RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: R.d.f.l Thread 2008

Diggers Rest Pre-Season Training

Diggers Rest football club pre-season training commences
- Monday 19th November 6.15pm
- Will be running training on Mondays and Wednesdays for a few weeks before christmans
- All new players who would like to be part of what is going to be a successfull season in 2008 down at the burras are more then welcome to come down and have a run

I enjoy reading your threads. I hear a rumour that Macedon have signed Goodwin as coach, anyone tell me if this is true? He will be a first year coach but the up side is that he has a lot of contacts down in Melb. Any recruit news on Macedon?

Whilst we're on the subject, Lancefield Football Club will begin pre season training on December 3. All past, present and future players are more than welcome to come and join us in the resurgence of the club in season 2008.

The coaching staff will be:

*Chris Collins (Senior Coach)
*Andrew Reaper (Senior assistant coach)
*Robert Curran (Reserves coach)
*Paul Cook (Under 18's coach)

I enjoy reading your threads. I hear a rumour that Macedon have signed Goodwin as coach, anyone tell me if this is true? He will be a first year coach but the up side is that he has a lot of contacts down in Melb. Any recruit news on Macedon?

Can confirm that Goodwin has been signed as the coach of Macedon in 2008. The lad is from Theory and will bring from all reports 2 brothers who are substantially good young footballers, one of them being a key forward.

As posted by Halful that, they are reported to have a number of players currently playing in other leagues coming home or returning to the cats.

With a good mix of 18's coming up they will be improvers in 2008....

The Cats will be a new look outfit according to some up in he sleepy hallows in 2008. A big selling tool for the clubs survival has been the new club rooms and the facilities..... Good Luck to Beats and the crew!

Wallan I believe made contact but Im pretty sure he has committed himself again to Stanhope

A.James has resigned at Stanhope.

Resigned or re-signed? Thanks mate, seems when someone respected says it that it carries more credibility - I was made aware of the situation a while back when I made contact with Aaron on my club's behalf.

Stanhope back to back for me!!!

Half Full,

What's happening with your draft idea.. Had some merit.. Been waiting for it.. Im back lasses and gents.. :D:thumbsu:

Wanted people for RDFL bigfooty super coach contest.
Idea is a pre season draft (in March)of players then pick 6 players per week for your team, points awarded for best players, goal kickers, rising star noms and bowen votes.

Mid season trade.

Must be available for draft at somewhere central for a few ales.
No more than 12 players. 1st in 1st served.

Starters so far

1) Half ful
2) Omni1
3) Its m s

Wanted people for RDFL bigfooty super coach contest.
Idea is a pre season draft (in March)of players then pick 6 players per week for your team, points awarded for best players, goal kickers, rising star noms and bowen votes.

Mid season trade.

Must be available for draft at somewhere central for a few ales.
No more than 12 players. 1st in 1st served.

Starters so far

1) Half ful
2) Omni1
3) Its m s

Harry Wilson is a definite if there is still room!!:thumbsu:

Harry Wilson is a definite if there is still room!!:thumbsu:

Harry, what's happening down at Redback land, a few rumours, (as per the norm) floating around.. Believe that Cam Dawson may be on his way to Heathcote and that Steve Burlak and Ben Sullivan have interviews with Sunbury Lions.. Do you have any insight?

Resigned or re-signed? Thanks mate, seems when someone respected says it that it carries more credibility - I was made aware of the situation a while back when I made contact with Aaron on my club's behalf.

Stanhope back to back for me!!!

Sorry mate.. Re-signed..

Im not sure why that's the case, I would have thought that you were fairly respected... We up for a return bout next year? :thumbsu:

Harry, what's happening down at Redback land, a few rumours, (as per the norm) floating around.. Believe that Cam Dawson may be on his way to Heathcote and that Steve Burlak and Ben Sullivan have interviews with Sunbury Lions.. Do you have any insight?

Nah it's Dawson to Braodford isn't it Doona? Heard you and the lad may touch base and talk very shortly from what i have heard....

Burlak to maybe have year off or talk with the Lions, and Sullivan in two minds as what to do, higher football or not......

News travels fast Getti!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can confirm that Goodwin has been signed as the coach of Macedon in 2008. The lad is from Theory and will bring from all reports 2 brothers who are substantially good young footballers, one of them being a key forward.

As posted by Halful that, they are reported to have a number of players currently playing in other leagues coming home or returning to the cats.

