RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: R.d.f.l Thread 2008

especially nicholls to kilmore, he wouldnt get a game in any of our 3 sides, and i think its almost a certainty the 17 yr olds at training would out drink him haha

Anything bold and italic is either untrue or no where near confirmed as yet as far as I know.

Thats a big call Matt.. So u you think Helmers is leaving the roos??

Wing Nut you seem to have a lot of information there!! Can you actually confirm any of it..

On another note great to see the turn out for the burras first run last night.. Would of been 40+ people there..

I have spoken with the Dean, and nothin along the lines of this has been indicated to myself, and i speak couple times a week. So i can not confirm or deny but he has been a driving force behind the Roos of the field....

huge news

bonnici to play for keilor in 2008

petran to play for kangaroos

climas to macedon

nicholls to kilmore

morgan to heathcote

robbie and anthony belcher to macedon

sullivan and burlak to sunbury lions

helmers to split from kangaroos

I am working on finding out some more info, but from what info I have already, two of the 3 have denied these rumors. I would be very surprised to see Helmers leave the Roos and I don't think Kilmore would have the coin to be able to pay Nicholls. It would cost a lot just to keep him on the park with all of the injuries he cops, but I have to say, he runs straight lines:D

I am working on finding out some more info, but from what info I have already, two of the 3 have denied these rumors. I would be very surprised to see Helmers leave the Roos and I don't think Kilmore would have the coin to be able to pay Nicholls. It would cost a lot just to keep him on the park with all of the injuries he cops, but I have to say, he runs straight lines:D

Any truth to the rumour around the hills Harry some of Romsey U/18's following past coach to Hethcote?

from what i have gathered collis will be staying - not sure on cornish's intentions as i have only seen him at the coach's pres nite last monday, so not reading too much into the story last week. as for recruits we look to have secured 2 or 3 talls as well as one or two midfield types from there as well, i think they are all old friends of speersy and family of our assistants. also a chance of having robbie wittmer back for next year as he has been at training and from speaking with him looks a likely starter with us next year...but it is only november so wont be holding my breath....how are you guys lookin??

I have heard that we have picked up a few recruits but I wont name them until they have been confirmed. It will be interesting to see if any of the boys that left last season will be there on Monday for our 1st training night now that we are back in the RDFL. And to who ever decides the fixture please make it a Wallan vs Kilmore in round 1 on a Sunday.

How are clubs looking for an under 18's team next year. I know our committe have said that we will get a team but personally i think it will be very hard especially if our juniors decide to stay in the NFL.

How are clubs looking for an under 18's team next year. I know our committe have said that we will get a team but personally i think it will be very hard especially if our juniors decide to stay in the NFL.

Our juniors aren't going anywhere iceman, have you heard they are maybe reconsidering or something like that???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting to see no debate about petran to roos .. is this %100 confirmed ?? just what the roos need if true

Does anyone know what happened with Clears? I knew he was keen, thought he woulda re-applied, but I take it he either didn't or withdrew for Dayson to have to step in again. Sure does put a lot into the KFC, they're a dying breed in country footy blokes like Dayson.

I knew Dayson yeas ago when he was 16-17 and we spent time at the same caravan Park at Torquay and he was a good bloke then. Love to atch up with him

Serge is no chance of taking an official role if he plays at Riddell. Roswell works for him so the orders only go one way in that relationship and he is offended that it was raised.

Riddell is the most likely place he will have a kick but his body is stuffed and he would be lucky to be able to play to 6 or 7 games next year. The other option is joining his good mate Robbie Lee at Birchip and playing handful of games up there. My money is though he will join the Gissy golf club get his handicap down to single figures. That way he can play golf Sat morning and then pick the best game to go and drink cans at out of Riddell, Sunbury or Gisborne.

Griffen has retired and is living O/S and Lobb has moved to QLD.
get out of serges arse:eek: are you still claiming he is a mate of yours:).from what i've seen of your golf game maybe you should be the one playing golf on a saturday morning:D

I knew Dayson yeas ago when he was 16-17 and we spent time at the same caravan Park at Torquay and he was a good bloke then. Love to atch up with him

well ringo - the time is now!!! you will have to come to a game next year and share a beer with the great man!!! dayson too:D

Any truth to the rumour around the hills Harry some of Romsey U/18's following past coach to Hethcote?

I'm pretty sure the approach has been made, but nothing is confirmed yet.

We're all for the young guys or anyone for that matter going to another league to play a better brand of footy, having said that, I don't think that Heathcote fits that category.

If they wanted to go to Sunbury Lions, or Gisborne or to a club in the EDFL we'd be dissapointed but we would support them in the hope that they return to Romsey when they are ready. I will keep the feelers out and get back to everyone when more info comes to hand.

I have spoken with the Dean, and nothin along the lines of this has been indicated to myself, and i speak couple times a week. So i can not confirm or deny but he has been a driving force behind the Roos of the field....

Well Langwarrin are of the opinion they have signed him. Check it out at the following link under Nepean section then subject Tough Guys in the community Forum

http://www.mpnfl.com.au/

I'm pretty sure the approach has been made, but nothing is confirmed yet.

We're all for the young guys or anyone for that matter going to another league to play a better brand of footy, having said that, I don't think that Heathcote fits that category.
If they wanted to go to Sunbury Lions, or Gisborne or to a club in the EDFL we'd be dissapointed but we would support them in the hope that they return to Romsey when they are ready. I will keep the feelers out and get back to everyone when more info comes to hand.

Each to their own hary, pretty sure this has been argued enough- best to leave it to the guys who have played both comps to post their thoughts.

Each to their own hary, pretty sure this has been argued enough- best to leave it to the guys who have played both comps to post their thoughts.

No offence was intended, Romsey played a practice match against Broadford this year and we got rolled, so I'm not suggesting that we're better than any other side in the Heathcote league or that the RDFL is a better league, I am merely saying that if the younger guys wanted to play a better brand of footy then I would've thought leagues like the EDFL or the Ballarat league would be a better choice. If the boys are going to step up, they might as well step right up.

P.S. You never know, after 2008 I may be able to post my thoughts on the difference between the leagues;)

No offence was intended, Romsey played a practice match against Broadford this year and we got rolled, so I'm not suggesting that we're better than any other side in the Heathcote league or that the RDFL is a better league, I am merely saying that if the younger guys wanted to play a better brand of footy then I would've thought leagues like the EDFL or the Ballarat league would be a better choice. If the boys are going to step up, they might as well step right up.

P.S. You never know, after 2008 I may be able to post my thoughts on the difference between the leagues;)

Hows the Dawson thing heading Doon? Any news? Or is it a double package lol? 2 for the price of 1, or something like that?

Hows the Dawson thing heading Doon? Any news? Or is it a double package lol? 2 for the price of 1, or something like that?

I am completely confused by all this Dawson stuff Trueblueroohouse, 2 for 1 now, who might the 2nd bloke be? You're off to Heathcote also Harry, seems everyone's going there bar me, shoulda called me Alistair :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back