RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: R.d.f.l Thread 2008

matt, i also heard a rumour that sipthorp is no longer welcome at woodend? anyone confirm

lucky these are just rumours hey.

your a bit riught on the fact that sippy is a little annoyed at the
'older pepole" at the club due to celebrating quite hard after tasting great premiership success. im sure if any of the other 9 clubs had won they too would have been able to celebrate hard.

the whole reason why sippy returned to his club was because he liked the family relaxed atmosphere. im quite sure that when the water has passed under the bridge he will be lining up in the hawks colours next year.

i think that the main rroblem was chinese whispers, after speaking to him i asked him if what i heard was true, and he told me that it was all wrong, he was just annoyed at the fact that all these un-true rumours were floating around. looking foward to a fitter and hungrier sippy for season 2008.

hey matt how are the teams that dont have 18's looking? undesatnd that melton dnt have them, but how will the inclusion of wallan effect the 18's and the netball??

for arguments sake, lets say that all of the players at kilmore who are "old" wallan players went back how many would they loose?

how did wallan end up in the footy though their grades this year? not living in the area i never got to see results of how they went.
will they make any impact in the next 2-4 years???[/quote]

Sippy shouldnt have done what he did in front of kids in the pub. Great win by the boys but a little disappoointing with that sort of celebration.

top 5: diggers riddel sunbury woodend romsey macedon.
i set the top 3 in stone where they are. bottom 3 to battle it out for 4th and 5th. i cant see any of the other clubs doing much else.

I guarantee you Lancefield's U18s will make the finals next year.

With Aaron James wanting to return to the RDFL next year, and Cornish signing at Kilmore, Could we see the man mountain lining up further down the highway in Black and White. :D

a james will not be returning to the kangaroos

I guarantee you Lancefield's U18s will make the finals next year.

For Lancfield to get to the finals Matt they will have to get all the boys back from Kyneton.

My run down for 08.

Woodend will not be as dominate but are always strong.

Romsey big? after two strong years will need to pick up a lot off talented 17 y/o to keep place.

Diggers had young list 07, B Grade premiers U/16 in 06 will be up there.

Macedon only loose 4 players from last year and have some good 17 y/o coming up from 16's.

Kangas Under 16 B grade premiers 07 will be big improvers in 08.

Riddell looking to pick up from Sunbury U/16's, Runners up in B Grade 16's 06 will improve.

Lancefield/Rockbank will need to recruit heavily long way of pace in 07.

Kilmore real wildcards I predict will make finalls first year in, strong 16's in 07.

Wallan, I have no idea.

Melton Centrals depends if deal is done with surplus East Keilor players (hope so.)

For Lancfield to get to the finals Matt they will have to get all the boys back from Kyneton.

My run down for 08.

Woodend will not be as dominate but are always strong.

Romsey big? after two strong years will need to pick up a lot off talented 17 y/o to keep place.

Diggers had young list 07, B Grade premiers U/16 in 06 will be up there.

Macedon only loose 4 players from last year and have some good 17 y/o coming up from 16's.

Riddell looking to pick up from Sunbury U/16's, Runners up in B Grade 16's 06 will improve.

Lancefield/Rockbank will need to recruit heavily long way of pace in 07.

Kilmore real wildcards I predict will make finalls first year in strong 16's in 07.

Wallan have no idea.

Melton Centrals depends if deal is done with surplus East Keilor players (hope so.)

can u give us your same thoughts on the senior sides halffull?

My run down for 08.

From what I have heared from people, not many of the Kangas under 16 B's will be comming and joining the roo's next year, apprantly they have other clubs to go to.

The Riddell Football club wishes to formally invite all players to our first training session for the 2008 Football Season.

Training dates are 05/12/2007 & 12/12/2007 Wednesday nights starting at 6.00pm.

Training will then recommence on the 04/02/2008.

Coaches for for the 2008 seasons are:

* Seniors - Darren Rowsell.

* Reserves - Chris Meacham.

* Thirds - Glenn Elliot..

