RDFL Thread 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OM28 is just as entitled to his opinion as everyone else!!! And i stick by my guns!

here are my tips for round 5;

Diggers will try to repair their damaged season and regain opposition respect, and altohugh this may happen the 4 points will not! woodend by 7 points

Kilmore's ground will host the end of sunburys dream run...just as it did in the 2006 final. kilmore 16 points

Riddell over melton with ease. 81points

Romsey by an amount too large to disclose.

Lancefield over macedon 45points

That's right, OM is clearly entitled to his opinion people... No matter whether right or wrong.... Good luck to you sir :thumbsu:

Who is this guy?

Has not been seen on here since last year only 'pipping up' to bag Sunbury!
You blokes must have cut him rough?

What i want to know is that this bloke claims to have interest inside our comp and havaing margins on games n teams he hasn't watched this year!!

If you want opinion to be heard champ, you have to justify your reasoning? Simply can't say sides are just going to drop games and sides will have a dip this week, i think you will find Diggers have been, just lack depth with injury and form at the minute!

As for us Woodend, they have had a good run and handy pick up 'Yes', but you can't forget from Riddell, Sunbury, Kilmore!

What have you seen this year?

Still @ Bernads ;)

I hear that woodend have a couple of key players who are fit and have not even played(or atleast for 2 or 3 weeks) as they are walking kakoda at the moment. should be back in the next week or 2. Also hear they have a gun from the ammos(c grade b and f winner) who has not played yet as well as sippy. They must be red hot favs with these players still to come back in.

Do you honestly think there's reasoning behind ALL peaks and troths during a footy season?If i think a certain team will perform better on a gut feeling from referring to previous games ill say it!

And don't call me champ...son!

The Tyntynder F.C in the Central Murray Football League (previously Mid Murray Football League) is having a reunion this weekend 18th, 19th & 20th of May at their clubrooms in Swan Hill. We will be acknowleging the premiership sides of the mid 80's but any player, supporter etc is welcome to attend this great weekend. If you would like more info you can contact keg18wilson@hotmail.com or ring the clubrooms on 03 50322974

I hear that woodend have a couple of key players who are fit and have not even played(or atleast for 2 or 3 weeks) as they are walking kakoda at the moment. should be back in the next week or 2. Also hear they have a gun from the ammos(c grade b and f winner) who has not played yet as well as sippy. They must be red hot favs with these players still to come back in.

Ant has 'Dan' trained yet? Heard from a close source that he can't be bothered even playing this year and that he just wants a year off? And that the only reason he signed was becuase it was a family thing they have got going at Woodend with his old man on the board and mum and sis part of the netball? I know he trained once and was still sore couple weeks back, has he been sighted since?

Ant has 'Dan' trained yet? Heard from a close source that he can't be bothered even playing this year and that he just wants a year off? And that the only reason he signed was becuase it was a family thing they have got going at Woodend with his old man on the board and mum and sis part of the netball? I know he trained once and was still sore couple weeks back, has he been sighted since?

I am not actually at the club I just know a few blokes who are so I couldn't give you much detail. I have heard he is injured. As far as I know he is still playing. You are correct about his family they are very much a part of the club.
Spoke to someone yesterday from woodend who said the bloke from the ammos who they picked up is a dead set star and should dominate.

Romsey Vs Rockbank
The Redbacks have started the season strongly, only dropping the one game to the Roos, last week against Macedon had another big win.
The Rams were very good in the first quarter last week, they have a lot to look forward to with some good young kids with ability, they just need to work harder for longer.
Romsey comfortably by 80pts

Riddell Vs Melton Central
Danger game for the Bombers, they will not want to take Centrals lightly, the Bombers had some of thier big guns in the best last week and were missing Leigh Coles, will be looking to consolodate thier ladder position this week.
Centrals have been inconsistent so far this year. A narrow win against Rockbank, 2 reasonable losses to Kilmore and Romsey have them looking ok at this stage, they will need to step up this week though and really attack the football to challenge last years premiers.
Riddell by 55pts

Macedon FC Vs Lancefield.
The Cats are improving every week, after the 1st quarter against Romsey the young Cats matched the Redbacks, Azza Christianson, James Wright and Ryan Toholka are the keys for the Cats this week.
The Tigers have had a rough start to the year after thier Round 1 win against Rockbank, the loss of Collins has hurt, but the experienced players started to step it up last week against Riddell. This game will be a good game to watch with some of the stars of the future playing.
Lancefield by 25pts

Woodend/Hesket Vs Diggers Rest
The Hawks are travelling along beautifully at the moment and face a test this week in the Preliminary Final rematch from last year. Young Hawks Matt Stacey and Brendan Fennell have started the season well and will look to keep the Hawks unbeaten run alive on Saturday.
The Burra have struggled to step onto the park with a full list so far this season. Jose has returned to the lineup but Sims was sorely missed against Kilmore but should return this week after putting in some hard yards on the track. Watch for the Burra to give this an almighty crack.
Woodend/Hesket by 20pts.

