RDFL Thread 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry about watching out for one player watch out for all of them...... Salpy is the man who bill back the goals.

Sounds as though nothin different has changed at Centrals, still wanting to 'blue' all the time.

What sort of building is the RDFL considering here, are we talking premises like the VAFA?

Don't worry about watching out for one player watch out for all of them...... Salpy is the man who bill back the goals.

Fair call Hawker Salpy the finisher there midfielders and 1/2 backs run the ball well and if left alone will cut you to pieces.

Bowen, Manser, Fenell, Johnson and co are the ones to watch and stop if you want any chance of taking home the points. Add Sippy to this group when or if he plays and it will become a very hard job.

whos the players to watch out for in the hawks seniors?i heard about that young kid who kicked 9,and 5 the week before
22 of them take the field, and they will all have an impact. That's the most impressive thing about them. They will be hard to toss for the spoils this year IMO.

Still no Sipthorpe yet.

Some talking points for you fellas.

Discussion going on about an Anzac Day clash between Sunbury Kangaroos and Kilmore;

The RDFL looking at building a complex at Diggers Rest with the Melton Shire;

And, the Burra switching to the second and bigger oval.

Matt why at Diggers couldn't they find a more central location in the league area ??????

Fair call Hawker Salpy the finisher there midfielders and 1/2 backs run the ball well and if left alone will cut you to pieces.

Bowen, Manser, Fenell, Johnson and co are the ones to watch and stop if you want any chance of taking home the points. Add Sippy to this group when or if he plays and it will become a very hard job.

good call halffull.and lets build it in gisborne behind the shire offices.

Matt why at Diggers couldn't they find a more central location in the league area ??????

RDFL rumours ... with Matt Nicholls

LEAGUE MOVING?
I HEARD last week that the Riddell District Football League is investigating a move to Diggers Rest.
Sources say that RDFL general manager Scott McCartney was having discussions with the Melton Shire to create a new sports administration centre.
The league and the shire recently worked together on creating a second oval behind the main oval, which is bigger than the one currently occupied by Diggers Rest football and cricket clubs.
The wind has always been gusty at Diggers Rest, and it is believed that discussions are already in place to create a wind shield.
There is also speculation that the Sunbury Kangaroos will play home games on the second oval this season as their base at Boardman Oval is currently suffering from the drought.
If a move happens, expect it to be very lucrative for the competition.
GOING TOO FAR?
Junior football often gets a bad reputation because of over-competitive parents, but what about this story I heard?
Three weekends ago when we got all that rain, RDFL junior football matches at Rupertswood in Sunbury were abandoned. The school’s curator said that over 30ml (120 points) of rain had fallen and he didn’t want the kids wrecking the ground after months of hard work.
Now Rupertswood’s opponents want the points! We won’t name the club but the kids aren’t playing for sheep stations.
People need to be reminded every now and again that junior football is about fun and developing our youth. While there is a finals series and a premiership to be played for, adults shouldn’t forget why we play the game.
Scott McCartney confirmed the RDFL was trying to reschedule the game, and was not going to award points to either side at this stage.
ANZAC GAME
Kilmore and Sunbury Kangaroos may become the new Collingwood and Essendon as the Blues and Roos discuss playing an Anzac Day match next season.
Next year April 25 falls on a Friday, with the following two years on Saturday and Sunday.
Bendigo Football League clubs Castlemaine and Kangaroo Flat experimented with an Anzac Day the match this season and received terrific community support.
With the help of district RSLs and the RDFL, the Kilmore and Sunbury Kangaroos clashes could be a highlight of the competition.

good call halffull.and lets build it in gisborne behind the shire offices.

We will have to wait for another fire maybe then a further 53 stories can go on top of the gym at Gardner and we can watch any game in the league.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good luck tomorrow champ catch up for beer soon didn't see you at the MCG a fortnight ago.

well if centrals are after some revenge after Saturday are more than welcome, a nice old touch up and 4 points to kilmore will put us in good stead for the run into September!!

should be a cracker tomorrow, and good to see Dan Reilly playing some good footy, but lets hope tomorrow is not the case!!!