From what I have heared from people, not many of the Kangas under 16 B's will be comming and joining the roo's next year, apprantly they have other clubs to go to.[/quote]

Is that right...... Good to see you know so little!

They're might be one or two who choose to play elsewhere or not play @ all.
However, i might add that they are a extremely tight bunch of blokes, having spent the long weekend with a few, i assure you their intentions are to play with the Kangaroos in 08! The core group will remain the same steady blokes who sore them take junior honours this year.....

From a senior aspect, a core group has already started training, but an official date will be announced in due time.

Looking forward to a big pre-season and season 08 with some big signing's to a number of clubs, however the focus seems to be this year on the number of departures of some talented players.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Riddell Football club wishes to formally invite all players to our first training session for the 2008 Football Season.

Training dates are 05/12/2007 & 12/12/2007 Wednesday nights starting at 6.00pm.

Training will then recommence on the 04/02/2008.

Coaches for for the 2008 seasons are:

* Seniors - Darren Rowsell.

* Reserves - Chris Meacham.

* Thirds - Glenn Elliot.

What happened to big Scotty did he reapply ?

Sunba, what the thought's on Mark Power being Roswell assitant... Everyone knows by now that he is off to Riddell, let face it the "Powers" are the RFC. His move to Riddell was the move that was always going to come @ the end of a fantastic career in local football.

Just being in control so long with Roswell look to him for advice or will Mark just go about being one of 22 each week is the main question that most want to know outside of Riddell.

Some big signing's and the return of Lee why wouldn't he want one more flag with his brothers and family to go out on. So far James, Meecham and if Power comes he could bring the likes of Robbo, Lobb, Griffen and many more.... Could be a formidable outfit.

Once again Riddell this time last year where to least most talked about club going around, and they were written off. Can't afford it to happen this year gents.

He will be coaching the reserves with Ants Power as his assistant and also playing Seniors.

i thought the reason for meech leaving pacco was the fact that he couldnt play anymore and "retired" due to the body starting to slow down because of injuries?
that was the messege i got from a parent of a player at pacco.

Dose tha\t mean meech will bring any players down from pacco?
any names yet?

SUNBURY KANGAROOS TRAINING

the sunbury kangaroos pre season training will commence on monday 26 November at the club.6.30pm
with exciting times ahead for this highly improved club,i would encourage all players,past and present to be in attendance.id also like to invite any new faces to come down for the announcing of the 2008 coaching staff.
we anticipate a successful season in 2008 and look forward to welcoming new players,supporters and support staff to assist the clubs charge towards three premierships.
any new players wishing to talk about a move to the subury kangaroos can send me a private message.all enquiries will be treated with the strictest confidence.
DEAN HELMERS

i thought the reason for meech leaving pacco was the fact that he couldnt play anymore and "retired" due to the body starting to slow down because of injuries?
that was the messege i got from a parent of a player at pacco.

Dose tha\t mean meech will bring any players down from pacco?
any names yet?
Your spot on there mate, Meach did have a big injury interupted season and was contemplating retiring, but he told me that he did not train the last 6 weeks of the season and already having the last 2 months off have helped him big time, wont start training till "mid feb" so should be fully freshened up for the start of the season.
Doubt he would bring anyone from Pacco they all live over that way.

Sunba, what the thought's on Mark Power being Roswell assitant... Everyone knows by now that he is off to Riddell, let face it the "Powers" are the RFC. His move to Riddell was the move that was always going to come @ the end of a fantastic career in local football.

Just being in control so long with Roswell look to him for advice or will Mark just go about being one of 22 each week is the main question that most want to know outside of Riddell.

Some big signing's and the return of Lee why wouldn't he want one more flag with his brothers and family to go out on. So far James, Meecham and if Power comes he could bring the likes of Robbo, Lobb, Griffen and many more.... Could be a formidable outfit.

Once again Riddell this time last year where to least most talked about club going around, and they were written off. Can't afford it to happen this year gents.
Have good information that Mark is playing up the bush somewhere with his one of his mates from his S.A.N.F.L days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back