RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe is out tonight.

Are you an assistant Beats?

by the way, a bloke I know from Melbourne rang me this morning and told me that he saw the first half of the Sunbury v Bacchus Marsh match and the second half of Riddell v Lancefield and he thought the Bombers would go close to, if not beat, the Lions. I think Riddell's current side would be better than Kyneton's in the Bendigo FL, but haven't seen enough of either BFLs in recent times to make a proper judgment. Just how good are the Bombers?

Who is going to the Under 18 match tonight? Should be a ripper!

I'm tipping the RDFL side to win reasonably comfortably. I reckon its the best crop of kids we've had since 2004.

il be there, they only won by 3 points last year. so i think itr will not be a blowout.

stuey clarke will not be playing due to his concussion last week

Bacchus Marsh how strong are they, what rdfl clubs would compete against them ?

Had a look ate Jacanna there one's and two's really in a mess . the 18's are going good .

That's good news for all concerned. The words "disgrace" and "carpark" were bandied about by the Romsey players who were forced to play there in round two.

Maybe not for the committee of Sunbury that have to cart everything to Riddell then back again, and the players that will now have to play the best team in the comp on their own turf twice.
On the Romsey players..
So many players have short memories, both clubs had to play on it, try training on it for 4 months, now that their ground is perfect they think they are too good to play on a not so perfect surface.

Maybe not for the committee of Sunbury that have to cart everything to Riddell then back again, and the players that will now have to play the best team in the comp on their own turf twice.
On the Romsey players..
So many players have short memories, both clubs had to play on it, try training on it for 4 months, now that their ground is perfect they think they are too good to play on a not so perfect surface.

Won't the game just be played at Boardman Reserve in round 17?

I agree that some clubs are blessed with great surfaces, and can complain when they play on something a little bit rough. But the Kangas' ground was a disgrace. We all know its the council's fault, not the clubs, but no one should have played on it three weeks ago.

Won't the game just be played at Boardman Reserve in round 17?

I agree that some clubs are blessed with great surfaces, and can complain when they play on something a little bit rough. But the Kangas' ground was a disgrace. We all know its the council's fault, not the clubs, but no one should have played on it three weeks ago.

I believe Riddell refused to host this weeks game, so Kangas host it at Riddell, no swap.

It wasn't played on the kangas ground it was the middle oval, it was a little hard in spots, the game has been played on grounds like that for over 100 years now.

I believe Riddell refused to host this weeks game, so Kangas host it at Riddell, no swap.

It wasn't played on the kangas ground it was the middle oval, it was a little hard in spots, the game has been played on grounds like that for over 100 years now.

Yeah I'm aware which ground you played on. As for Riddell, that's disappointing. Thought they would have come to the party. Anyway, its another communications problem between the league and Hume Council. If they can't get their grounds in suitable condition, they must tell the RDFL not to fixture games there. Players at all levels are putting their footy careers and outside of footy careers on the line if they play on sub-standard surfaces.
Was speaking to an RDFL legend yesterday who runs his own building company. He said he no longer employed footballers because too many of them turned up hurt. There are probably hundreds of footballers in this comp who run out onto the ground without income insurance because they think their footy insurance covers more than what it actually does. Hope clubs are giving their players plenty of info about the risks etc.

That is a disgrace. I am on the Kangas wagon on this one. Big Scott McCartney should have the power as General Manager to fix that. Should be a straight swap no questions asked.

The Rockbank v Woodend match has also be swapped to Woodend.

Clearance has been lodged. Expecting it to go through some time this afternoon. Why would it be a happy time at Tiger Town? Do they not like people who toil away in undermanned Under 18 and reserves sides?

Wouldnt say you toiled away and you have definately become more of a nuisance than an asset of recent years!!

That is a disgrace. I am on the Kangas wagon on this one. Big Scott McCartney should have the power as General Manager to fix that. Should be a straight swap no questions asked.

Appearently a number of committee members are unavailable to be there this weekend, that is why, that is dissappointing, but i guess you can only play with the hand your dealt, and Riddell were holding the cards.

ps... BrownDog I have saved your post and added it to my favourites :D

On the Romsey players..

Not so perfect is an understatement. The ground was like concrete and we didnt even play on your ground it was sunbury lions juniors ground ...honestly both teams would have been better off playing elsewhere that day even if it was another clubs ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RDFL under18's running out 29 point winners over the Ballarat boys..... Down by 14 points at the last change saw a Myles Dorman exhibition in a 4 goal last quarter to bring his side home. Top effot!

