RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Final score

Lancefield 12.18 to Romsey 7.10 - Chris Collins BOG

well another great weekend of football. centrals easily accounted for kilmore,wallan the same over the rams,lancefield are going along really nicely at the moment with a hard fought win over romsey,riddell smashed woodend but with the players they had out and the bombers at full strength that was expected,and diggers where too good for the roos. I was at this game yesterday just for a look and the condtions where horrible. I've never seen a wind blow like that in my time! As the scoreboard indicated in the 2's they couldnt get it past chf up the clubroom end but diggers held on for a real gutsy win. In the 1's the conditons eased of consideralbly but there was still a nice wind to the mitchell rd end. In a tough game diggers came away with the points completely out playing the roos all over the ground. well the ladder in both the 1's and 2's is getting closer every weekend,its going to be a very interesting end to the year:thumbsu:

You are right good weekend of footy watched romsey lancefield today very disapointed in romsey need to have a look at themselves as a club paying players that dont do as there asked and playing for themselves not the team. Romsey 2 coaches were out coached by a very good one in lancefield .very undisciplined romsey with 50 metre penalties. Need a big over hall club needs to act NOW on players who are just money hungry and dont train and just turn up.Mark and Darren have done a good job but its time to move on. GO REDBACKS SPEAKING FROM THE HEART

All the so called experts who keep saying that woodend is the only side that can challenge Riddell ,what a joke

I brought it up last week. Riddell is now its own worst enemy. No club is going to risk players against them. Woodend obviously didn't and it will be very intersting to see how many other do in future rounds. The competition is too tight for the rest and they won't risk any slightly injured players. I can't see how the Riddell boys can enjoy playing football like this every week!!

Sounds like you might have copped the rough end of that ruling. Looks like the league could make some big cash from a lot of people on this forum too. Luckily earlier today I was not criticising the umpire or the tribunal, just questioning :D

Not encouraging blokes to go dirty, but it worked for Romsey on the weekend apparently (I wasn't there). Was told it stopped them from getting flogged.

Got this letter in the mail on the weekend:

Dear Matt,
It has been drawn to the attention of the Romsey Football Club Committee, that recently in an open forum you made several adverse comments regarding our club.
Therefore, as a registered player of the Redbacks you are required to appear before the Club Executive on Tuesday 22nd July at 7 p.m. The meeting will take place in the clubrooms and afford you the opportunity to explain your comments and actions.
It is felt that your comments have not enhanced the reputation of this proud Club.
Yours sincerely,
(Name Witheld).

Seeing is I made these comments on an open forum, I will discuss them on an open forum.

Firstly, I did not say Romsey went the knuckle against Riddell. I specifically said that I heard that was the case. Secondly, the rumour going around is that I told the RDFL the names of 90 people who post on this forum. This is complete and utter bullshit. I'm not sure where that has come from but it is a lie. Thirdly, I have made it known that I wish to be deregistered from the Romsey Football Club. Tried to have a kick with a few mates and help the club out because I heard they were short on numbers, but couldn't be bothered with them now. It's a shame because there are some really decent people there. I think its funny how I can damage the Redbacks' reputation, but they allow one of their coaches get on here and act like a complete Westpac Banker.

On a final note, this will be my penultimate post on BigFooty. There will be many happy to see me leave, and I am also considering getting out of journalism. There are too many sensitive clubs in this area that want people like me to write about their clubs like the sun shines out of their arses. For example, a harmless story speculating whether Lancefield may/mot not get Smithwick and Clark to fly in for matches was frowned upon by the club president because a sponsor sooked because they didn't think they were supporting the club so it could fly in players. A Woodend-Hesket official (think he was an official) had a dig at me on Saturday because I said some Hawks players opted not to play in the All-Star match. I'm sorry sir if I didn't ring each player individually who missed the game, but I was told by a VERY reliable source that Kar Weng Ng and Guy Donovan missed the game due to a wedding. If that was the case, they had the option to play or not play, therefore they OPTED not to play in the All-Star match. Whether or not I stay in journalism remains to be seen, but one thing is for sure, in a fortnight's time I'm venturing down to Tony Clarke Reserve to watch the Cats v Lancefield and I will endevour to write a sensational feature article on the turnaround of Macedon Football Club. The Cats have become one of the most professional teams in the district, and I'm looking forward to reporting on their amazing success story.

