they were the best team (last 2 flags say enuff) so they feared no-one and played that style of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back