RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ease up Big Ump, Riddell would be on a par (if not ahead) with Elmore and your flag favourites Heathcote if both comps were merged, Colbinabbin then Woodend would round out a top 5.

No mention of both comps to merg,anyway old Mate were do you think B/Ford will be placed when they join the RDFL next year:rolleyes::D
Will you still coach,i hear the club will pick up a few NEW PLAYERS when B/Ford go to the RDFL.I will come down and have a look at a odd game or 2:p:D

Heard Lancefield are looking for sponsors to pay for flights to get Scotty Smithwick and Scotty Clark into Victoria for the big games to come. Tigers could be a wildcard come September! Won't beat Riddell but who knows, could make a prelim. That would be a massive effort considering where the club was two years ago. Watch this space. Think even in my drunken state on Saturday night I may have offered up some cash! :D

Heard Lancefield are looking for sponsors to pay for flights to get Scotty Smithwick and Scotty Clark into Victoria for the big games to come. Tigers could be a wildcard come September! Won't beat Riddell but who knows, could make a prelim. That would be a massive effort considering where the club was two years ago. Watch this space. Think even in my drunken state on Saturday night I may have offered up some cash! :D

That's a dangerous precedence. Not training and only playing in big games. Many clubs have been burnt doing that. Not to mention peeing off the guys on the fringe of selection that get dropped every time someone is flown in. Not what good clubs do! (It's not working to well with Bell at Freo!)

That's a dangerous precedence. Not training and only playing in big games. Many clubs have been burnt doing that. Not to mention peeing off the guys on the fringe of selection that get dropped every time someone is flown in. Not what good clubs do! (It's not working to well with Bell at Freo!)

Lancefield are pretty smart, Smithwick is playing up there on a permit. Clark is naturally fit and has been a proven player in the last two years when he has played the odd game. As for Belly, he has been back in Perth for over a month now, and that is not why he retired. Him playing from Geraldton worked perfectly.

No mention of both comps to merg,anyway old Mate were do you think B/Ford will be placed when they join the RDFL next year:rolleyes::D
Will you still coach,i hear the club will pick up a few NEW PLAYERS when B/Ford go to the RDFL.I will come down and have a look at a odd game or 2:p:D

F*cked if I know (or care) about any of those questions at this stage mate, might come and carry Alistairs gear around Barrack Reserve for him ;)

Lancefield are pretty smart, Smithwick is playing up there on a permit. Clark is naturally fit and has been a proven player in the last two years when he has played the odd game. As for Belly, he has been back in Perth for over a month now, and that is not why he retired. Him playing from Geraldton worked perfectly.

i'm not sure 'perfectly' is correct - that's not what I read. More the point - how long can you play on a permit post clearance date? I wouldn't have a clue but I would be surprised if that is allowed (I have been surprised many times before!!!)

i'm not sure 'perfectly' is correct - that's not what I read. More the point - how long can you play on a permit post clearance date? I wouldn't have a clue but I would be surprised if that is allowed (I have been surprised many times before!!!)

I actually have no idea but I believe he would be right to play. Also, Ben Talbot is a sneaky chance of pulling the boots on in the second half of the season. Look out Riddell :p

I actually have no idea but I believe he would be right to play. Also, Ben Talbot is a sneaky chance of pulling the boots on in the second half of the season. Look out Riddell :p

Still will not get them near the best 3 sides in the competition - Riddell, Woodend and Macedon will still be much too good for Lancefield if all of this was to come to fruition..

Still will not get them near the best 3 sides in the competition - Riddell, Woodend and Macedon will still be much too good for Lancefield if all of this was to come to fruition..

With your injuries starting to fade away and the Cats' starting to build up, think the Roos are the third best team :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with such an intersting round looming down to ninth position, what are the notable ins and outs from clubs this weekend. will separate the contenderrs to the pretenders this weekend. Will those who missed out in the east west game be playing? Any injuries/suspensions from all clubs?

with such an intersting round looming down to ninth position, what are the notable ins and outs from clubs this weekend. will separate the contenderrs to the pretenders this weekend. Will those who missed out in the east west game be playing? Any injuries/suspensions from all clubs?

Well apparently Smithwick, Clarke and Talbot are in for Lancefield :rolleyes::confused:

No chance this weekend. See The Free Press on Friday for full details :D

gday matt.if scotty mcchartney can match his reputation and turn this league back into a powerhouse,perhaps i can help.can u send me a list of clubs You beleieve belong in this future power league?

Finally getting interleague next year against SFL is great news. Which division will it be against? Div 1,2 or 3?

Lets be Cocky and take on all the Divisions no holds barred !! Good to see the interleague back finally should be good for the league. Anyone try to pick an interleague side after the game on Saturday.

Great round of football coming up this week. Every game just about has something riding on it.

Riddell (1st) V Woodend (2nd)
Sunbury Kangaroos (3rd) V Diggers Rest (5th)
Lancefield (4th) V Romsey (7th)
Melton Centrals (8th) V Kilmore (9th)
Rockbank (11th) V Wallan (10th)

Mt tips: Riddell to be too strong with James and Allen if he plays to be far too strong up forward. Woodend still missing a couple and can't tag all of Riddell's midfielders. Sunbury v Diggers is the match of the round. Will be a great battle in the rucks and midfield with Jose up against cuffe and James Sunbury by 20 points. Lancefield will account for Romsey with their midfield being too strong. I'm tipping Kilmore in an upset. If they can isolate Salter up forward who has great hands and tag Chugg out of the game they can win this. Rockbank will be very competitive at home for most of the match., This game can go either way but i'll tip Wallan in a close one. Any other teams having suspension/ injuries for this weeks important round of football?

Mt tips: Riddell to be too strong with James and Allen if he plays to be far too strong up forward. Woodend still missing a couple and can't tag all of Riddell's midfielders. Sunbury v Diggers is the match of the round. Will be a great battle in the rucks and midfield with Jose up against cuffe and James Sunbury by 20 points. Lancefield will account for Romsey with their midfield being too strong. I'm tipping Kilmore in an upset. If they can isolate Salter up forward who has great hands and tag Chugg out of the game they can win this. Rockbank will be very competitive at home for most of the match., This game can go either way but i'll tip Wallan in a close one. Any other teams having suspension/ injuries for this weeks important round of football?

His hands may be okay, but his kicking for goal has been woeful this season.

Great round of football coming up this week. Every game just about has something riding on it.

Riddell (1st) V Woodend (2nd)
Sunbury Kangaroos (3rd) V Diggers Rest (5th)
Lancefield (4th) V Romsey (7th)
Melton Centrals (8th) V Kilmore (9th)
Rockbank (11th) V Wallan (10th)

My tips for this week all home teams to win (hopefully for me)
I'll take a pick 5, 1-39 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back