We will have to wait for another fire maybe then a further 53 stories can go on top of the gym at Gardner and we can watch any game in the league.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Good luck tomorrow champ catch up for beer soon didn't see you at the MCG a fortnight ago.

thanx mate.lol. nah we arent allowed to drink while out injured.and the temptation of a few ales at the m.c.g would have been too much 4 me.
we will make up 4 it at some stage im sure:thumbsu:

The Anzac idea was spoken about at Housey's 21st and I think it would be a great idea as both clubs have had a bit of a rivalry last few seasons with the games at Sunbury on the run home finishing a couple of our seasons!!

It can definately work if both clubs are happy to only have a 4 day break when it happens to fall on a Wed or Tue.

Eg - if it were to be played this year, with Anzac Day on the Wednesday, and round 1 being April 21 (Saturday) have the Kilmore v Sunbury game as part of Round 2, thus both clubs have only 4 days from round 1 but the extra break til Round 3.

if it were to be a Thursday or Friday, it would be the first match of the round, with the other 4 to follow on the Saturday

and if it fell on a Sun, Mon or Tue it would be the last match of the round

if it fell on a Saturday i guess it would be at the leagues descretion to play all games on that day or perhaps just the Blues v Kangas on sat, 4 remaining games on Sunday (with the public holiday to follow on the Monday).....

but time will tell i guess but I cann assure there will be many ppl disappointed if it gets knocked back, including 2 very passionate presidents!!!

:)

i want front row seats blueboy.im happy to promote the return game if they want? two teams enter,one team leaves.that sort of stuff.
footys back:thumbsu:
This takes my mind back to the late 90's mate , when opposition teams at Macedon would walk into the rooms and be confronted with the writing on the wall, which went something like " Ashes to Ashes Dust to Dust if Polly dont get you then Deano must " .:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RDFL rumours ... with Matt Nicholls

LEAGUE MOVING?
I HEARD last week that the Riddell District Football League is investigating a move to Diggers Rest.
Sources say that RDFL general manager Scott McCartney was having discussions with the Melton Shire to create a new sports administration centre.
The league and the shire recently worked together on creating a second oval behind the main oval, which is bigger than the one currently occupied by Diggers Rest football and cricket clubs.
The wind has always been gusty at Diggers Rest, and it is believed that discussions are already in place to create a wind shield.
There is also speculation that the Sunbury Kangaroos will play home games on the second oval this season as their base at Boardman Oval is currently suffering from the drought.
If a move happens, expect it to be very lucrative for the competition.
The whole complex at diggers has a massive plan drawn up for it over the next few years. New cricket and netball facilities an extension to the burras social rooms and moving the front entrance completely off plumpton road. The second oval already has had goal posts put up and is in good condition but would need some widening before teams would look at it as a permanent base. I also heard the rdfl headquarters rumour. Western Jets ctually used the complex as a base over summer. Both diggers grounds are on recycled water.

If this burra complex was gonna go ahead and the jets were to use it more often the TAC CUP would have to re-zone its territories, it would be pointless for boys from sunbury macedon gisborne and woodend driving past the Jets ground on the way to train for the cannons. May help the struggling jets in the future.

If this burra complex was gonna go ahead and the jets were to use it more often the TAC CUP would have to re-zone its territories, it would be pointless for boys from sunbury macedon gisborne and woodend driving past the Jets ground on the way to train for the cannons. May help the struggling jets in the future.
Jets permanent base isin caroline springs but it does not have water and thats the only reason they were at diggers. Dont think a permanent move is on the cards for them.

Talking about Woodend and all the players they have ive heard that Lacy and Barker are coming back, that would be a potent forward line.

kilmore beat diggers by 2 points, good start to season for the blues 3 in a row, good game next week at kilmore vs sunbury!

I reckon we played the premiers today. We were beaten by a very good side. I think the end margin was about 23 goals after we were only down by four points at quarter time and probably deserved to be in front.

That Jacko guy #8 is a fair player. Same with that #9, Daniel I think his name is. They both killed us out of the guts. Up forward I was impressed by that Goldy Locks fellow who sports the number #25, real name of Garth. Probably end up with half a dozen in the end. #23 also kicked a fair few, but did a Shannon Grant (that's actually being generous) that ruined a perfect day for him.

Big call x_box_x saying the kangeroos will be premiers i would like to be on woodend at the moment, i cant see anyone to get near them, still got Nga,johnston,cunick,patterson and then if lacy and barker come back they will be unbeateble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back