Best where Dillon Murphy, Myles Dorman, Ben Shippard, other than that great team effort

Fantastic effort by the RDFL boys to get over the BFL..... Just to stong & to fit in the last quarter. Great standard contest also.

My Best were - 3. Myles Dorman, 2. Ben Sonogan, 1. Dillon Murphy.

Congratulations to Porky & the boys !

Was a terrific game last night and my man Dorman dominated. He obviously took all the coaching I gave him and threw it out the window because shit he was good! I agree with Omni's votes, although the Diggers Rest boys Ryan and Hannon were also good. As was Kangaroo Carroll.

Final scores were 14.16 (100) to 11.5 (71).

RDFL youngsters fly high

by Matt Nicholls

TRAILING by 14 points at three-quarter-time, Riddell District Football League’s Under 18 interleague team produced a commanding final term to overrun their Ballarat rivals on Wednesday night.
In front of a big crowd at Melton South, the RDFL team played a sizzling final quarter to break the game open and win by 29 points.
Best for the RDFL was Lancefield 16-year-old Myles Dorman.
The small forward booted five goals and was amongst everything, especially late in the game.
Had he kicked straight, Dorman may have even finished with eight or nine majors.
Supporting the Lancefield youngster was Riddell’s Ben Sonogan. The tall and strong-marking forward grabbed everything that went his way and finished with four goals. It was the RDFL’s abundance of quality marking talls that gave the Ballarat boys headaches.
Although the Riddell league trailed for most of the night, they always looked to be superior in the air.
Troubled by the high pace of the game early, it took until the second quarter for the RDFL to settle into a rhythm. When it happened, the local boys looked a much better prospect.
Several missed opportunities in front of goal kept the BFL in the lead, but the RDFL lads kicked true when it counted and were able to finish off the match in convincing style.
A notable mention should go to Rupertswood talent Dylan Murphy, who was a dominating force at centre-half-forward. He was awarded the RDFL medal by the umpires, and was instrumental in his side’s victory with three goals.
Sunbury Kangaroos’ youngster Nathan Carroll also impressed.
While he is not yet classified as a “tall”, his marking qualities are terrific at a young age.
Diggers Rest players Dylan Hannon and John Ryan (captain) were also superb.
Coached by Riddell’s Glenn Elliott, the RDFL looks to have its best crop of youngsters since 2004-05.
Their next match will be against the Western Region Football League on Wednesday, May 28, at Melton South.

dormanua0.jpg

On the Romsey players..

you cant be serious,you cant call that paddock a ground ,if the kangas have to train on that, it may be why the club had such a big injury list .No side should have to play on that .The Hume council has always turned a blind eye to a lot of the towns grounds accept 1 (lions)

Just a question, I thought this game was between both senior leagues under 18s, why did we have a rupertswood player out there, i know they are part of the junior affiliation but they do not play in our 18 or senior comp.

How many of the boys that played last night are playing senior football for their respective sides? Surely some of them are getting a taste of it but who is making a regular impact at senior level?

How many of the boys that played last night are playing senior football for their respective sides? Surely some of them are getting a taste of it but who is making a regular impact at senior level?

Trent Kelly, Ben Pronk and Dylan Walker have all played senior footy at Kilmore this year. Myles Dorman his doing well in Lancefield's ones. As is Jamie Michael for Romsey. Riddell's Ben Sonogan did a reasonable job on the weekend in the ones I heard. Burra players John Ryan, Dylan Hannon and Stuey Clark all play seniors. Ben Shippard does for the Hawks too. EDIT: Forgot to mention Nathan Carroll at the Kangas and Conversano and Preston at Macedon.

It was a shame there were no Rockbank or Melton Central kids in the side though. Centrals desperately need Under 18s.

Another thing I learned last night was the excitement about the upcoming All-Star match. Had a good chat to Shane Geddes and a brief hello with Nick Hannett and both are keen as mustard for the game. There is certainly plenty of hype about it!

yeah we've been trying hard to get the under 18's up and going but in the past it hasn't worked because the kids haven't been commited. we have a sprinkling of kids playing in our reserves now, hopefully that will generate some interest. hey, maybe next year.

It is quite obvious where the "Power" is and it a total disgrace what has happened in this situation.
The league is going ahead in leaps and bounds,because we are all trying to achieve the same goals and make the RDFL one of the best if not the best local competition running around.
The decision by Riddell only shows that the overall big picture is not what it seems and individuals more to the point dont have the same agenda.
This is my personal opinion and for what it is worth i bet there is a lot of people who would agree with me.
It is quite obvious that the pressure is on and nothing less than a premiership after last year will be accepted.
What goes around comes around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back