RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once Again you are incorrect , in the bfl if sixth beats third , the winner out of fourth and fifth progress to the second semi final.

Not sure I am incorrect. All I said if the 3rd team is strong they get the double chance and 2 chances of playing in a Grand Final. Of course they have to win. See my post from earlier. If they are weak they could lose and then are out.

1 v 2
3 v 6 - Elimination
4 v5 - Elimination

Left with 4 teams after week 1.

Highest winner plays the winner out of 1 and 2. Winner of this game into the granny - Loser with another chance.

Lowest winner plays the loser of 1 and 2 in an in another knock out final. Winner to play the loser of the above game to go into the Grand Final.

Which could be 4th or 5th if the third team is beaten.

rockbank to win agaisnt killmore any thoughts

I totally agree. kilmore really struggling and at rockbanks homeground ill tip the rams to get two in a row. When woulld they have last won 2 in a row

Just on the other stuff, i reckon the leage overall is improving and getting better quality and clubs are getting more professional, and the league do a really good job with running it.... But 2 things look they might be wrong decisions

-the top ranked winner out of 3 v 6 and 4 v5 should play the winner of 1 v 2. most people agree on this one, im prety sure the afl did it this way when they had top 6

- the preliminry final at macedon is a good day and i think lancefield and macedon are the best grounds all round and they should host the 2 big days. and i agree that netball is importnt aswell but most of the crowd is there for footy.

Warren "king hit" Carton copped his right whack at the RDFL Tribunal last night when banned for four matches.

This will end his career as he has been previously de-registered by AFL Victoria for going over the 16-week quota.

Im sure that was my scoop

KEEP THIS ONE ON THE DOWNLOW BOYS I WAS TOLD NOT TO TELL ANYONE SO ITS JUST BETWEEN US ON HERE OK.

i have it on very good authority that monageeta have secretly been in talks with the rdfl about entering the comp for 2009. the boys at the rdfl have approved there application and have been quietly going about constructing a grandstand and changerooms at the pig farm. apparently the playing surface is superb with ample nutriants from the pigs providing a soft and durable surface which should be right for round 1 next year.
greg miller is the new ceo and has been on a massive recruiting drive and is heavily in talks with the man who runs the show that is the rdfl lee james himself! my mail is that jamesy will be a playing coach and will recieve two pigs a games and a kilo of bacon for his sunday morning breakfast which he will no doubt forward on to his current teamate timmy mac. apparently he is rumoured to be sharing the coaching duties with the big bristle brian taylor ,who lives very close to the new ground ,is is also considering pulling on the boots for one last hurrrah.good to see the rdfl expanding :thumbsu::thumbsu:

The RDFL are sure to grant them entry based on Monagetti's strong running game. Hard to stop.

From the information I have Centrals are hosting the dual final but dont have the resources to run two canteens so are "subletting" the canteen on the main oval to Melton Bloods Juniors. The Senior club isn't involved at all. Centrals are controlling the canteen on the 2nd oval and setting up the bar to service both grounds.

From my information the 'subletting' wasn't by choice. The mentality is that it is their facitlity, their resources! Centrals were not offered the use of the facility or resources at all at the number one oval. Also Im positive that the senior Bloods are running the bar on the main ground. Hopefully Centrals have enough balls to stand up to the Bloods and run all bars at BOTH grounds! Either way, decision has been made but I'm only buying from the RDFL club!!! Macedon or Bloods making money.... Know which one I'd prefer!

From my information the 'subletting' wasn't by choice. The mentality is that it is their facitlity, their resources! Centrals were not offered the use of the facility or resources at all at the number one oval. Also Im positive that the senior Bloods are running the bar on the main ground. Hopefully Centrals have enough balls to stand up to the Bloods and run all bars at BOTH grounds! Either way, decision has been made but I'm only buying from the RDFL club!!! Macedon or Bloods making money.... Know which one I'd prefer!

I dont know all the details of the Sub-Letting arrangement, but I am pretty sure that the Bloods senior side has no involvement in the day at all and that Centrals will be setting up a bar to cater for both.

Which could be 4th or 5th if the third team is beaten.

Lets see if you can finally get this right KINGS ARMY you have hedged your bet both times so i will spell it out for you, in the rdfl the winner out of 3rd versus 6th goes into second semi . fourth and fifth cannot progress to second semi .

