RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to footy. Diggers seemingly has the easiest run home and should finish third. Where do people think Wallan and Sunbury will finish with an interesting month ahead. Can Centrals make it as they are improvers

interesting question ronald. we probably have one of the toughest runs home. we've already had woodend and macedon, next riddell, then lancefield and sunbury. all teams in the top half and raring to go! definately a challenge ahead for the boys in the navy blue. we would like to think that we could take one maybe two games... question is will that be enough for a finals place?! Hindsight is a wonderful thing but geez i wish we took our chances and knocked off wallan and romsey. we have made it hard for ourselves!

Re: R.d.f.l Thread 2008

[/b]

" I WAS WRONG "

After watching the Cats Insipid display on Saturday down at Melton I can come to only ONE conclusion.......... Macedon FC will not play Finals this season & whats more, on that performance they will be lucky to win another game this year !
Gone is the hunger, gone is the endeavour, gone is the desire to compete !
Oh sure they have a few players that are standing up to be counted, ie.. Wilton, Wright, Kennedy & the Big Rig has a crack, but they are way to few, & in a team game that demands 'All Hands on Deck' to be successful the Cats have lost their Way, lost their Fighting Spirit, which had been a feature of their improvement so far this season.
I even witnessed on Saturday, horror of horrors ! some Macedon players actually taking short steps, pulling out, dropping their heads & an unwillingness to put their nut over the ball ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Take nothing away from Melton though they came out firing & played some really great footy, setting up the victory in the first half. They simply wanted the Ball & the Win more than Macedon did, & it stuck out like Dogs Balls !

Memo Cats..... if your gunna go down, at least have a red hot crack & it wouldn't hurt to put in a shepherd or two now & again when your mates got the pill.............. Its called " TEAM PLAY " & Guess What ? It works a treat too !

I would have thought that a developing side like the Cats are going to have some great highs (as they have had this year), but also some significant lows (last w/e) with the influx of new players they have gained this season. As i'm sure Halffull would atest, they are heading in the right direction and trying to develop a winning culture again after consistently getting flogged for 5 years since coming back into the comp - this doesn't happen overnight as we all know. Let's not all be like Mike Sheahan and jump on and off teams due to how they are travelling at the time - it's just being reactive. The bigger picture points to all positive stuff in my opinion for the Macedon FC.

Agree with both yes we are young, developing and trying to develop a winning culture but agree with Omni here you dont always get a chance to make finalls and need to take the chances when they are there. Cats were out desired on Saturday no 2 ways about it Melton Centrals just plainly wanted it more.

i was honestly worried about the match simply because macedon have been huge improvers. we have always struggled against macedon and youth seems to be a contributor. i was wondering though, when was the last time macedon beat melton at macpheron park?? (i honestly dont know this) i cant even remember when centrals beat macedon at their home ground! home ground advantage between these two seems to be a factor. But we honestly need to do something about the clash of jumpers...

i was honestly worried about the match simply because macedon have been huge improvers. we have always struggled against macedon and youth seems to be a contributor. i was wondering though, when was the last time macedon beat melton at macpheron park?? (i honestly dont know this) i cant even remember when centrals beat macedon at their home ground! home ground advantage between these two seems to be a factor. But we honestly need to do something about the clash of jumpers...

Couldn't Macedon just wear their old port melbourne style jumpers with the red and blue vertical stripes if the league would allow it for these matches that clash. I reckon they are better looking jumpers anyway and it would solve all clash of jumpers that macedon are involved in

Couldn't Macedon just wear their old port melbourne style jumpers with the red and blue vertical stripes if the league would allow it for these matches that clash. I reckon they are better looking jumpers anyway and it would solve all clash of jumpers that macedon are involved in

Clash jumpers should be the away sides problem. Will Wallan swap their stripes when at home????

we are in the process of designing an alternative jumper for the next time we play away to macedon (if that's next year). obviously we will need approval from the league, macedon and most importantly, our members plus we need to find the funds as it is an expensive exercise! of course we wont give up our traditional jumper for home games, no club will!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clash jumpers should be the away sides problem. Will Wallan swap their stripes when at home????

Yeah true of course we wouldn't and no club should really. But i only mentioned it as it used to be macedon's full time jumper anyway and when they had it they never clashed with anyone, plus i think its a pretty good jumper

hard to say davo. obviously we would want navy blue and white still but we'll still clash with the cats. any ideas will be great! thanks for that!

can anyone tell me how brendan chugg,brian wheelahan and kane roach r going at melton centrals?

thought you already knew this oz?? from a biased point of view i believe chuggy is killing it. he is a match winner without a doubt, been in the best nearly every week and probably will be a shoo in come b&f night... might also do well in the bowen. wheels has had another great year, injuries have held him back from producing his stellar best but i believe he is over them now and really passionate about steering the boys into the finals. Bully has been dominate across the half back and has been thrown in the middle to change it up a bit. potential captain in the future and the boys love him. all three are stand outs. but then again that's my opinion... what do others think?

what about this for Riddell

riddelljumper.jpg

IMG%5D

Looks Sensational, makes me wanna make a Comeback ! :eek:

Looks Sensational, makes me wanna make a Comeback ! :eek:

now that would be a certain crowd puller with the infamous omnipotent saddling up for a comeback !
could see you perhaps starting on the wing to ease into it then straight into the ruck.
would be a shame though that you couldnt wear your old woolen jumper with the laces up the middle and perhaps you may have to invest in a new pair of boots those ankle high ones may do some damage these days

now that would be a certain crowd puller with the infamous omnipotent saddling up for a comeback !
could see you perhaps starting on the wing to ease into it then straight into the ruck.
would be a shame though that you couldnt wear your old woolen jumper with the laces up the middle and perhaps you may have to invest in a new pair of boots those ankle high ones may do some damage these days

Dont forget the Jock Strap pal !............ extra extra extra LARGE of course, still got that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back