Match of the Round
Kilmore Vs Sunbury Kangaroos
The Blues have been the talk of the comp early season and this week come up against another side that will test thier mettle.
Matty Robertson has so far dominated the competition (Hate to say I told you so) and will again look to lead his side to a win, the underrated Goudge has had a flyer early and Kilmore will look to get as much out of the middle as they can.
The Roos have been travelling along nicely, with an even balance across the field the Roos have had an early impact this year and have now become one of the hunted sides along with Riddell and Woodend/Hesket.
The Roos will need everything they can get out of thier players this week in order to get over Kilmore.
Roos to win.

What club is he from?

No idea , he just said he was from c grade and won a b and f. I think he may have even said a league b and f. There are some pretty handy players in c grade ammos at the top end so he must be very good. Other than that I know nothing about the guy. Dont even know if he is a tall or small. If he is any good you should know his name soon enough I guess.

c grade ammos woopdeedoo

There are 7 divisions in ammos footy so C grade is actually pretty good footy. Especially the top end players. Have you ever seen a c grade game?? Even in d3 and d4 ammos there have been some pretty handy players(and some very ordinary players) who have played at much higher levels. I can assure you if a player had won a b and f(league or club) in c grade he will be a very very good rdfl player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you honestly think there's reasoning behind ALL peaks and troths during a footy season?If i think a certain team will perform better on a gut feeling from referring to previous games ill say it!

And don't call me champ...son!
OM,keep us interested and everyone has an opinion and how boring if we were all robots.
In regards to peaks and troths,with the top six sides,i reckon injuries will play a huge role in the fight for the finals.
Great couple of weeks of footy coming up and then in hindsight we can all make comments.

Im looking at what i have seen @ Rupertswood as a C Grade club and a best n fairest winner there would be Tom West, Justin Phillips or even Ryan Monzell! You put them against your top mid fielders in the RDFL eg your likes of a Sims, Roo, Gruby, Sipthorpe, McLellan, Edwards, Bellville, Bonnici and you start to think whether they are at the same level!

Im not starting this comparing thing again but its two complete styles of football, they will be quicker. But this comp is more congestive around packs and not as free flowing as some VAFA games! Our mid fielders in this comp have become tuned to the style and thats what makes them exceptional players to this style of game! The RDFL is more physically body hitting in and under stopage style of play!

He may be a gun, and a handy pick up but it will take a couple of weeks even maybe next year before he adapts to the style, not so much pace ( but from all reports last weeks Kilmore V Diggers was very quick) and physical pressure from the likes of the above blokes! Bets of luck to him!

And i imagine Sippy will have the same issues, but his style of game @ Gisborne will suit the RDFL to a treat when fit and ready!

New signing this week @ Lancefield of a Andrew Wallace can anyone inlight with some info? Is this the bloke from Gisborne who was a fair player in the juniors and 18's about 8 years ago? Bears same era of juniors and 18's as you i believe, any info?

My tips for Round 5

Riddell - 50 points
Diggers - 15
Lancefield - 30
Romsey - 110 ( The Rams under a structered game plan and another 2/3 pick ups would be a suprise!!!
Sunbury by 25 in a ripper!!!

Tomorrow bring ya snorkels and flippers housey!(but leave ya bikini at home coz the sun won't be out :p) it hasnt stopped raining since 3 this morning! will be a low scoring game tomorrow arvo at kilmore but still a good viewing.
I think it is highly possible that we will witness a draw this weekend.

To Joeblow and Hawker28 i have done some research on the 16 week rule with other leagues and ours. Your existing suspensions still count so if you have had a total of 12weeks suspension you only have 4 weeks up your sleeve any more and deregistered.The clean slate meant that if you have more than 16weeks prior to this year you are still eligible to play, although your next suspension though means deregistered from this league and all other leagues associated with the AFL. The leagues keep a record of suspensions in all leagues. You have the right to appeal to the league and it is up to there discretion as to what happens from there. I hope this clears it up a bit. Boys becareful !!

To Joeblow and Hawker28 i have done some research on the 16 week rule with other leagues and ours. Your existing suspensions still count so if you have had a total of 12weeks suspension you only have 4 weeks up your sleeve any more and deregistered.The clean slate meant that if you have more than 16weeks prior to this year you are still eligible to play, although your next suspension though means deregistered from this league and all other leagues associated with the AFL. The leagues keep a record of suspensions in all leagues. You have the right to appeal to the league and it is up to there discretion as to what happens from there. I hope this clears it up a bit. Boys becareful !!

Correct :thumbsu:

Our system needs to be reviewed very, very quickly!!! The RDFL umpires need to address whats reportable and whats not for starters! Some things need to be cleared up!!!! Doing a great job mind yout his year!!!:thumbsu: ;)

Our system needs to be reviewed very, very quickly!!! The RDFL umpires need to address whats reportable and whats not for starters! Some things need to be cleared up!!!! Doing a great job mind yout his year!!!:thumbsu: ;)

how can a player find out how many suspensions he has accumulated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back