RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: R.d.f.l Thread 2008

Just thought I would post a big welcome to all the Wallan people that will no doubt be joining this thread.. May they all keep things in the same good spirit as the current posters on the RDFL thread.. As a Mod, I can say that the RDFL thread is one of the best on it for its strong discussion material relating to our league and I hope all newcomers enjoy their time on here...

Now most teams on here have what we like to call the "Honourary Representitive" The Big Footy Rep for the club if you like, so would be good to have someone step up and become the Wallan rep and keep us all informed of the goings on in Wallanland..

But welcome guys and gals... :D:thumbsu:

Maybe a big call but i believe melton centrals will play finals. good coach and finally some stability within the club i tip a huge year for the boys from melton town. some very good recruits who have already shon at the first couple of pre season runs should put them in good stead for the year. i am sure matt will have to change his bowen medal odds with the whispers from centrals. one high class recruit should do very well getting votes. sorry cant name names i will leave it for the right people to do that. also have had 48 guys on the track.

I hope you are right mate.. I rate Centrals, always have, they are tough side to play as they work really hard.. I just think they need quite a few recruits to add some real class outside of Wheels.. Think they may just need another year or two to get back into the finals...

Thanks Trueblueroo on the confirmation, you know there are about 6 Goodwin Brothers, depending on who he gets of them to play will make macedon a much more competitive side this year. There are 3 brothers that would nearly be walk up starts in any side. Also wonder who will come up to play from Melbourne have heard there will be a few from Therry to move, whispers on Bannister and Barron also I think he is trying to get a few players back who have been playing in the DVFL. Only whispers at this stage but if anyone can add light would be happy.

Sunba, what the thought's on Mark Power being Roswell assitant... Everyone knows by now that he is off to Riddell, let face it the "Powers" are the RFC. His move to Riddell was the move that was always going to come @ the end of a fantastic career in local football.

Just being in control so long with Roswell look to him for advice or will Mark just go about being one of 22 each week is the main question that most want to know outside of Riddell.

Some big signing's and the return of Lee why wouldn't he want one more flag with his brothers and family to go out on. So far James, Meecham and if Power comes he could bring the likes of Robbo, Lobb, Griffen and many more.... Could be a formidable outfit.

Once again Riddell this time last year where to least most talked about club going around, and they were written off. Can't afford it to happen this year gents.

Serge is no chance of taking an official role if he plays at Riddell. Roswell works for him so the orders only go one way in that relationship and he is offended that it was raised.

Riddell is the most likely place he will have a kick but his body is stuffed and he would be lucky to be able to play to 6 or 7 games next year. The other option is joining his good mate Robbie Lee at Birchip and playing handful of games up there. My money is though he will join the Gissy golf club get his handicap down to single figures. That way he can play golf Sat morning and then pick the best game to go and drink cans at out of Riddell, Sunbury or Gisborne.

Griffen has retired and is living O/S and Lobb has moved to QLD.

Serge is no chance of taking an official role if he plays at Riddell. Roswell works for him so the orders only go one way in that relationship and he is offended that it was raised.

Riddell is the most likely place he will have a kick but his body is stuffed and he would be lucky to be able to play to 6 or 7 games next year. The other option is joining his good mate Robbie Lee at Birchip and playing handful of games up there. My money is though he will join the Gissy golf club get his handicap down to single figures. That way he can play golf Sat morning and then pick the best game to go and drink cans at out of Riddell, Sunbury or Gisborne.

which lobb are we talking about??
what has he done up their for? work? play? footy?

I may by dumb but I'm not stupid. What if someone signed Shane Woewodin or Luke Saunders? They'd win the Bowen for sure. If peope want a "prospective" quote, they need to tell me who the player is first. For Cuffe, I'd give you $15.

carefull matt mongrel has lost a lot of kgs looking very trim id be dropping his odds if i were you:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

surely matt you cant post odds on bowen medal at this stage! as no sides have finalised there lists or even close...
i would not even waste my time puttin my money on with you

also wallan were pretty pathetic last year so i wouldnt think they would make rdfl finals in a hurry they would want to recruit pretty heavily!
can i see that happening?
i doubt it but just gotta wait n see
Go Blues, its whistle time

Talk to Demon after he has had a few beers, I have no doubt he would love to pull the boots on again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk to Demon after he has had a few beers, I have no doubt he would love to pull the boots on again.

Demon has been retired for 8 years. Surley he could not drink that much that he starts telling people he wants to play again. Also his back is as bad as an 80 year olds.

Just thought I would post a big welcome to all the Wallan people that will no doubt be joining this thread.. May they all keep things in the same good spirit as the current posters on the RDFL thread.. As a Mod, I can say that the RDFL thread is one of the best on it for its strong discussion material relating to our league and I hope all newcomers enjoy their time on here...

Now most teams on here have what we like to call the "Honourary Representitive" The Big Footy Rep for the club if you like, so would be good to have someone step up and become the Wallan rep and keep us all informed of the goings on in Wallanland..

But welcome guys and gals... :D:thumbsu:

Thanks mate. Wallan have just announced their coach for 08 in mark pederson. He coached wallan back in 97-99 including the 1998 grandfinal against gisborne and also coached lalor to the flag this year in the nfl. Things looking up for wallan at the moment! Our preseason training starts next monday 26th nov

Thanks mate. Wallan have just announced their coach for 08 in mark pederson. He coached wallan back in 97-99 including the 1998 grandfinal against gisborne and also coached lalor to the flag this year in the nfl. Things looking up for wallan at the moment! Our preseason training starts next monday 26th nov

Speaking to Pedo last night and it seems the boys could be in for a solid pre season, which will be great. We also seem to be doing pretty well on the recruiting side of things.