With a good mix of 18's coming up they will be improvers in 2008....

The Cats will be a new look outfit according to some up in he sleepy hallows in 2008. A big selling tool for the clubs survival has been the new club rooms and the facilities..... Good Luck to Beats and the crew!

G'day all !!
Interesting reading....apparently having a "Meet the coach" this Friday.

So in light of all this, what odds are Macedon on finishing top 5 this year?

2008 PRE-SEASON ODDS - (if I was running a market).

To make the top five
Riddell $1.01
Sunbury Kangaroos $1.05
Woodend-Hesket $1.10
Kilmore $1.25
Diggers Rest $1.75
Romsey $1.95
Wallan $2.40
Lancefield $2.90
Melton Central $3.10
Macedon $4.00
Rockbank $7.00

To win the premiership
Riddell $1.70
Sunbury Kangaroos $3.50
Woodend-Hesket $4.00
Kilmore $4.50
Diggers Rest $8.50
Romsey $11
Wallan $15
Lancefield $25
Melton Central $41
Macedon $51
Rockbank $101

Bowen Medal
Lee James $5
Daniel Bonnici $5
Daniel Sipthorp $7
Matt Robertson $7
Dave Cornish $7
Justin Belleville $10
Shaun Sims $10
Mark McInerney $12
Leigh McInerney $12
Paul Podbury $12
Steve Burlak $15
Robbie Wittmer $15
Brydan Morgan $15
Brian Wheelahan $20
Matt Stacey $20
Chris Collins $20
Matt Gibson $20
Blake Whiteway $25

For quotes on any other player - PM me.

Please note: FANTASY bets refunded if player or club does not appear in the RDFL in 2008.

G'day all !!

Don't get me wrong they will have a good list of young kids, but your talking finals and Macedon.... A lot of work has to be done, and more recruiting needs to take place....

If you have a look at their list, I don't think it will be as good as what Lancefields was this year, they lack maybe couple more ball winners and a key tall backman. They will upset some sides along the way betting a few as they go, but finals i think at this stage, is a little to early.

My top 5 will be as follows

Woodend
Riddell
Sunbury
Kilmore
Lancefield

That just going on what i have heard player movement wise and depth and recruits. Have heard of movements and gains from other clubs outside these 5 and i still think that these 5 will battle at the top this year... I also think that the Bowen Medallist won't be in the list mentioned above by Nichols at this stage!

G'day all !!

HFF,

Can I come to meet the coaches??? :cool:

Nah it's Dawson to Braodford isn't it Doona? Heard you and the lad may touch base and talk very shortly from what i have heard....

Not to my knowledge young fella :confused: but I do love talking footy so any phone numbers you can swing me Im happy to invest the 50c :D

that backfired.i was hoping you would say all un listed players were 100.
so i could have a gorilla on cuffey

I may by dumb but I'm not stupid. What if someone signed Shane Woewodin or Luke Saunders? They'd win the Bowen for sure. If peope want a "prospective" quote, they need to tell me who the player is first. For Cuffe, I'd give you $15.

Itsmy PRE PRE-SEASON predictions..

Ladder:

Riddell
Sunbury Kangaroos
Woodend/Hesket
Kilmore
Wallan
Romsey
Diggers Rest
Lancefield
Melton Centrals
Macedon
Rockbank

Bowen Medal: Mark McInerney/Daniel Sipthorp
Premiers: Sunbury Kangaroos
Runners Up: Riddell
Big Movers: Kilmore
Big Sliders: Romsey
Biggest Recruit: Kilmore - Robbie Whittmar
Rising Star: Jesse Sheppard (WH)
Leading Goalkicker: Lee James (Riddell)
Coach of the year: Jarrod Dixon (SK)

League's best:
Backman - Robbie Ellis/Jason Allen
Midfielder - Mark McInerney/Justin Bellville
Forward - Lee James/Daniel Sipthorp
Ruckman - Steve James/Ryan Connellan

Maybe a big call but i believe melton centrals will play finals. good coach and finally some stability within the club i tip a huge year for the boys from melton town. some very good recruits who have already shon at the first couple of pre season runs should put them in good stead for the year. i am sure matt will have to change his bowen medal odds with the whispers from centrals. one high class recruit should do very well getting votes. sorry cant name names i will leave it for the right people to do that. also have had 48 guys on the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back