The rdfl finals system is different to the bfl . In the bfl if six beats three . the winner of four and five progress to the second semi .

Lets see if you can finally get this right KINGS ARMY you have hedged your bet both times so i will spell it out for you, in the rdfl the winner out of 3rd versus 6th goes into second semi . fourth and fifth cannot progress to second semi .

The rdfl finals system is different to the bfl . In the bfl if six beats three . the winner of four and five progress to the second semi .

How did come up with this. Stupid 6th spot winning the 1st final and then getting a double chance and 2 chances of going into the grand final. IMS can you confirm this?

Think its funny that the RDFL are happy to deny Macedon a final because of a silly netball court technicality, but are happy to endorse a final at another venue which footy ground doesn't meet AFL Victoria standards . . . :eek:

As previously posted on this thread and as posted on the official RDFL website the finals system is

rdflfinalsix[1].jpg

Cheers
:);):eek:

How did come up with this. Stupid 6th spot winning the 1st final and then getting a double chance and 2 chances of going into the grand final. IMS can you confirm this?

Sit down ya clown. :D
Look at the diagram provided the winner of 3rd & 6th goes in to the 2nd semi.

If I finished third or sixth I'd be going all out to win in week one of the finals, then tank the following week against Riddell, get your players right for a prelim, then hope to catch the Bombers off-guard in the granny!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stupid decision. How can 6th and 1st win there first final and become equal??
How can 3 V 6 play a home final at the 6th place home ground?? If you are currently 4th and 5th why would you not tank to finish 6th?? 6th is much better than 4th and 5th.
The RDFL have made a mess of this.

And which ground would that be :confused::confused:

Woodend's. Under AFL Victoria laws it says that the boundary line must be three metres from the fence. The Hawks ground is the only one in the RDFL which does not comply with that. I've seen a nasty injury happen on the fence too, so those at GGR might want to be careful in case someone thinks about legal action!

Gee the RDFL are copping a pasting here today. I was thinking of making a comeback, but this thread has FINALLY found some life :D

Keep up the good work :thumbsu:

Help me out Matt - final system??? Whats your take. At least in the BFL the highest placed team gets a home final. Does any one one here like this system? Understand revenue raising with the extra finals but how have they come up with this finals system? 100.7fm tonight - I am all over this.

Help me out Matt - final system??? Whats your take. At least in the BFL the highest placed team gets a home final. Does any one one here like this system? Understand revenue raising with the extra finals but how have they come up with this finals system? 100.7fm tonight - I am all over this.

I agree.. First week of finals should be the higher placed team gets a home final.. But for some reason I dont think our clubs are too keen on the idea.. Would rather not host a final that they are playing in.

I agree.. First week of finals should be the higher placed team gets a home final.. But for some reason I dont think our clubs are too keen on the idea.. Would rather not host a final that they are playing in.

Probably because clubs struggle to find volunteers to help out during the day. Players are more than willing to help out if they're not playing but it seems too hard for players to help out if they're playing.

Probably because clubs struggle to find volunteers to help out during the day. Players are more than willing to help out if they're not playing but it seems too hard for players to help out if they're playing.

Agree totally mate...

Gee the RDFL are copping a pasting here today. I was thinking of making a comeback, but this thread has FINALLY found some life :D

Keep up the good work :thumbsu:
:eek: pickles if that really is you welcome back maatte we missed you now matty can you do some of your investigation work and find out what the bloody hell is going on at maccy park and sort out this finals scheemozzle for us:eek:

Enough of the talk about the finals format. Who will make the top six? How many goals will James end up with? Who will produce odds on teams making the finals or bowen odds and the team of the year line-up as with a much evener competition should produce an even spread of club representatives?

Woodend's. Under AFL Victoria laws it says that the boundary line must be three metres from the fence. The Hawks ground is the only one in the RDFL which does not comply with that. I've seen a nasty injury happen on the fence too, so those at GGR might want to be careful in case someone thinks about legal action!

Im sorry... This is petty.... :thumbsdown:

:eek: pickles if that really is you welcome back maatte we missed you now matty can you do some of your investigation work and find out what the bloody hell is going on at maccy park and sort out this finals scheemozzle for us:eek:

There is no finals schemozzle.. The board made their decision on where and when finals would be hosted. The same as they do every year.. Unfortunately for some and luckily for others.. Its a decision that has been made and passed at board level.. Story finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back