RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: R.d.f.l Thread 2008

settle down greenbac, speers was never going to play, hes the coach, i notice that wallan didnt put an exact side for saturdays game. so really its the pot calling the kettle there bud
as for robbo his last qtr was fantastic plain and simple mate theres no use even arguing.
king and strayney were very good and very mine it was strayney who was best on ground for both sides. for wallan i thought whiteway galea and langbourne

robbo did nothin till the last qtr..... u have lost all credibility u ever had matt. robbo has alot of ability but gets a hell of alot of cheap kicks. his good when he has the ball matt but far to lazy for my liking. chill out dude. whiteway and langbourne clearly best on the ground. kilmores best was j king and strayney. alot of people watched that game mate and witnessed that he wasnt fantastic all game just big last qtr. get ya hand off it pickles. where was britney spears, seen was named in the paper but didnt show. shootin the mouth off as usual..........

Sounds like a sooore looooser.

robbo did nothin till the last qtr..... u have lost all credibility u ever had matt. robbo has alot of ability but gets a hell of alot of cheap kicks. his good when he has the ball matt but far to lazy for my liking. chill out dude. whiteway and langbourne clearly best on the ground. kilmores best was j king and strayney. alot of people watched that game mate and witnessed that he wasnt fantastic all game just big last qtr. get ya hand off it pickles. where was britney spears, seen was named in the paper but didnt show. shootin the mouth off as usual..........

When the game was in the balance and there to be won, one player stood out above all others.
To me, that is what makes a player that little bit more special.
I agree, Robbo didn't play at 100 per cent capacity in the whole game, but because everyone expects him to be a 40+ possession getter, they say he has an ordinary game when he only gets 33 touches.
I'd like someone to video one of his games one day and see how much territory he covers.
People say he gets cheap kicks across half back, but he has kicked 10 goals in four games (sixth highest in the comp).
The fact of the matter is that even though Robbo is my favourite player to watch, he is my favourite because you know that Kilmore are always a chance of winning because he can turn a game on its head single handedly.
There are not too many people who can do this in the competition. Don't forget, he's probably 188cm tall, can play key position and onball, and is just as quick as anybody else in the competition over 2-7 metres.

Matt hopefuly you can give me an answer to this question .A Romsey player was reported on saturday in the u18s by the boundary ump for striking.I asked the ump how old he was he replied 12.I dont think that this boy should have any authority to report anybody at his age,would he even know what a stike is?

cant help you with that one Kingy, but maybe i can help you with your golf swing as it terrible!

Your money is always good with me. Your brother may have me covered but my swing is good enough to take your cash. By the way Jay still owes me $50 from the Roos V Tigers game.

Matt hopefuly you can give me an answer to this question .A Romsey player was reported on saturday in the u18s by the boundary ump for striking.I asked the ump how old he was he replied 12.I dont think that this boy should have any authority to report anybody at his age,would he even know what a stike is?

All umpires have the power to make a report. I can see your argument, but Riddell Umpires general manager Glen Shilling is pretty astute and his junior umpires are pretty well educated on that sort of thing. I don't think he would have made a report if it didn't happen.

The best on ground award is called the Doug McIntyre Medal.

2006 - Dean Besanko (Riddell)
2005 - Mark Andrews (Riddell)
2004 - James O'Grady (Lancefield)
2003 - Matt Cox (Romsey)
2002 - Mick Tadd (Woodend-Hesket)
2001 - Robbie Wittmer (Kilmore)
2000 - John Markham (Jacana)

Thanks Matt - more question that might test you - of the above 7 players how many palyed at a higher level - ie/ Nick Hannett played in the Ballarat league.

Thanks Matt - more question that might test you - of the above 7 players how many palyed at a higher level - ie/ Nick Hannett played in the Ballarat league.

Not sure about Jimmy O'Grady and Mark Andrews, but I believe Coxy, Wittmer, Tadd, Besanko and Markham have all played a level above RDFL footy. Although when Markham was really firing, the RDFL was pretty strong!

Not sure about Jimmy O'Grady and Mark Andrews, but I believe Coxy, Wittmer, Tadd, Besanko and Markham have all played a level above RDFL footy. Although when Markham was really firing, the RDFL was pretty strong!
I believe Besanko played for Gisborne in the bendigo league for a year, and not too sure but did'nt Wittmer play down the EDFL a while ago?

All umpires have the power to make a report. I can see your argument, but Riddell Umpires general manager Glen Shilling is pretty astute and his junior umpires are pretty well educated on that sort of thing. I don't think he would have made a report if it didn't happen.

Most 5 year olds know how to punch something and i'm sure a 12 year old will know what one looks like, Generally you will find that the younger umpires are more than likely not to report, unless they are sure of what they saw.

your kidding me right? - terrible post

Your money is always good with me. Your brother may have me covered but my swing is good enough to take your cash. By the way Jay still owes me $50 from the Roos V Tigers game.

Hey army just heard you have donated your money once again , game on the line coming to the 18th and as surge put it you shit yourself . a nice snap hook straight in the trees ,200 hundred donation , when are you going to learn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey army just heard you have donated your money once again , game on the line coming to the 18th and as surge put it you shit yourself . a nice snap hook straight in the trees ,200 hundred donation , when are you going to learn.

And when are you going to learn that Power never tells the whole truth. Yes he won the $200 off the stick BUT did he mention that out of the 22 skins (18 holes plus 4 nearest the pin) on offer he won 1. He lost $20 for the day.

I am miles in front this year. Ask him about the $200 tennis lesson last month.

But as he tells me $50 to me is like $10 to him. Thats why I have no problem taking his money time and time again.

