RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: R.d.f.l Thread 2008

Into my second day of a three-week long New Zealand trip lads. Flying over Christchurch, it is any wonder the Kiwis are no good at cricket when they travel abroad. The size of their cricket ovals are tiny! As they are playing on converted rugby fields, it is amazing to see some of the cricket grounds. Good to see a fair amount of turf pitches though, very green though! When I got to Christchurch at 2pm yesterday it was 30 degrees and fabulous, but a 3-hour drive to the western part of the south island saw the temperature drop significantly and the rain set in. I'll be able to write some fairly interesting sport articles when I get back on the similarities and differences between Australia and New Zealand.

I'll be logging in here every couple of days so if you've got any ideas of places I should visit whilst in the Sth Island let me know. :D

I highly recommend you visit Milford Sound. Fantastic spot, great scenary. Fox Glacier and Franz Josef Glacier, also well worth the drive.:thumbsu:

What about a Christmas wish list from all- (have some fun with it)
Rockbank to get 10 draftees that were not picked up and anybody else
Kilmore to get rid of that slope on the ground and keep Robbo and Cornish then clone them and get two more for next season
Lancefield to loose 08 grandfinal venue but play off in the Grandfinal
Centrals to get some underweight twos players to push for senior selection
Riddell to get a tall ruckman and finish in the bottom three
Kangaroos to get Bonnicci back, Dixon to drop 30kgs and play F/F in the seniors and kerb the language on the girls up there
Woodend to cover the pitch with soil and grass Else to kick a hundred and fight Riddell for the bottom three
Macedon to get Judd,Ablett,R.Beatson to play off against Lancefield in the Grandfinal with Beatson to kick a record number of goals in a G/F
Romsey to get Meldrum,Carrolls,Strack ,Morgan,Burlak,Cox and Harry Wilson to play again
Diggers to get a ground as big as the MCG and play all finals on Saturdays
Last but not least M.Nicholls - Chief Sports Writer fot the Herald Sun

Enjoy and have a safe and happy Christmas

What about a Christmas wish list from all- (have some fun with it)
Rockbank to get 10 draftees that were not picked up and anybody else
Kilmore to get rid of that slope on the ground and keep Robbo and Cornish then clone them and get two more for next season
Lancefield to loose 08 grandfinal venue but play off in the Grandfinal
Centrals to get some underweight twos players to push for senior selection
Riddell to get a tall ruckman and finish in the bottom three
Kangaroos to get Bonnicci back, Dixon to drop 30kgs and play F/F in the seniors and kerb the language on the girls up there
Woodend to cover the pitch with soil and grass Else to kick a hundred and fight Riddell for the bottom three
Macedon to get Judd,Ablett,R.Beatson to play off against Lancefield in the Grandfinal with Beatson to kick a record number of goals in a G/F
Romsey to get Meldrum,Carrolls,Strack ,Morgan,Burlak,Cox and Harry Wilson to play again
Diggers to get a ground as big as the MCG and play all finals on Saturdays
Last but not least M.Nicholls - Chief Sports Writer fot the Herald Sun

Enjoy and have a safe and happy Christmas
Is Lancefield likely to lose the grand final? The ground is/was by a long way the best size and surface of any in the Riddell league and their facilities are also superior to most IMO.

Into my second day of a three-week long New Zealand trip lads. Flying over Christchurch, it is any wonder the Kiwis are no good at cricket when they travel abroad. The size of their cricket ovals are tiny! As they are playing on converted rugby fields, it is amazing to see some of the cricket grounds. Good to see a fair amount of turf pitches though, very green though! When I got to Christchurch at 2pm yesterday it was 30 degrees and fabulous, but a 3-hour drive to the western part of the south island saw the temperature drop significantly and the rain set in. I'll be able to write some fairly interesting sport articles when I get back on the similarities and differences between Australia and New Zealand.

I'll be logging in here every couple of days so if you've got any ideas of places I should visit whilst in the Sth Island let me know. :D

like harry said milford sound and those places are a great sight seeing, but for night time action head to the "world bar", buffalo bar altitude, even someone as uncordinated as u on the dance floor, who i mite say has been told he resembles a one armed person having an epileptic fit dance style should have all the sheep ladies queing up for some nicholls loving, but if that dosent go 2 plan, there are always our white wooly friends always only a stone throw away!!!!

This footy forum is turning too shit if we are discussing Matt Nicholls holiday.
Think we all need a couple of weeks break over christmas..
And come back bigger and stronger for huge year in 08

[/quote]

Should be to finish social room, and regain ex under 16 & 18 players with Judd & Ablett.

matt you are the first to sook if we are not talking footy on here so find your own places to go.. nobody cares about the cricket grounds.. so stop with the dribble... have fun on your trip and IMS said to leave the black sheep alone they bite....

Agreed Mongrel ... Played a lot of my underage footy with him. I reckon he might have got reported once or twice over the 5 years we played together. So if that indicates a tainted record ... I am not a sloth ! Everyone makes mistakes and he would acknowledge that he did stuff up. His inclusion would certainly increase the standard of the comp regardless who he plays for from Rockbank to Kilmore and all clubs in between. Almost all clubs would love to have him come round one in 2008 !