That is enough for today, stay tuned for my final post later in the week.

On a final note, this will be my penultimate post on BigFooty. There will be many happy to see me leave, and I am also considering getting out of journalism.

Matt - Take time and think hard before you do it leave this forum, and definitely don't leave Journalism. The Mike Sheahans and Co do exactly what you are doing, and that upsets a few, but invariably they get the truth out early - where there is smoke there is fire. Stay true to your yourself and your word, there are a lot more supporters than knockers!!

Hopefully you continue to post matt, i know there many out there who just spectate this forum and apprciate the amount of work you put into giving this league some well desrved exposure. you articles are always interesting and make for good reading. dont let the handful of knockers get to you and keep up the good work

So its 'Shoot the Messenger' season in the R.D.F.L. now eh ?

R.I.P. Freedom of Speach > 14 / 07 / 2008 !!!

Romsey + Lancefield = Draconian Hillbilliess.

Looks from the support like much of the knocking you get on this site is in jest matt, considering the number of supporters that have already stuck up for you.

Does anyone who saw the Riddell - Woodend massacre have any reasons for the blowout nature of the encounter? Surely Woodend are not that far off Riddell. Were there any positives for Woodend going into the finals against the bomber powerhouse, any specific negatives? Were there any facets of the game in which they won/drew even? Do people think this game will help Woodend or Riddell, or will it just be a right-off as an aberration?

Matt, Surely your not going to throw the towel in because you have upset someone's applecart? Over the last 3 years you have pissed many people off, but I bet those people read your articles with interest week in week out. The only thing that holds you back is perhaps your depth in researching rumours and topics...... The RDFL has come on leaps and bounds in the last 2 years and one thing behind that is the media coverage it now recieves, thats one thing for you to hang your hat on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Matt,
It has been drawn to the attention of the Romsey Football Club Committee, that recently in an open forum you made several adverse comments regarding our club.
Therefore, as a registered player of the Redbacks you are required to appear before the Club Executive on Tuesday 22nd July at 7 p.m. The meeting will take place in the clubrooms and afford you the opportunity to explain your comments and actions.
It is felt that your comments have not enhanced the reputation of this proud Club.
Yours sincerely,
(Name Witheld).

Seeing is I made these comments on an open forum, I will discuss them on an open forum.

Firstly, I did not say Romsey went the knuckle against Riddell. I specifically said that I heard that was the case. Secondly, the rumour going around is that I told the RDFL the names of 90 people who post on this forum. This is complete and utter bullshit. I'm not sure where that has come from but it is a lie. Thirdly, I have made it known that I wish to be deregistered from the Romsey Football Club. Tried to have a kick with a few mates and help the club out because I heard they were short on numbers, but couldn't be bothered with them now. It's a shame because there are some really decent people there. I think its funny how I can damage the Redbacks' reputation, but they allow one of their coaches get on here and act like a complete Westpac Banker.

On a final note, this will be my penultimate post on BigFooty. There will be many happy to see me leave, and I am also considering getting out of journalism. There are too many sensitive clubs in this area that want people like me to write about their clubs like the sun shines out of their arses. For example, a harmless story speculating whether Lancefield may/mot not get Smithwick and Clark to fly in for matches was frowned upon by the club president because a sponsor sooked because they didn't think they were supporting the club so it could fly in players. A Woodend-Hesket official (think he was an official) had a dig at me on Saturday because I said some Hawks players opted not to play in the All-Star match. I'm sorry sir if I didn't ring each player individually who missed the game, but I was told by a VERY reliable source that Kar Weng Ng and Guy Donovan missed the game due to a wedding. If that was the case, they had the option to play or not play, therefore they OPTED not to play in the All-Star match. Whether or not I stay in journalism remains to be seen, but one thing is for sure, in a fortnight's time I'm venturing down to Tony Clarke Reserve to watch the Cats v Lancefield and I will endevour to write a sensational feature article on the turnaround of Macedon Football Club. The Cats have become one of the most professional teams in the district, and I'm looking forward to reporting on their amazing success story.