Also speaking with a few other people last night and they seem to think that the article in the Free Press on Cornish signing on at Kilmore for next year may have been wrong and that he has not signed yet.

Speaking to Pedo last night and it seems the boys could be in for a solid pre season, which will be great. We also seem to be doing pretty well on the recruiting side of things.

Also speaking with a few other people last night and they seem to think that the article in the Free Press on Cornish signing on at Kilmore for next year may have been wrong and that he has not signed yet.

Maybe Cornish is too embarrassed to tell Wallan he has signed at Kilmore?

He rang the Kilmore coach on Tuesday morning of last week and told him that he will stay with the Blues. Speers then told club president Dayson Carroll before ringing me and letting me know in time to get it in the paper. If the coach tells me he has committed, its good enough for me.

Plus, what I saw of Wallan last year, the forwards were not your problem. One or two accountable defenders and a ruckman should be the priority down there.

Maybe Cornish is too embarrassed to tell Wallan he has signed at Kilmore?

He rang the Kilmore coach on Tuesday morning of last week and told him that he will stay with the Blues. Speers then told club president Dayson Carroll before ringing me and letting me know in time to get it in the paper. If the coach tells me he has committed, its good enough for me.

Plus, what I saw of Wallan last year, the forwards were not your problem. One or two accountable defenders and a ruckman should be the priority down there.

Couldn't agree more, a ruckman and a CHB should on top of our shopping list.

Couldn't agree more, a ruckman and a CHB should on top of our shopping list.

You could also help fill one of those roles fully fit this year. Has all clubs started preseason yet? And how are all the grounds looking because in the nfl we had to start our season late and only play 15 rounds because nearly all the grounds weren't up to scratch and way too hard!

You could also help fill one of those roles fully fit this year. Has all clubs started preseason yet? And how are all the grounds looking because in the nfl we had to start our season late and only play 15 rounds because nearly all the grounds weren't up to scratch and way too hard!

The RDFL has enough grounds to cover a full season.. At the moment recycled water being installed at Boardman Reserve, believe that Rockbank and Centrals are the only 2 grounds that may have some trouble.

The RDFL has enough grounds to cover a full season.. At the moment recycled water being installed at Boardman Reserve, believe that Rockbank and Centrals are the only 2 grounds that may have some trouble.

I was down at the Romsey ground on Saturday and I must say, it was looking perfect. Green, lush and reasonably soft under foot. The boys playing cricket on it were raving about how good of condition it is in. This ground won't be a problem come start of the season 08. It is the best ground in the league hands down. You could play footy on it now.:thumbsu:

On another note, Romsey have appointed a President and a coach will be appointed by the end of this week. I attended an "Extraordinary General Meeting" yesterday, where all of the points of contention, ie. the fact that the President and Coaches positions hadn't been appointed, were bought to a head. The names will be announced on Friday. We will also have our training schedule arranged once the coaches position has been filled.

Everything seems to be getting back on track for the Redbacks, albeit a little later than first anticipated.

I was down at the Romsey ground on Saturday and I must say, it was looking perfect. Green, lush and reasonably soft under foot. The boys playing cricket on it were raving about how good of condition it is in. This ground won't be a problem come start of the season 08. It is the best ground in the league hands down. You could play footy on it now.:thumbsu:

On another note, Romsey have appointed a President and a coach will be appointed by the end of this week. I attended an "Extraordinary General Meeting" yesterday, where all of the points of contention, ie. the fact that the President and Coaches positions hadn't been appointed, were bought to a head. The names will be announced on Friday. We will also have our training schedule arranged once the coaches position has been filled.

Everything seems to be getting back on track for the Redbacks, albeit a little later than first anticipated.

I know the names Romsey have for the coaching job and I must say, they aren't of great quality. With plenty of discussion of players leaving the Redbacks, they'd want their new coach to act quickly and retain some of this year's young stars.

LATEST RDFL SENIOR PREMIERSHIP ODDS

Riddell $1.40
Woodend-Hesket $4.50
Kilmore $5.00
Sunbury Kangaroos $6.50
Diggers Rest $9.50
Romsey $11
Wallan $13
Lancefield $15
Melton Central $15
Macedon $25
Rockbank $51

I know the names Romsey have for the coaching job and I must say, they aren't of great quality. With plenty of discussion of players leaving the Redbacks, they'd want their new coach to act quickly and retain some of this year's young stars.

The fact that they need to act quickly goes without saying. Having spoken to a couple of the younger guys myself, nothing is set in stone yet and at this stage they are still looking to stay with the Redbacks.

As far as the coaches are concerned I think that a comment like yours above is a little bit disrespectful. If you know the names then you would know that one of the applicants should be respected more than that and the other names are relatively unknown to this league, so it's a bit harsh to be labelling them as "not of great quality". I understand this is your opinion Pickles, but potting a person before they've even had a chance to either fail or succeed is a new low.

You start with a clean record when you take on a senior coaching role in a new league, the "unknown factor" can come in to it and with a fresh face sometimes comes fresh enthusiasm. Either way, we'll soon enough find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back