I played all my underage footy with him and he was the same to the umps (not saying i was much better) as he was the year he was at Skumbury,

matt have a look at lake wanaka,bunjee jump and take chopper flight to top of franj joseph glacier,,,at night hit the brewery pub and "go over the top" thirteen different beers schooner of each and all the women look ok

Should be to finish social room, and regain ex under 16 & 18 players with Judd & Ablett.[/quote]

If it has got a roof on and you can drink under it its as good as finished

Got a couple of BigFooty scoops here fellas. All the way from Reefton.

Former Coburg legend Ken Ingram has signed with Kilmore! May be of veteran years, but is committed and is looking to have a huge year.

Won Coburg's best and fairest in 1990 and 96.

Was named in their team of the century on the HF line too.

Also, I'm led to believe that Matthew Robertson and Robbie Wittmer will both be pulling on the Blues jumpers in 2008.

Latest RDFL premiership betting odds are:

Riddell $1.60
Kilmore $2.85
Woodend-Hesket $3.50
Sunbury Kangaroos $6.00
Diggers Rest $7.50
Romsey $8.00
Wallan $13
Lancefield $15
Macedon $17
Melton Centrals $47
Rockbank $101

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Former Coburg legend Ken Ingram has signed with Kilmore! May be of veteran years, but is committed and is looking to have a huge year.

Also, I'm led to believe that Matthew Robertson and Robbie Wittmer will both be pulling on the Blues jumpers in 2008.

Riddell $1.60
Kilmore $2.85
Woodend-Hesket $3.50
Sunbury Kangaroos $6.00
Diggers Rest $7.50
Romsey $8.00
Wallan $13
Lancefield $15
Macedon $17
Melton Centrals $47
Rockbank $101

ive seen the big man in action...bit of a short fuse on the bloke, likes a dust up, he was playin at westmeadows a year or two ago...big bloke, similar to col gadsen in size...hes body would be strugglin nowadays though i would have thought

Riddell $1.60
Kilmore $2.85
Woodend-Hesket $3.50
Sunbury Kangaroos $6.00
Diggers Rest $7.50
Romsey $8.00
Wallan $13
Lancefield $15
Macedon $17
Melton Centrals $47
Rockbank $101

Just curious Pickles, how can Diggers be shorter odds than Romsey? As I understand it they have lost a few players, and going on last seasons form were still at least 6 goals off the pace of the top 4:confused: I can understand the other sides like Kilmore (have picked up a few handy recruits) and Sunbury (proved their standing last season), Woodend and Riddell needs no justification, I'm not sure what you're thinking? Perhaps the mountain air has gotten to you?

Just curious Pickles, how can Diggers be shorter odds than Romsey? As I understand it they have lost a few players, and going on last seasons form were still at least 6 goals off the pace of the top 4:confused: I can understand the other sides like Kilmore (have picked up a few handy recruits) and Sunbury (proved their standing last season), Woodend and Riddell needs no justification, I'm not sure what you're thinking? Perhaps the mountain air has gotten to you?

I think the boy may be fishing FROM New Zealand rather than IN New Zealand mate, & guess what....... I think he's hooked a Wilsonfish in the process !

maybe because they have by far the best coach in the competition. sure they have lost a few players but they also have good group of young kids coming through who will be coached perfectly. having done a pre season there hopkins sums up the situation very quickly. he knows he doesnt have many superstars but he can get them to play for each other.

Would like to wish all of the RDFL forum contributors a safe and happy Christmas and New Year. Once again, this thread has been one of the best threads on the site IMO and hope to see another fantastic year of contributions from everyone in 2008.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

IMS... :thumbsu:

Riddell $1.60
Kilmore $2.85
Woodend-Hesket $3.50
Sunbury Kangaroos $6.00
Diggers Rest $7.50
Romsey $8.00
Wallan $13
Lancefield $15
Macedon $17
Melton Centrals $47
Rockbank $101

Kilmore $2.85 get serious!!! I like the fact you put your money where your mouth is but seriously if you think Ken Ingram will last the season without breaking down you are living in fairy land, from what I saw of them last season they were at least 4 quality players away from challenging Riddell and Woodend and I dont expect those teams to get worse this year, in fact if you believe what you hear Riddell are over the line already...

Kilmore $2.85 get serious!!! I like the fact you put your money where your mouth is but seriously if you think Ken Ingram will last the season without breaking down you are living in fairy land, from what I saw of them last season they were at least 4 quality players away from challenging Riddell and Woodend and I dont expect those teams to get worse this year, in fact if you believe what you hear Riddell are over the line already...

You just throw out the line these days, you don't even need bait to catch them on here anymore! The reason why I'm installing Kilmore at $2.85 is because there are a lot more Blues fans that will have a wager*. I'm giving other teams jucier odds to entice them out of their summer hibernation! :D
Ken Ingram won't make the difference, but the four or five new blokes I saw at J.J. Clancy before leaving probably will. As for having Diggers ahead of Romsey Harry, I don't mind the Burra, they started poorly this year and I know Hopkins and crew will be out to make ammends. Until I see clearances signed and sealed I won't be declaring anyone gone from any club just yet. But it's pre-season, New Zealand doesn't have as many sheep as expected :( and I thought I'd throw up of a Christmas market for all those interested*

I'll be back in a few days.

* If I were running a market

Hey boys,

looking for some information on a guy named James House,

Apparently goes OK, might be headed to the EDFL next Season :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back