The person referred to wasn't a Hawks club official and his gripe was on the grounds of accuracy, if someone claims to be a 'journalist' then you expect them to do their research properly and rely on accuracy. Even the above 'quote' is not accurate, the correct quote is "Most of Woodend-Hesket's star players opted not to play in the match," In fact Woodend-Heskett had eight players representing the 'Easts', it appears this person does indeed have some sort of long running issue with the Hawks and I am sure if the above 'Official' had some influence in this so-called journalist giving it away he would be most pleased.

Matt come over to the HDFL Thread, we will treat you with respect if that is what you are looking for.But i warn you it could get a bit ruff at times:rolleyes:I tell you what we will do,for a small fee of 20,0000 payable to the H/Cote FC we will have you write for our Thread:D:D

Not that I'm very smart, but I think the word opted means the person had an option of doing something or not. Therefore what pickles said was semi-correct. Lacy, Stacey, Donovan, Ng all had the option to play. But due to injuries or other commitments they chose not to. But they still didn't opt to play. Maybe Mr Nicholls was rtrying to have a crack at the Hawks in a roundabout way, rather than just saying Woodend tried to protect their players. Even the ones that did play put in pretty sub standard performances. Plus they were given an armchair ride by the East coach with rotations etc.

Very sad day for RDFL football if you stopped posting Nicholbet. I've always read your articles with interest, trying to find out the goss from the league, clubs and so on. I got on this thread because of you and the issues you've brought to the forum. Honestly, clubs need to have a good hard look at themselves! if you don't like what's reported, don't read it! must be pretty worrying for clubs if they're concerned about what is written about them. start worrying about your results, that always helps your image!!

The person referred to wasn't a Hawks club official and his gripe was on the grounds of accuracy, if someone claims to be a 'journalist' then you expect them to do their research properly and rely on accuracy. Even the above 'quote' is not accurate, the correct quote is "Most of Woodend-Hesket's star players opted not to play in the match," In fact Woodend-Heskett had eight players representing the 'Easts', it appears this person does indeed have some sort of long running issue with the Hawks and I am sure if the above 'Official' had some influence in this so-called journalist giving it away he would be most pleased.

What Another club Pickles has pissed off,the list grows

Dear Matt,
Yours sincerely,
(Name Witheld).

matt i thought you were bigger than that mate so dont chuck in the towel on this thread most of the time your comments are the only ones worth reading as for giving up being a journo thats like saying s***o will give up umpiring

matt i thought you were bigger than that mate so dont chuck in the towel on this thread most of the time your comments are the only ones worth reading as for giving up being a journo thats like saying s***o will give up umpiring

definitely worth reading!! at least Picklebet is a better journalist than s***o is an umpire!

I believe r***** tore a calf on saturday and more than likely will not return.

Lets be honest, this is an OPEN forum to discuss/argue/debate topics in and around the RDFL. And as much as alot of people dont like Matt for whatever reason, at least he puts his name to everything he says. Thats ALOT more than all of us can say.

Lets be honest, this is an OPEN forum to discuss/argue/debate topics in and around the RDFL. And as much as alot of people dont like Matt for whatever reason, at least he puts his name to everything he says. Thats ALOT more than all of us can say.

Well if he chooses to leave Journalism and all the great things that this superstar of the print media represents then the chieftont will happily fill his boots. I have been waiting in the wings for a very long time for this and i have alot of super sources both here and the Ballarat league that i could write a short story on things of interest that have not been published or are soon to happen. Give me the pen and i will begin- the chief is ready, HOLD ONTO YOUR SEATS!!!

God bless Daniel Sithorp's techno dancing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back