And when are you going to learn that Power never tells the whole truth. Yes he won the $200 off the stick BUT did he mention that out of the 22 skins (18 holes plus 4 nearest the pin) on offer he won 1. He lost $20 for the day.

But as he tells me $50 to me is like $10 to him. Thats why I have no problem taking his money time and time again.

How come Serge didn't play on Saturday ? & is he ok for this week ?

How come Serge didn't play on Saturday ? & is he ok for this week ?

He asked for the week off. His body is stuffed not sure the season will be completed. Not sure he would enjoy playing two's if he can't get going.

If he does get dropped words is the Pres Andy will pull the boots on, Matt and Tezs will come out of retirement so the forward line in the 2's would read.

FF: Ants Power Tez Power Tim Power
HF: Andy Power Matt Power Mark Power

Could not see many handballs bewteen that lot.

He asked for the week off. His body is stuffed not sure the season will be completed. Not sure he would enjoy playing two's if he can't get going.

If he does get dropped words is the Pres Andy will pull the boots on, Matt and Tezs will come out of retirement so the forward line in the 2's would read.

So we pencil Riddell in for the seniors and reserves flags? Now we'll have the Kangas stacking their U18s side :D

Heard he was wrapt had a free round of golf thanks to you definately didnt drop any money . when correct weight was declared there was three winners, and only one bloke had to pay up to them and that was yourself.

When they left you were in the dam scavaging for golf balls hoping to set up a stall and sell them three for five dollars to the members on saturday.
If you had of found all your lost balls maybe you wouldnt have needed to get your feet wet.

Would have to say that would be a very POWERful Forward line then !

or too many of them shouting a beer .

hey kingy you are in the know at bomberland how has andy mccabe been going.

All-Star squads announced

INITIAL squads for the Riddell District Football League’s All-Star match were announced earlier this week.
A total of 44 players have been chosen for the East Team, comprising Kilmore, Wallan, Romsey, Lancefield, Woodend-Hesket and Macedon, whilst 43 were chosen for the West Team, which draws players from Sunbury Kangaroos, Riddell, Diggers Rest, Melton Central and Rockbank.
The All-Star match will be played on Saturday, July 5.
Former Diggers Rest and Melton Centrals coach Shane Geddes will coach the West Team, whilst former Woodend-Hesket premiership player Nick Hannett will lead the East Team.
It is envisaged that the match will have a finals atmosphere where every supporter from every club can come along and support their favourite players.
There will be a limited corporate and club sponsor marquee area, with fully catered hospitality.
For details, contact RDFL general manager Scott McCartney on 9740 5021.

The initial selection squads are as follows:

East Team: Shaun Finnigan, Chris Temperly, Matt Robertson, Tristan Salter, Linton Kemp, Alan Carroll, Jock Thompson, Justin Colliss (Kilmore); Dave Fowler, Dave Cornish, Blake Whiteway, Dave Henderson, Chris Coleman, Tim Fennell, Matt Gibson (Wallan); Simon Choate, Rick Dowling, Jay Shewan, Chris Collins, John Baker, Tom Waters, Scott Smithwick (Lancefield); Tim Dettmann, James Wright, Aaron Christiansen, Alistair Collins, Jae Wilton, Geoff O’Connor (Macedon); Warren Kairns, Steve Burlak, Ryan Connellan, Adam Kearney, Matt McLellan, Ben Richmond, Cam Dawson, Clint Wheatley (Romsey); Kar Weng Ng, Warren Else, Adam Johnstone, Guy Donovan, Mick Lacy, Sam Bowen, James Hepburn, Paul Podbury (Woodend-Hesket).
West Team: Kane Bullen, Brendan Chugg, Brian Wheelahan, Glenn Nankervis, Josh Armstrong, Matt Shugg (Melton Central); Sam Young, Lee James, Michael Allen, James Climas, Peter Robertson, James Petran, Glenn Robertson, Justin Belleville, Jason Allen, Chris Meacham, Aaron Blade (Riddell); Michael Taylor, Luke Walker, Matt Krul, Dylan Nicholson, Brent Henry, David Innella, Tom Mainey (Rockbank); Cole Laurie, Bevan Green, Shaun Sims, Jeremy Jose, Jeff Heritage, Craig Thompson, Leigh Rust, Damien Janner, John Ryan (Diggers Rest); Leigh McInerney, Robbie Ellis, Mark McInerney, Steve James, Bobby Johnson, Ronald Davis, Adam Walsh, Matt Welsh, James House, Brenton Sutherland (Sunbury Kangaroos).

+++

My thoughts:

Firstly, far too many players in the squads. Won't mention names and say who doesn't deserve a guernsey, but there are quite a few there that have no hope of playing in my opinion.

Secondly, do we go for young kids or pick more experienced players. I was speaking to OMNIPOTENT last night on the phone and we were discussing the amount of good youngsters in the competition. Not only are they playing seniors, but they are also having a big impact. Players such as: Climas, Petran, Richmond, Dawson, Hede, Pronk, Saunders, Hamilton, Carroll, Hepburn, Bowen, Dettmann, Collins, Dorman, Wright etc.

For what its worth, the West Team should blitz. The East Team may need to play 20 men on the field.

+++

My thoughts:

Firstly, far too many players in the squads. Won't mention names and say who doesn't deserve a guernsey, but there are quite a few there that have no hope of playing in my opinion.

Of course there is... That is why it is called an "initial" training squad, as coaches, I am sure that clubs would love their players that have been picked in the squad to have a session with these other players, even from one session the experience could be invaluable.

As for the "kids" or the "experienced".. The best squad should be picked, some of these kids are in the best squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back